Things You've PIcked Up

Twonkie

I was just wondering if it's just me that seems to do this.

I've randomly started picking up stuff from the Muse lads like phrases etc. I've found myself going 'Phwoar', and 'Easy!' on a regular basis now and I wanted to know what other people have picked up and started using/doing in everyday life.

x

ive always been picked on by my friends for talking too fast and flailing my hands about when i talk about something that makes me really excited.

good thing they havent seen that many museinterviews, or they would definately let me hear about it! :LOL:

but lately ive had to stop myself from saying things like pwoper,cheers and oi! several times :facepalm:

and when i worked on some new lyrics last night, i just went :chuckle: when i realised that id written 'ive lost the plot!' in an important part of it ;) it suited what i was trying to say, of course, but still it just left me thinking about muse.

but mostly ive just been more aware of those tiny little habbits that you never think about, until you see someone mirroring them in front of you :) (like that 'fast' talking.seriously, i dont get how matt is such a fast talker! it sounds perfectly normal to me:stunned: )

Sounds perfectly normal to me!

I have a lecturer who talks just as fast and I'm the only person in my class who can actually keep up with him whilst taking notes!

I was wondering who was going to put 'Cheers' first but I've always said that. It's sort of a normal thing where I live.

I'm spanish, and in my english class, when the teacher makes me read stuff with "proper" and words with "r", i always say "pwoper" :LOL:and my teacher (she's native) is like:wtf: and says me: i've listened spanish people trying to pronunce in english and failing, but you have very special pronunciation :rolleyes:

Listening too much interviews makes me mispronunce english :LOL:

I can now say the alphabet backwards. :$

Not as good as Matt though, obviously.

oh I can say it quicker than Matt... I can say it quicker backwards than I can forwards... FAIL. :facepalm:

I actually now swear in Italian. Luckily no one knows what I'm saying :rolleyes:

Oh and I can also say that 'Flo...' okay can't spell it but the long word Matt says. :LOL:

Really? I do that too sometimes...

I CAN SAY FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION AND SPELL IT ALL TOO! :awesome:

In form time the other day, instead of being 26 of us, there was 10 :LOL: So I decided to do hangman on the board and my word was floccinaucinihilipilification... you should have seen everyone's faces

Said cheers the other day to someone I had insulted.

They were asking who told them to shut up and I was like "Cheers" and they didn't get it. :awesome:

that is just too cool:cool:

i make quick speaking little speeches more often including the abbreviation 'y'know' a ridiculous amount of times :LOL:

and i think i have a tiny rhotacism but that's probably just me :chuckle:

damn you youtube and your big ass collection of muse interviews loll

omg and i've got one of my friends saying 'easy tiger' with me :awesome: she has no idea where its from ahehe

ahaha I can see I'm not the only one that talks really fast (and everyone askes me to repeat again since no one got it) and move the hands while talking and such like matt! :awesome: (and yeah, I do this chince child, so, not muse influenced!) oh yeah, and I'm very expressive since I can remember (like matt too). Everyone thinks I'm a weirdo :LOL:

yeah, sometimes I say cheers and sit the fuck down and other kinds of muse-y stuff without realizing :chuckle:

hahaha i do it alll the time :D

i'v always used my hands a lot when i talk (everyone keeps trying to make me stop, doesnt work :p)

but ive noticed that since being into muse i've picked up a lot of this stuff...

like i occasionally start talking really really fast, especially after watching a bunch of muse vids...

and you know how matt has that really round about way of talking, where he talks all this crap and goes round and round and never gets to the real point? ... i know do that too :$ its funny, it really annoys people :chuckle:

and sometimes i start laughing like him :LOL: i love it

plus i say/spell floccinaucinihilipilification all the time, and adopted a lot of other Bellamy words (jaded, y'know etc.)

ill say cheers, pwoper, y'know what i mean, easy tiger, all that stuff without even thinking about it :happy:

recently ive started saying "lost the plot... lost the fucking plot!" all the time... and of course "SIT THE FUCK DOWWWWNNNN!"

the other day i walked into a classroom and saw my friends then yelled out "BONSWAHH PARIS!" (bonsoir paris from hullaballo ;))

im sure there's others, i picked up so much from them :LOL: gotta love it :D

yeah I do all these things as well. Kind of funny how floccinoccinihilipilification is a "thing" here as I have always liked this word as I learned it when I was... 11 for this random spelling thing and always remembered it.

I'm always saying pwopah and of course I felt the need to learn the alphabet backwards. Good times!

And I never used to say cheers but I tend to say it more now. XD

I actually now swear in Italian. Luckily no one knows what I'm saying :rolleyes:

Oh and I can also say that 'Flo...' okay can't spell it but the long word Matt says. :LOL:

Yeah, but note that he pronounces it wrongly in that YT vid, putting in all the wrong letters!;)

That being said, I doubt the pronunciation under this link is actually right. Could a pwoper Brit comment on that?:)

So yeah, apart from that: cheers and proper. Living in the UK atm, so it's a daily business, really:LOL:

Archived