The Supermassive Blackhole Thread

Pluging

Um, because the label pays for and owns the vids, and the label wants to make money.

Muse don't have to listen to EVERYTHING their label says. I'd be pretty pissed off if I had a band that had just made a really great video and then they wanna replace it with loads of live footage or something completely different? FUCK THAT.

Why sell out to the American market. Getting big in America isn't THAT big of a deal. It's just a country.

Muse don't have to listen to EVERYTHING their label says. I'd be pretty pissed off if I had a band that had just made a really great video and then they wanna replace it with loads of live footage or something completely different? FUCK THAT.

Why sell out to the American market. Getting big in America isn't THAT big of a deal. It's just a country.

Yeah... It's just a big country with a lot of money... :p

Hey, today i saw the SMBH video on the rock countdown at no. 9. i thought that was pretty gnarly. especially with that video. idk.

edit: sorry. wasn't clear. that was MTV2 Rock Countdown. Im always surprised when i find MUSE somewhere besides by mp3 player. haha.

You guys are lucky just to get Starlight on the radio. I live in Alaska and I have never heard anything about Muse here' date=' not even one of their songs on the radio. It's really messed up actually, they really deserve all the recognition they can get.[/quote']

It's now on VH1, low impact, here in the States also (as well as MTV2).

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/networkmag/chart.asp?format=vh&cutoff=1

SMBH is #16 this week and receives the Airpower tag (indicating a significant increase in spins).

Also worth noting: There's finally a new #1 song atop the Alternative/Modern Rock chart! Linkin Park's "What I've Done" spent 15 weeks at #1 and was knocked out of the top spot by the White Stripes' "Icky Thump."

For all who know precious from depeche mode i´ve a feeling when i see two versions live (i´ve seen both several times live), and despite they don´t sound similar, in live i see that both songs sounds quite bad and low (matt´s voice don´t sound and dave´s the same) respect the albums versions , they´re huge albums songs but live they lose their force.

What do you think?

I think Supermassive Black hole sounds way better live than on the CD. The CD version sounds a bit boring to me, but live, it just sounds so energetic...

Matthew's vocals have been sounding quite dodgy with SMBH live though, really weak and powerless. I think it's gone a bit better now though.

Matthew's vocals have been sounding quite dodgy with SMBH live though, really weak and powerless. I think it's gone a bit better now though.

Hmm could be, didn't notice that, but I really like the way he plays his guitar parts live, it has a great fuzzy, compressed sound.

Why are you comparing to Precious?? I absoloutely love that song and I've heard the live version... from Venice is it? And I think it sounds great :happy: SMBH isn't Muse's best live song but it's still a hell of a lot of fun, but its a song you can tell will sound different when played live but yeah much prefer the studio version.

Seen them do SMBH live three times now and it really isn't one of their best ones live to my mind; the vocals aren't as how can I say this; sexy and the guitar showing offy bits are a bit unnecessary. Don't get me wrong; I love those bits on other songs, it just seems to me that doing the whole thing louder and heavier; bigger bass and drums cos it's a funky tune would make it better live instead.

At the end of the day; I'd rather listen to the studio version or better still, see the video.....

Why are you comparing to Precious?? I absoloutely love that song and I've heard the live version... from Venice is it? And I think it sounds great :happy: SMBH isn't Muse's best live song but it's still a hell of a lot of fun, but its a song you can tell will sound different when played live but yeah much prefer the studio version.

Because precious is a great album song from depeche the same with SMBH, but both in live are powerless, both voices (Dave anf Matt), don´t sound clear, they sound very low. I know that the songs don´t sound similar musically, but both live songs sound weaker than album version for me, that´s why i compare both songs.

( I´ve seen both live several times).

Archived