just to be sure... the fact that Cave was in the set list, and may still be on set list, is not upsetting many people, right? :unsure:

Oh god, Cave! <3 <3 (piano version <3 <3)

Bad puns rock. Shush :ninja:.

:yesey:

I'm kind of worried this could upset the band though.

Don't get me wrong - I would like some variety in the set. But I think the set is pretty good and what I've heard/seen on YouTube looks good.

But I'm worried this could upset the band and if we go too far we could cause a catastrophe. But that could be the pessimist in me talking - it's been a long day for me today...

I'm a bit worried too.Dammit, I wish I wouldn't worry so easily.

I love how discussion continues both here and in the Oslo thread :LOL:

I don't. It's hard enough to keep up with one thread.

Ooh, only 5 pages behind now.

I knew they wouldnt play Alaska/Hawaii so I should of said 48 states, but hey how good would it be if one day they were playing small gigs in the mid regions while hitting up the arena's closer to the coasts?

Edit: I'l get back on topic now :unsure:

:D The middle of this country is big and sparsely populated. Most bands don't hit those states unless they're really huge name bands and can draw a crosssection of people. I don't think a band like Muse would take the time to go there, tbh, unless it was associated with some other tour. They'll probably just do gigs in Colorado, Minnisota, Chicago and a couple in TX, and people in other states will have to get to them. There will be a show in Boston, and that's probably the one people in states like Maine and Vermont will have to go to.... and people in the deep south states will have to go to Atlanta, or TX/FL gigs.... etc.

I'm just hoping they do a better job this time around of hitting the southeast than they did in late '07! :noey:

I know this is off-topic, but lol we pretty much mentioned the same states. The poor ol mid-west :(

:chuckle: it's true, though... sad for them, but that's just how it goes...!

EDIT:

Thissss please. I think Louisiana is the most likely out of MS, AL, and LA. I'm not getting my hopes up though. :LOL:

Also, they've played Kansas City. I know this because I missed that. Twice. :indiff:

awww :(

And yes, I agree - LA would be the most likely of the deep south states :yesey: (they could do a Nawlins gig :D) If not, Houston isn't too terribly far, is it?

So anyway.... sorry for the off topicness :$

ok 122 songs on musewiki

and what was it? 19 different songs they've played so far somebody said?

lolwut?

ROFL lolwut? !!

I'm a Muse-crazed American fan and have been for years and I'm so dissappointed for the people at these last two gigs I could cry.

Watching some of the clips from Hartwall (sp?), I was shocked at the lack of verve from Matt and Chris - are they having any fun at all anymore?? Maybe they were just nervous...

It begs the question: Are they just trying to sell Guitar Hero's (PIB for the millionth time, really?) and Twilight Soundtracks (f'ing Guiding Light, really??) ?

So, we shouldn't tell them what we think?

Not by twitter! No I don't think people should! I think that's harrassment! Outside the time periods they twitter us or at least if its not in response to their twitters. They get feedback from the boards anyway.

And all I'm saying is that that there are lots of fans for them to consider, not just the small percentage on here. Yes they could vary their sets, but they've just brought out an album of new songs! Surely that should be variation enough!

EDIT:

awww :(

And yes, I agree - LA would be the most likely of the deep south states :yesey: (they could do a Nawlins gig :D) If not, Houston isn't too terribly far, is it?

So anyway.... sorry for the off topicness :$

NOLA would be the best choice. The major cities in MS and AL are both about 2-4 hours from here. Also I don't want to drive the 6 hours to Houston lol

Please don't hassle them and send horrible tweets! It's nice that they do twitter, do you want them to stop!? Not to mention the fact that it could be pretty demoralising for them in the middle of their tour. They won't change it now, not much anyway, it's all planned and set up.

I'm going to put my hand up and say that though I can understand long term fans wishing things could be different, I don't agree with sending them letters, tweets anything like that. They will receive feedback anyway. They even read the boards sometimes themselves apparently. If they are already aware and haven't changed, they are going to continue to do it their way anyway. They are not going to be bullied. And have you ever heard of the expression "familiarity breeds contempt" because that's what I'm seeing here. As well as the other chestnut: "negativity breeds negativity". It's really sad.:(

Someone posted this:

Well let some other people have the front rows then! People who have never had that opportunity! Thanks!

And btw the set list was 1.45 not 1.30.

Sorry if I'm being outspoken but, I'm pretty gutted at reading this tbh.

You know what as well, they have considered not carrying on before, please don't encourage them to think in that way.:( Because to be honest if I was them I would be thinking "Fuck you" Sorry but that's what I think.

