Things You've PIcked Up

Twonkie

Yeah, but note that he pronounces it wrongly in that YT vid, putting in all the wrong letters!;)

That being said, I doubt the pronunciation under this link is actually right. Could a pwoper Brit comment on that?:)

So yeah, apart from that: cheers and proper. Living in the UK atm, so it's a daily business, really:LOL:

Or is

the correct pronunciation?

I've started saying 'cheers' far too much, and other little habits that the musers on here use (like pronouncing 'awesome' as 'ossum').

People around me haven't a clue as to where I get it all from. It gets tiresome trying to explain myself...

Well I say cheers, easy tiger, pwoper, sit the fuck down (one of my favourites), floccinaucinihilipilification (I try to fit that one in occasionally). I now sometimes speak faster, and I even find that some particular words I say like how Matt would say them, and I have to pause and say it again while concentrating to say it how I used to.

• 1 month later...

I can say the alphabet backwards as fast as Matt (possibly faster :) ), and I can say floccinaucinihilipilification (or however you spell it :stunned:)

I've picked up 'cheers' quite a bit & I'm definitely using "phwoar" a lot :LOL:

I've also used "lost the plot" a fair few times

:musesign:

And Ive picked up matts funny laugh quite a bit, as well.

I used to move my arms and make random faces before get into muse :chuckle:, but i think they get worst.

I have the belly laugh (and i used to have it before anyway :$) :LOL:, and i say cheers when i can :awesome:

i cant say cheers cuz on bosnian it sound like something that my dad says....and it sounds bad.... :(

I wonder how many people have read 1984 who normally wouldn't? I just got a copy from the library, but haven't started it yet.

I'm halfway through it now, I was always interested in reading it, but after the release of The Resistance it pushed me to actually getting hold of a copy. Good stuff too, not as hard reading as I was told it may be. :happy:

Of course! I say cheers and bollocks all the time. And I can't say 'proper' anymore, it has to be 'pwopah' :p. There are shitloads of expressions that, if you devote as much time to this band as a loser like me does, you'll just subconsciously start saying! I even quote song lyrics without realising :LOL::facepalm:! (I shouldn't have admitted to that!) I'm even kinda developing a high-pitched Matt-like laugh these days ... but nowhere near as hysterical as the man himself! :p

Of course! I say cheers and bollocks all the time. And I can't say 'proper' anymore, it has to be 'pwopah' :p. There are shitloads of expressions that, if you devote as much time to this band as a loser like me does, you'll just subconsciously start saying! I even quote song lyrics without realising :LOL::facepalm:! (I shouldn't have admitted to that!) I'm even kinda developing a high-pitched Matt-like laugh these days ... but nowhere near as hysterical as the man himself! :p

:eek::LOL::LOL:

Archived