Muse peaked at Absolution?

Novus Dies

so u don't agree that Exogenesis is one of their best works? or best ever? cuz that means they ARE at their peak or still at it....

No. Exogenesis is good, but my favourite Muse songs are New Born and Stockholm Syndrome. Therefore to me, Muse were at their best 2001-2004

No. Exogenesis is good, but my favourite Muse songs are New Born and Stockholm Syndrome. Therefore to me, Muse were at their best 2001-2004

Those are my top 2 favorites too! :happy: I think they're on the way back up. Many people seem to think TR is almost back up on par with OoS, so who knows, the next album may be even better. If Matt gets some experimental, movie-music composing out of his system in the next couple of years, maybe the next release will be more straight-forward pwoper rock 'n' roll.

however, there is a difference in your favorite and their best. i don't listen to Exogenesis very much but i still think it probably is their best work and New Born and SS are some of my favorites as well....

however, there is a difference in your favorite and their best. i don't listen to Exogenesis very much but i still think it probably is their best work and New Born and SS are some of my favorites as well....

Putting it in other words, Exogenesis is their most AMBITIOUS work, I mean...writting a symphony in this day and age? Who would do that?!

I predict that there is going to be a new fad in the music industry where all the artists (by all I mean ALL! Kanye West, the Jonas Brothers and other crappy musicians) are going to write symphonies and stuff!

Well, they are weak....City of Delusion, now THAT is how strings should be arranged :yesey: really complement the music rather than just filler instruments.

Sorry I don't agree. There is no comparison between City of Delusion and Exogenesis. In City of Delusion the strings are fast paced and simply add an additional ditty to an already complex piece. In Exogenesis they are soaring, peaceful, dark and contemplative complementing Matt's vocals and the piano pieces and adding emotional power to the piece. Music doesn't have to be urgent and racy to have emotional power.

Archived