The Supermassive Blackhole Thread

Pluging

voice is a bit weak on that

but the guitars awesome! xD!

Oh, yeah! I just discovered this one as well!!!! I love the raw guitar solo!

:D Me to. thts why i like it. the rawness and bellamys screams!

that one was amazing!!!

it sounded like he was just pissed at something and he was going nuts

loved it

now my fav is toss up between the SMBH Alt. Live video and that one. Alt Live cuz it has my fav solo and guitar and voice are absolutely beautiful in that one.

woo woo!

Guest QueenOfNerds

OMG V festival 08 definitely, Matt was beyond sexy in this version, he sizzled.

I think he was singing to me, thats why........

I have watched it many times just because.... well hot....

He really nails it on the guitar solo too.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny review:

http://www.nme.com/reviews/muse/7946

"Only the first of the myriad surprises waiting to burst giggling from Muse’s incredible fourth album, ‘Supermassive Black Hole’ posits the theory, “Hey, we’re all being dragged toward certain obliteration in the gigantic vacuum at the core of space, so… hot tub anyone?” One small step for Matt, one giant leap for Matt-kind."

• 1 month later...
At least it got a minute or two of airplay, Friday Morning as people were leaving town..

That said, looks like Starlight may be going Pop? Found this among Billboard singles reviews, from 5/26/07:

ARTIST: MUSE

SINGLE: STARLIGHT

With 2006 fifth effort "Black Holes and Revelations," Muse delivers an onslaught of progressive stadium rock hits, earning the Brit trio a lofty top 10 view on the U.S. album chart and second consecutive No. 1 U.K. album. On "Starlight," lead Matthew Bellamy's vocals effortlessly rip through an introductory barrage of percussion and bass and seamlessly glide atop heavily synthesized arpeggios and glimmering scales. Having already nearly topped the modern rock playlist, "Starlight," with its wave of refreshment, is *primed for mainstream acceptance*. Muse has hit its intergalactic stride.

:facepalm: Exactly what we all feared.

Funny review:

"Only the first of the myriad surprises waiting to burst giggling from Muse’s incredible fourth album, ‘Supermassive Black Hole’ posits the theory, “Hey, we’re all being dragged toward certain obliteration in the gigantic vacuum at the core of space, so… hot tub anyone?” One small step for Matt, one giant leap for Matt-kind."

There's a line from the NME's review of the Paris Bercy show during Absolution with the line:

‘The planet Earth is fucked,’ goes Muse’s message tonight, ‘who’s up for a human pyramid?’

:facepalm: Exactly what we all feared.

okay right.

a. what's wrong with muse being mainstream? they're like the biggest band in the UK. being able to find Muse CDs in shops and getting regular headline gigs is no bad thing.

b. considering that was published a good year or so ago, and it's apparently not made any difference to you between then and now, it's clearly not causing any discomfort whatsoever.

calm down.

Funny review:

I had a sudden vivid mental image of tiny Matt midgets running around the world and sisnging Supermassive Black Hole :stunned:

Otherwise, that was funny.

okay right.

a. what's wrong with muse being mainstream? they're like the biggest band in the UK. being able to find Muse CDs in shops and getting regular headline gigs is no bad thing.

b. considering that was published a good year or so ago, and it's apparently not made any difference to you between then and now, it's clearly not causing any discomfort whatsoever.

calm down.

Excuse me while I pause my hyperventilation. Ok, back to hyper mode.

• 5 months later...

Archived