The Supermassive Blackhole Thread

Pluging

I remember when this came out, Threshold suggested something along the lines of it being better than the original. LOL. ;[ good cover mind but better than Muse's version? Pleeeeeeease.

I remember when this came out, Threshold suggested something along the lines of it being better than the original. LOL. ;[ good cover mind but better than Muse's version? Pleeeeeeease.

that doesn't soooound like something richard west would say, he's usually kinda modest. ill look it up and see if i can find the exact quote, hold up.

(also, check it out. second result if i search "threshold supermassive black hole" says "Muse copied / plagiarized / revisited:Muse's original song: Supermassive Black Hole". someone has DEFINITELY never heard of cover versions. :LOL: someone should tell them Muse never wrote Feeling Good )

whoa, just found what he DID say, and it iiiis a little bit iffy.

"It's a good Muse song and their recording is very cool, but we've made our version heavier and more powerful than the original. It works so well as a Threshold track that it sounds like Muse covered our song!"

BUT he's not saying it's better. if im reading it right he's just saying that it fits the Threshold style so well, that someone who didn't know it was a cover wouldn't suspect a thing. he's done a pretty pants job of phrasing it mind, haha, i can see why people reacted badly to that.

he never says that Thresh's version is better than Muse's or anything like that though.

• 2 months later...

i like the really early ones with the tapping bits in the solo (like on jonathan ross), and the really recent ones where the kaoss pad actually sounds bloody nifty. the middly ones it sounded a bit like he was just going "BLEH" all over the kaoss pad, and then playing some random notes on the neck. also the riffs are better recently. i don't like the "NYOW NYOW NYOW" they used to stick on the opening riff, but now they only play it once, so wahey. :D

Archived