Anxyous

My only problem with Showbiz's vocals is how much Matt is straining to hit the notes, I find it almost painful to listen to. That could just be me though.

I think that's the point though. Vocals aren't always about giving the perfect performance, and I think the way he screams in songs like Showbiz and Falling Down just adds to the emotion of the song. Showbiz is one of the few songs on that album where the emotional vocals doesn't feel corny or fake.

I think that's the point though. Vocals aren't always about giving the perfect performance, and I think the way he screams in songs like Showbiz and Falling Down just adds to the emotion of the song. Showbiz is one of the few songs on that album where the emotional vocals doesn't feel corny or fake.

Yeah I can see what you mean, I suppose it just feels like it pierces my ears too much, that could be down to my headphones or production though.

Also, one of the few? Which would you say feel fake on Showbiz?

Such a shame, everything sounds great up until that last chorus :LOL:

It's sounds a bit funny but I like it :D

As for the Showbiz sounding emotional thing, I agree. He really can sing it with pure emotion without sounding silly. Hyper Chondriac Music pops up in my mind now.

Soaked is up there with the very best I think. I still wish that had been properly released...at least as a download. Could've fit on one of the singles for The Resistance perfectly - maybe instead of Prague.

Some great piano to be found there too, honestly don't know why it doesn't get more love.

The early performances of Exo-Politics have some really great vocals, especially in the pre-choruses.

I think that's when his best use of vocal distortion was - around the early BHAR era, 2005/2006.

i agree with you to an extent, but it was a bit too much on some songs during those 2005 US gigs, but it fitted great to Assassin and Exo-Politics at the time.

Sing for Absolution, the ending without a doubt is just amazing.

The last choruses of Sunburn and Darkshines I also love, you can hear much more effort going into them than the previous choruses.

Exogenesis is just brilliant, highlights Matt's vocal abilities in so many different ways.

Archived