:facepalm:

:stunned:

:pope:

What? If you disagree with my opinion, then you should argument something...

And I was saying popish to Starlight, specifically. I know that many people agrees with me, because Starlight just sucks and has nothing to do with Muse.

They're missing a trick with New Born anyways.

Matt should play the intro on the piano as usual then stroll over to his tower, stand on it and rise up into the air as he builds up the feedback and distortion prior to the riff and then play the rest of the song up on the tower.

Cool as fuck that would be :cool:.

As for Muse as a live band, well, The Raconteurs tore them to shreds when I saw them at the Eden Project.

That would be awesome. In my head, Matt not playing New Born intro doesn't make any sense.

let's break stuff.

it's just one of those days

when you don't wanna wake up

every song is fucked

every setlist sucks

we don't really know why

but want to justify

playing feeling good

no fan contact

and if you don't interact

your gigs are on contract

your best bet is to make our day motherfuckers

or we'll stay away

What? If you disagree with my opinion, then you should argument something...

And I was saying popish to Starlight, specifically. I know that many people agrees with me, because Starlight just sucks and has nothing to do with Muse.

That would be awesome. In my head, Matt not playing New Born intro doesn't make any sense.

Sorry, just kidding around. You argued your point very well actually, it's just a bit harsh to say someone's not a true fan.

it's just one of those days

when you don't wanna wake up

every song is fucked

every setlist sucks

we don't really know why

but want to justify

playing feeling good

no fan contact

and if you don't interact

your gigs are on contract

your best bet is to make our day motherfuckers

or we'll stay away

Should be RT'd. Lol.

Well, lets hope they got the tweets (Even though we were tweeting them at like 3 in the morning) and switch it up today, or in the next few shows :) Otherwise just keep sending them well (and nicely) worded tweets during the day (where they are) so that we have a chance of them seeing our tweets.

Does kirkbot read the forums? or just post news?

I like starlight :ninja:

Well, lets hope they got the tweets (Even though we were tweeting them at like 3 in the morning) and switch it up today, or in the next few shows :) Otherwise just keep sending them well (and nicely) worded tweets during the day (where they are) so that we have a chance of them seeing our tweets.

Does kirkbot read the forums? or just post news?

I would say someone reads them. Maybe not the band themselves - but someone probably looks at whats going on. I would like to think what we are saying is passed on, even if it's not what they would like to hear.

We should maybe start retweeting again seeing as we are at a more sociable hour?

I cannot believe the setlists they've played so far, almost taking the piss. I'm that gutted I've sold my Liverpool tickets :( I'd probably sell my O2 ones too but train/hotel is booked.

I hope they change for future gigs, but thats hardly fair for the fans who've already seen them and spent good money and only got a 17/18 song mediocre setlist.

Epic post at the start there Clunge, well said.

It is bloody sad, that move from piano to centre and his cocking about on the x-y pad is part of what makes it such a good live song. I'm guessing they've done it so the music can tie in better with visuals. Cocks.

To be honest as much as I love New Born, it hasn't been so good for a few years since they started playing it slower.

Im wondering if we will even get a response.. :rolleyes:

He'll probably pen a new song for the O2 entitled 'the gheyness of man' and dedicate it to the board.

Now now, let's play nice. :)

Even Guillemots put on a better live show, purely because of the amount of effort and passion Fyfe Dangerfield puts into his shows. Sometimes with Muse it's as if they're just going through the motions on a stage.

Well is his from Brum. :awesome:

This is far from my dream setlist but based on the current one this should be an (realistic) improvement:

01. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)

02. Uprising

03. Resistance

04. New Born

05. Map of the Problematique

06. Supermassive Black Hole

07. Showbiz

08. Interlude + Hysteria

09. United States of Eurasia

10. Cave

11. Bliss

12. Undisclosed Desires

13. Assassin

14. Starlight

15. Plug In Baby

16. Unnatural Selection

17. Megalomania

18. Stockholm Syndrome

19. Citizen Erased

20. Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Can't be too much to ask for. I really hope they'll do something about it.

