I wouldnt claim to understand how the Music biz works in the states but surely if they want to break it their gonna need to head out there and play at least One show in every state?
I think you will find that Muse fans are most likely concentrated heavily on the east coast. I don't think every state is doable in any way.

I wouldnt claim to understand how the Music biz works in the states but surely if they want to break it their gonna need to head out there and play at least One show in every state?

They'd be touring here for a looooooong time if that were the case. Also there's states like Texas and California where they would have to play multiple cities.

What monster have I created? :stunned:

Here's my final word on it though. The major problem I have is the number of songs they'll play for the tour. I fear that it will be a stale set that is being compensated for a flashy stage show. That's all fine and that but you'd need a very extensive back catalogue and a very long set to pull it off (case in point - Nine Inch Nail's flashy Lights In The Sky tour last year, which had similar sets but stretched over two hours with more than 25 songs played that covered their entire back catalogue).

Just compare the three Wembley Arena shows that Muse did in 2006 with a bigger set design (arguably) with the three shows they've just played and you'll see the crux of the problem.

No. If you look at a map of the US, it wouldn't make sense for them to play a gig, in say Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, or Arkansas. They are most likely to play gigs in the coastal states, and then gigs in like Illinois, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada.

Sure it would be good to spread to at least one in every state, but it is highly unlikely that in a state like Montana, they'd sell out a show, or even book a good venue. I've never heard of a big band booking a gig there.

Yeh I know that but If you compare Europe and the States its fairly even ground. Muse'l have to play every state so that 50 gigs from the outset, and then to only play 30 in Europe even though the previous tour had more is a bit annoying

Not to be too picky but no way muse is going to play every state in the US - simply not going to happen ;)

They'll never play Alaska, and probably won't play Hawaii (unless they want the vacation ;) or drop by on their way to asia/australia)

The folks in the midwest outside of tx will probably not get a gig either (states like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas,kansas, nebraska) and neither will states up in the northeast like Maine, Vermont and NH.

They'll favor the southwest and the coasts (NY area and mid-atlantic most likely). Hopefully they'll hit the southeast more than they did on their most recent tour in '07, but they're not likely to do a gig in Mississippi or Alabama any time soon.

I'm hoping for an extensive tour, but realistically, there's only so extensive it's going to be!

EDIT: I see other people have beat me to it :$

Exactly! It's because we care so much.

:yesey::D

more balls is most certainly what muse need.

and is this another oppertunity to post BHaR slump fun tieemes?

3980849259_7d0272f1cb_o.jpg

My love boat died a long time ago.. it revived for like 2 posts :LOL: and dead again!

oh well..

again, muse, disappointed fan is disappointed.

Seeing your join date you may not know it, but there's a history to all this. Some of us have been loyal for ten years... and in return Muse are getting sloppy.

:LOL:[/QUO

Point taken. But new Muse fans are just as vital to a band as established ones... unless they enjoy playing in nightclubs forever.

Not to be too picky but no way muse is going to play every state in the US - simply not going to happen ;)

They'll never play Alaska, and probably won't play Hawaii (unless they want the vacation ;) or drop by on their way to asia/australia)

The folks in the midwest will probably not get a gig either (states like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas,kansas, nebraska) and neither will states up in the northeast like Maine, Vermont and NH.

They'll favor the southwest and the coasts (NY area and mid-atlantic most likely). Hopefully they'll hit the southeast more than they did on their most recent tour in '07, but they're not likely to do a gig in Mississippi or Alabama any time soon.

I'm hoping for an extensive tour, but realistically, there's only so extensive it's going to be!

I know this is off-topic, but lol we pretty much mentioned the same states. The poor ol mid-west :(

Point taken. But new Muse fans are just as vital to a band as established ones... unless they enjoy playing in nightclubs forever.

Of course. But they're only focussing on their new fanbase, that's the thing. Ditching Cave and Unintended for Feeling Good is not the central point, but it is indicative of that particular aspect (and there's many more examples that you'll get when reading Clunge's post on page 2).

Alas...

Thissss please. I think Louisiana is the most likely out of MS, AL, and LA. I'm not getting my hopes up though. :LOL:

Also, they've played Kansas City. I know this because I missed that. Twice. :indiff:

I wasn't really being serious. :p

Maybe not but that doesn't detract from the point that the fans on here are a tiny percentage. Also they have introduced change into their set, they have all the new songs for starters which they haven't been playing for very long and they brought back a jazzy Cave, and they did Popcorn. Blimey a couple of days ago everyone was over the moon over live Overture, but are bored within days, even if they haven't even gone to a gig yet because basically they are following much to closely. I think people just need to take a breather!

I got told off for being emo in a previous post (thanks for that;) ) because I was thinking about how it might feel for them getting loads of angry tweets, but this is a really OTT reaction over one set change! :rolleyes:

i'm a relatively new fan, and i have a mate whos a casual fan who prefers the older stuff.. y'know not all new fans are in love with starlight :LOL: i've never seen 'em live either but from youtube videos it does seem the same songs are popping up far too often.. i dont watch them sometimes just cause i know they'll basically be the same.. have to go a bit further back before you find more interesting stuff..

oh but then you guys are probably right in saying a lot of the new fans got into muse from bhar.. but then with youtube i still managed to be exposed more to their older stuff..

Archived