I don't think I've told you before, but I like how sensible you always are. I agree with most of your whole post, except the 2nd paragraph. I think if there's something we are not happy about, we should try and do something about it. And we try to be nice. It's not like we grabbed our pitchforks. And if they think they don't need to change, then I'd at least like to know why.

more balls is most certainly what muse need.

and is this another oppertunity to post BHaR slump fun tieemes?

3980849259_7d0272f1cb_o.jpg

1. Eier! Wir brauchen Eier!

2. :LOL:

NOLA would be the best choice. The major cities in MS and AL are both about 2-4 hours from here. Also I don't want to drive the 6 hours to Houston lol

:D I understand :yesey:

I thought Houston was closer :unsure: more like 4hrs.... 6hrs is very far.... far enough that it justifies having a gigs in both places :awesome: I'm sure the guys would enjoy the city :yesey:

Also, I'd rather this be a generic thread about everything tour related for people that are observing gigs rather than going to them than just whining. :LOL: That's partly why it was made.

I don't want this thread to be the sexy plane, though :noey: I think the sexy plane needs to stay in the individual gig threads then come in here for more generic conversation on the tour in general :yesey:

Also, I'd rather this be a generic thread about everything tour related for people that are observing gigs rather than going to them than just whining. :LOL: That's partly why it was made.

'Bit' too late for that :LOL:

This thread feels like the long depressing moans that fill up the Depeche Mode boards. :LOL::facepalm:

Let's face it guys and gals - given the setlists of the first 3 dates, our prog rock band have become the twilight teenie band.

Or at least IMO, are catering for them waaaaaaaaaay more than I'd like.

Muse were never prog rock in the first place.

Oh my, I just poped in to c if it was really being complaints and nothing else, and appart from a few comments about upcoming gigs in EU & US it is only that :eek:

:noey: I really don't understand u people, why all this? is there a any need for it?

:stunned:

Just read the post that Clunge made on page 3 and then come back and see that. :erm:

Oh my, I just poped in to c if it was really being complaints and nothing else, and appart from a few comments about upcoming gigs in EU & US it is only that :eek:

:noey: I really don't understand u people, why all this? is there a any need for it?

because after 3 years of having insanely boring and similar setlists people are starting to get a bit fed up ? :LOL:

Maybe not but that doesn't detract from the point that the fans on here are a tiny percentage. Also they have introduced change into their set, they have all the new songs for starters which they haven't been playing for very long and they brought back a jazzy Cave, and they did Popcorn. Blimey a couple of days ago everyone was over the moon over live Overture, but are bored within days, even if they haven't even gone to a gig yet because basically they are following much to closely. I think people just need to take a breather!

I got told off for being emo in a previous post (thanks for that;) ) because I was thinking about how it might feel for them getting loads of angry tweets, but this is a really OTT reaction over one set change! :rolleyes:

Actually Popcorn hasn't been played at any of The Resistance gigs so far and they dropped Cave tonight for the overplayed Feeling Good.

Yes we were over the moon about Overture but that was one song out of 18 the rest is what has been played over and over!

Not by twitter! No I don't think people should! I think that's harrassment! Outside the time periods they twitter us or at least if its not in response to their twitters. They get feedback from the boards anyway.

And all I'm saying is that that there are lots of fans for them to consider, not just the small percentage on here. Yes they could vary their sets, but they've just brought out an album of new songs! Surely that should be variation enough!

Please do you know the definition of harassment? We are all entitled to our opinion and the band should hear the praises but also when they are dropping the ball: it's called constructive feedback (I don't agree with abusive tweets tho). They are big boys and they are human and they are not perfect. It's often when surrounded by people who tell bands that they can do no wrong and are holier than holy water that they become complacent. Muse is by far my favourite band but I am not as blind as to think that they are perfect and always right.

There is no problem with the new songs (apart from the fact that MK Ultra and IBTY are missing) but with the rest of the setlist which are the same predictable radioplay singles. I was at both Teignmouth gigs and if I get tonight setlist on Sunday the only new songs I'm gonna hear are Overture and GL.

I was at Franz Ferdinand 2 weeks ago in Manchester and this weekend in Brixton and with less album they managed a brilliant mix of older songs whilst promoting the songs from the new album so it's not like we are asking them for the impossible.

the band get bloody thousands of tweets praising them i'm sure, compared with a couple from us y'know its not exactly gonna push muse into the depths of depression :chuckle:

Nah they can always play Feeling Good to keep themselves off the ledge of depression - they seem to love that song so goddamn much :LOL:

Archived