The Supermassive Blackhole Thread

Pluging

Guest Octazooka
Lmao this is exactly the stuff that the thread creator said he/she didn't want.:LOL::D

Oh no, the Muselive thread failed terribly at this topic :facepalm::LOL: Please don't start another one again! :LOL:

I know this is the typical answer. But seriously, Matt must like a bit of bondage with his gf. :LOL:

(That Little Animal, you are a visionary)

yeah thats as far as i ever thought about it, interesting thread though

supermassive black hole = *spank* bad matt-slave! *ball gagged* :LOL:

Interesting concept :O the "glacier's melting in the dead of night" used to make me scratch my head but looking at the song through your perspective that part makes sense. lol brilliant, a sexy song about the seduction of oil and dangers of global warming global warming

I really thought it was a mix of a love song and a political message.

But then i always saw it as, he's so in love and his soul is 'set alight' that everything else going on in the world doesn't matter. It's all about the love!

'Glaciers melting in the dead of night and superstars sucked into the supermassive..' whilst he's singing 'ooooh you set my soul alight' it's like all that chaos is going on but he's more focused on his soul feeling alive because he's in love, you know what i mean?...

I really don't think your oil interpretation quite fits the song. I think that if you tried hard enough you could probably manipulate the lyrics to relate to a lot of things.

Many songs are like that, it allows people to relate to the song and interpret it in their own way.

I really thought it was a mix of a love song and a political message.

But then i always saw it as, he's so in love and his soul is 'set alight' that everything else going on in the world doesn't matter. It's all about the love!

'Glaciers melting in the dead of night and superstars sucked into the supermassive..' whilst he's singing 'ooooh you set my soul alight' it's like all that chaos is going on but he's more focused on his soul feeling alive because he's in love, you know what i mean?...

:eek::happy:

This is an awesome defintion. i love it. it is fixed. end of:p

Hmmm. Interesting theories here. I hadn't given the lyrics more than a cursory thought before, once I realized they were really too cryptic. But I had always figured in the words "soul alight," alight was to mean "set free" or "go out in the air" or something. But now I'm wondering if really it means "on fire" like one's soul is actually being destroyed. Two totally different ways of looking at it. :erm:

I generally always believed that Muse's album told a sort of story. For Black Holes and Revelations, I always felt like there was an alien invasion was happening and the government was covering it up. The aliens had a god complex and wanted to punisht humans for mistreating the planet - specifically politicians (Take A Bow). Supermassive Black Hole always seemed like a speech, like the aliens expressing how they loved the planet earth, and wanted it - since Matt's lyrics are usually involve double metaphors it seemed to be about sexual desire as well. That's...just my opinion, though....

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this kinda thing but this is what I saw after a tad of thought:

"Ooh, baby don't you know I suffer?

Oh, baby can you hear me moan?

You caught me under false pretenses

How long before you let me go?"

This is a song about a man who is mentally enveloped by a woman. He has exposed his feelings to her but he was rejected and can not move on because his feelings for her will not subside.

The man is suffering physiologically constantly wanting to be with this woman more each day, yet she will not love him.

"Supermassive black hole

Supermassive black hole

Supermassive black hole

Supermassive black hole"

The super massive black hole is the feeling of emptiness the man is experiencing, he wants the woman very much but she does not want him.

"Glaciers melting in the dead of night"

The man is brought to the point of tears almost nightly lost in thought about what he shall never have.

"You caught me under false pretenses"

To add insult to injury, the man became so infatuated with this woman that he was sure everything would work out and they would be happy forever.

Now the man must either forget and move on, or live out a sell of a life waiting for this woman to change her mind and return his love. Quite possible instead never be truly happy.

Okay, get ready for some pretty out there lines of thought.. Leave it to me to show just how crazy my train of thought goes on my first post. .. So hello! I'm new and I'm a nut. But that's ok.. I'm also a musician so I guess that gives me a free pass. ;)

The first thing that stuck out for me was that the song was a discussion about a woman. A deceitful yet alluring woman. It brought to mind a particular woman that is discussed in Revelations (since Revelations seems to be an ongoing theme for this album). But Revelations is not the only book of the Bible that refers to this particular woman. I found a passage in the book of Isaiah that layed out a much clearer picture of Great Britain and it's entrapment by the "woman/harlot".

It's chapter 23 and it refers to an island nation called Tyre, and a merchant city called Tarshish that is spin off of that nation located across an ocean. I saw it as a picture of the British Isles and the United States, specifically New York city. It's a pretty deep chapter, but it talks about the people fleeing to Tarshish seeking freedom from oppression taking with them the strength of Tyre, but the oppression follows them.

So it goes on to say that Tyre will be forgotten for 70yrs after losing it's strong hold.. but after 70yrs will take up a harp and sing as a harlot, and "commit fornication with all the nations of the world". This specific sentence is repeated in Revelations when referring to the harlot that sits upon the beast (which is the one world government). That is drunk with the blood of the saints. .. But Tyre is not the harlot, she is a daughter.. an appendage of the body of the beast. We are talking governments here, not the people.

Ephesians 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Chapter 23 of Isaiah appears to say that Tyre will redeem herself in the end and "her merchandise shall be for them that dwell before the LORD, to eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing."

So in conclusion, I think it's a metaphor for Britain's struggle to free herself from the grasp of the harlot and the New World Order.

As for the black hole.. well, lets just say that what happens here on earth is always reflected in the stars. The birth of Jesus was marked by the birth of a star for example. There is also a reference in Revelations to another woman, but this woman is a woman of virtue.. (but that's a whole different discussion) Anyway, Revelation states that there will appear in the sky a great wonder when referencing the event that surrounds her.

My point is that the bible clearly states that there will be some serious things happening in the universe. Everything that happens here is reflected in the stars.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived