Nah they can always play Feeling Good to keep themselves off the ledge of depression - they seem to love that song so goddamn much :LOL:

ahh yes they have an ironic situation in which they have to play their feel good anthem to ward off the depression they get BECAUSE of their feel good anthem.. poor muse :chuckle:

ahh yes they have an ironic situation in which they have to play their feel good anthem to ward off the depression they get BECAUSE of their feel good anthem.. poor muse :chuckle:

They are doomed!

... and by association so are we :LOL:

Someone needs to get matt drunk before a gig so at least we get the radio 3 version :awesome:

i swear teen angst is like the opposite of prog rock?

Yeah, i feel they evolved from one into t'other as they got older. I don't like the current trend - anyway thats just a personal thing.

From what i've seen the shows have been top notch, Matts vocals have been good and muse have been top notch live again. I don't think anyone on this thread disputes this.

Our gripe is either the length of setlist or the fact so little rotation is involved.

So how many of you complaining about the set list were actually at the shows?

I'm sorry you guys are disappointed by the set list. I wasnt! I was at 2 of the gigs and had a fantastic time! I thought the songs played fitted brilliently with the massive stage show they have this time round (or maybe that should be the other way round?! :))

I just think its a shame that some of you are so disappointed when you havent even seen the show yet. I hope it doesnt spoil your enjoyment when you do get to see them. And dont forget, they have only played 3 shows, there might be some changes later down the line!

Y'know, maybe Matt just really enjoys performing feeling good. Maybe it's one of HIS favourites, it wouldn't be really fair to tell him not to play it.

Would explain why he still plays it despite all the hate.

He does love it - and honestly, if he could 'recreate' it like he did with Cave I'm sure it would get a less negative reaction, but we've just heard it over and over and over like a broken record.

I just watched the Taratata video footage of FG with a string section and it was quite lovely. *hint*

Oh Jeepers!

People at the actual gigs need to start being vocal about this too though - OMG especially if they play FG or PIB or Starlight again...:eek:

I'm going on Saturday, if I see a flipping megaphone on that piano :mad:

He does love it - and honestly, if he could 'recreate' it like he did with Cave I'm sure it would get a less negative reaction, but we've just heard it over and over and over like a broken record.

I just watched the Taratata video footage of FG with a string section and it was quite lovely. *hint*

Yeah I do understand everyone elses point of view, but the way everyone is going about it just doesn't seem right. People MAY be paying to see the band perform but they're still human beings and they still have personal preferences.

I'm not against what's going on in this thread, but everyone just seems to be bashing the band like they're some sort of robotic slaves. It WOULD be nice for a change to FG, like at Taratata. But i think people need to try and come to some sort of compromise rather than pretty much demanding the song((s) I would imagine the same would apply for the other songs, because the band isn't just playing them to annoy the fans.) be removed from the bands setlist.

Y'know, maybe Matt just really enjoys performing feeling good. Maybe it's one of HIS favourites, it wouldn't be really fair to tell him not to play it.

Would explain why he still plays it despite all the hate.

As far as I know, it is an ex-girlfriend's favourite song so obviously has sentimental value.

But as I said earlier, I always hated the fact a cover was put on OoS, even at the time. I didn't feel like Muse should be the sort of band to place such a massive emphasis on a cover song as they had plenty of their own good stuff.

I realise it won't be leaving the setlist any time soon but I still have the right to say it bores me to tears.

I don't think I've told you before, but I like how sensible you always are. I agree with most of your whole post, except the 2nd paragraph. I think if there's something we are not happy about, we should try and do something about it. And we try to be nice. It's not like we grabbed our pitchforks. And if they think they don't need to change, then I'd at least like to know why.

1. Eier! Wir brauchen Eier!

2. :LOL:

Sod it! I lost a whole post. Anyway thank you for your nice comment and I accept your second, I was reacting to the fire of this thread. I can't see anything wrong with sending letters if people know where to send them, but I wouldn't want to be represented by a group letter and I'm just not sure that sending twitters in the heat of the moment is a good thing. I know people are arguing with me over that but that's just how I feel.

As to whether you'll get an explanation, I don't know. Matt has said himself in an interview that there's not many old songs they feel comfortable performing any longer and I think we have to accept that. I also think that once bands have got this huge, they have to keep a bit of a distance or they would be hasselled endlessly by people. They have a huge fanbase. But we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't make their views known though, this board serves that purpose to an extent, I just don't think there's any point trying to push them. That's just my opinion, one of many.

Sorry if that didn't flow too well, it never does if it's not spontaneous.

Oh Jeepers!

People at the actual gigs need to start being vocal about this too though - OMG especially if they play FG or PIB or Starlight again...:eek:

I think this is really going a bit too far now from some people. Seriously, bashing PiB? They can't ONLY play random obscure songs. :rolleyes: And a couple days ago most who say these things now would've gone crazy over PiB.

This argument again. :rolleyes:

We would love to be there and yes would enjoy it. Not what we're saying is it. Read the thread properly.

I did read the thread properly. I just said I think its a shame people are disappointed before they have even seen the show. Repeated incase you didnt read my post properly :rolleyes:

ahh i'm off i wonder if this place'll get even more hatey if they do the same setlist tomorow..

Probably.

I'm not as in love with Muse as I was once upon a time but I've seen them quite a number of times spread out since 2001 so yeah...sometimes I really miss the more varied setlists of the past. That's all. There's a reason I don't feel like doing multiple dates like I once did.

I did read the thread properly. I just said I think its a shame people are disappointed before they have even seen the show. Repeated incase you didnt read my post properly :rolleyes:

Touche.

People have seen the setlists though, regardless of whether we were there or not. This is not a criticism of Muses performance, far from it. They've sounded great on youtube.

The setlists are just incredibly stale.

As I said earlier how difficult can it be to rotate Bliss, B&H, Dead Star, CE, MKU - just a couple of different songs each gig.

As far as I know, it is an ex-girlfriend's favourite song so obviously has sentimental value.

But as I said earlier, I always hated the fact a cover was put on OoS, even at the time. I didn't feel like Muse should be the sort of band to place such a massive emphasis on a cover song as they had plenty of their own good stuff.

I realise it won't be leaving the setlist any time soon but I still have the right to say it bores me to tears.

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the song either, but all the twitter spamming N' the way pretty much the entire board has turned tonight isn't right.

It's just sort of bothering me how suddenly everyone is hating on the band for playing stuff they might actually like themselves. From what i can tell they're trying to fit in stuff for the fans(Most of the staples) and stuff they like themselves(The 'overplayed' songs, which everyone hates.). I'm sure if they replaced songs like KoC, SS or PiB with some of these songs everyone is demanding people would be let down too because they didn't play those.

I suppose in doing this they might not be accommodating to the hardcore fans who follow them around and attend multiple shows, but they're trying their best to cater to everyone. The 'hardcore' fans are only a small fraction of the entire audience, at least judging from the people who post on the board. (I would have tickets to more gigs if i wasn't so broke, so I'm not taking sides.)

Archived