Muse should have a lesson in setlist creation from QOTSA - they deliberately never play the same setlist twice, there'll always be tweaks, often major. They get bored playing the same songs every night, and know the fans would too. They also know plenty of fans follow them around attending numerous gigs, so they mix it for them. AND they're not afraid to not play their "hits".

This is far from my dream setlist but based on the current one this should be an (realistic) improvement:

01. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)

02. Uprising

03. Resistance

04. New Born

05. Map of the Problematique

06. Supermassive Black Hole

07. Showbiz

08. Interlude + Hysteria

09. United States of Eurasia

10. Cave

11. Bliss

12. Undisclosed Desires

13. Assassin

14. Starlight

15. Plug In Baby

16. Unnatural Selection

17. Megalomania

18. Stockholm Syndrome

19. Citizen Erased

20. Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Can't be too much to ask for. I really hope they'll do something about it.

That, is not too much to ask for. I actually like that.

Muse should have a lesson in setlist creation from QOTSA - they deliberately never play the same setlist twice, there'll always be tweaks, often major. They get bored playing the same songs every night, and know the fans would too. They also know plenty of fans follow them around attending numerous gigs, so they mix it for them. AND they're not afraid to not play their "hits".

Yup, QOTSA, Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Dream Theater, Ash, Bloc Party, hell even COLDPLAY mix it up on a nightly basis :(.

It's not even so much that the setlist itself sucked so much at any of the first 3 gigs, because standalone they were totally fine. Infact having scanned a few vids of each on the net it seems there is a lot more energy performing songs which people say Muse have look bored of playing.

It's the fact that 1 or 2 spots in the setlist aren't even rotated between some classic songs differently at each gig.

Nobody expects the likes of Sober, Filip or Map of your head to make an appearance but where are Dead Star, Fury, Butterflies, Bliss, CE ? They may not be ready to play MK Ultra yet so fair play we'll find out at the end of the tour on that score.

I have minor gripes about the Uprising outro missing & the New Born intro and the overall length of the setlists. I have to say Muses 2009 performance on this tour has been excellent - a lot better than much of the BH&R tour.

Please don't get the impression those of us that are unhappy are not satisfied with the performance or the amount of effort and time the guys put in.

We're just scared Muse are going to become stale and lazy if they carry on with these setlists.

Something like this as a standard would be fine (just to show how little extra we're asking for!)

We Are The Universe + Uprising

Resistance

New Born

Map Of The Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Guiding Light

Interlude + Hysteria

Butterflies & Hurricanes/Citizen Erased

United States Of Eurasia

*A Piano Song*

*A Jam* + Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Unnatural Selection

-----

Exogenesis, Pt.1: Overture

MK Ultra

Stockholm Syndrome

-----

*A Song (i.e. Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Bliss, etc)*

Knights Of Cydonia

15 songs + 3 song encore + 2 song encore and a bit of variety. Would be a piece of cake to rotate a few songs in and out of that!

Something like this as a standard would be fine (just to show how little extra we're asking for!)

We Are The Universe + Uprising

Resistance

New Born

Map Of The Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Guiding Light

Interlude + Hysteria

Butterflies & Hurricanes/Citizen Erased

United States Of Eurasia

*A Piano Song*

*A Jam* + Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Unnatural Selection

-----

Exogenesis, Pt.1: Overture

MK Ultra

Stockholm Syndrome

-----

*A Song (i.e. Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Bliss, etc)*

Knights Of Cydonia

15 songs + 3 song encore + 2 song encore and a bit of variety. Would be a piece of cake to rotate a few songs in and out of that!

I agree. It's not like we are asking for much...just a change up of a few songs. It's not exactly something that would take a lot of time/prep etc.

Archived