So???  

1,032 members have voted

1. 1. So???

• Cool
    • Oh dear!
    • It'll grow on me
    • Muse just killed themselves

I'm just curious, are the majority of people that really like this (30 second clip of the) song female? It just seems like I've seen a lot of people saying they love the song and then going on to tell everyone what they imagine Matt doing to them while the song is playing. At least, from my experience, girls/women tend to enjoy the more poppy or R&B-type of music out there (read: music they can dance to) than guys do. I for one do not like the clip at all, definitely my least favorite and I could see myself always skipping this track. I realize there are exceptions to every rule and I'm not saying that you have to be female to enjoy this song (and others like it), I just wanted to say what I thought and see what everyone else thought of this.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm done now. :p

The only person I've seen do that is a guy actually!

I think its just because it's so unusual for Muse that there is a fascination with it, though I suppose the apparent suggestiveness is going to make it more fascinating. But basically It just sounds like a great song.

I think Uprising is more of a song to dance too. Even the guys in Muse couldn't stop themselves!:LOL:

You and me, baby, ain't nothing but mammals

So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel!

Did the chorus remind anyone else of that? xD

Do it again now!! :rolleyes:

I HATES IT!!! I think it should die in dark corner, next to SMBH.

Why Matthew, why must it be R n'B? The most shallow and superficial kind of music, save gangsta' rap!!

I don't want to dance!!! I can'r dance.

I want to jump at solo's, riffs and amazing vocals. Not dance.

Although I'm happy this will be the only bad song on the album..

I think an equal amount of guys and girls like this song. My boyfriend who's all about Tool, RATM, A Perfect Circle, etc. listened to the first 30 seconds and even admitted he was liking it so far. It might just be one of those songs that a lot of people can relate to and feel connected to in some way.

But of course, we're basing this all off of 30 seconds :LOL: but I highly doubt the song will make a complete 180 and just make us all go WTF. I seriously can't wait to hear it in its entirety.

edit: and is Chris the only one playing an actual instrument in this song? Because we know Matt's not using a guitar, and instead of Dom playing the drums they're using a drum machine...right?

I love the sound of Undisclosed Desires! It's different to their normal rock genre of music. I'm pleased their experimenting! From the 30 second clip, I think it's the best song on the album! Thanks for the new album Muse - you rock!!

and is Chris the only one playing an actual instrument in this song? Because we know Matt's not using a guitar, and instead of Dom playing the drums they're using a drum machine...right?

Possibly. But I think they might recreate it differently for live performances. Matt may play the synth parts, or add guitar to it, and Dom might play real drums. Just a thought.

Why Matthew, why must it be R n'B? The most shallow and superficial kind of music, save gangsta' rap!!

Don't judge a type of music just because you don't understand it. If you listened to more older Rhythm and Blues you'd maybe see that it's more complex than you'd care to admit. It's got a lot of roots in jazz with more complicated chord progressions and as far as gangsta rap goes, a lot of late 80's/ early 90's gangsta rap is 10x more profound in lyrical content than today's music. It talked a lot about important social issues and struggles.

I understand why you might be frustrated at not having heard any 'cool riffs' or anything (trust me I LOVE those), but it really bugs me when people attempt to judge an entire genre of music without really knowing its background or simply assuming it's shallow.

(Awaits eye-rolling smilies) :LOL:

I still don't like the first part of the clip, but at least it doesn't make me feel nauseous anymore (much). Hopefully that means it will grow on me. I do like the Depeche Mode-y part, probably because I was an '80s new wave kid. It's kind of nice seeing those influences in current music.

For the record, I <3 SMBH, and UD seems nothing like that to me.

i have fallen in love with the chorus in this song

dont listen to alot of 80s depeche mode bands, but to me it reminds me of new bloc party stuff, like flux. :D :D :D :D :D :D

edit, the verse could have been alot better. maybe if it were sped up it could be really commercially successful. but the chorus i love, and i think the video will be awesome, (if its a single) im thinking quite roboty with sweeping camera shots and a style which would remind us of the artwork theme for BH&R..

I'm really loving the slap bass...

I'm thinking, that the:

Please me,

Show me how it's done

Trust me,

You are the one

is a pre-chorus bit, like the "I won't let you" bits on TIRO, so we haven't heard a verse yet...

I reckon, it'll flow more smooth than the pre-chorus bit, then changing to the sort of broken pre-chorus bit, before flowing again in the chorus.

I'm probably completely off :p

god I hope this song will be better than those 30 clip... I hope :supersad:

because right now, it makes me sick.. not joking :eek: but I do love the slap bass in it :D

I don't like Depeche mode, and it reminds me of it, and other bands I don't like, but... MoP, depeche mode sound on some parts and I love MoP. Let's just wait and see ^.^

but yeah.... matt not using instruments... eesh, I hope they won't play it live in portugal please... we need room for other wondrful song xD

because right now, it makes me sick.. not joking

I know... I'm sick... Sick and bloody tired of all this cobblers ;)

It will be released as a single.

It will knock the Black Eyed Peas off the Number 1 spot, and stay at number 1 longer then that song by Bryan Adams 'Everything i do, i do it for you.' and all your mates who don't like Muse will love it.

It will be used in a Twilight film, and the Jonas Brothers will do a cover of it on 'Dancing with the stars'

It will be used in a commercial for panty pads, and you will see it while your watching TV with your parents.

I'm letting you down gently here people........... P.S. Anyway i love it:LOL: Come on Muse!!!

I know... I'm sick... Sick and bloody tired of all this cobblers ;)

It will be released as a single.

It will knock the Black Eyed Peas off the Number 1 spot, and stay at number 1 longer then that song by Bryan Adams 'Everything i do, i do it for you.' and all your mates who don't like Muse will love it.

It will be used in a Twilight film, and the Jonas Brothers will do a cover of it on 'Dancing with the stars'

It will be used in a commercial for panty pads, and you will see it while sitting down watching TV with your parents.

I'm letting you down gently here people........... P.S. Anyway love it:LOL: Come on Muse!!!

:LOL:

well, I'm waiting to listen to it on the album, and I must say, can't wait to lsiten to it, even if those 30 sec gives me vomits XD

:LOL:

well, I'm waiting to listen to it on the album, and I must say, can't wait to lsiten to it, even if those 30 sec gives me vomits XD

If we all liked the same thing, the world would be a boring place...... Just imagine Coldplay at number one for eternity... Shit. That's happening now!:mad:

Anyway from what i've heard from the 30's preview... It don't make me vomit:vomit:

;)

Don't judge a type of music just because you don't understand it. If you listened to more older Rhythm and Blues you'd maybe see that it's more complex than you'd care to admit. It's got a lot of roots in jazz with more complicated chord progressions and as far as gangsta rap goes, a lot of late 80's/ early 90's gangsta rap is 10x more profound in lyrical content than today's music. It talked a lot about important social issues and struggles.

I understand why you might be frustrated at not having heard any 'cool riffs' or anything (trust me I LOVE those), but it really bugs me when people attempt to judge an entire genre of music without really knowing its background or simply assuming it's shallow.

(Awaits eye-rolling smilies) :LOL:

Sorry I meant to say contemporary R n' B and contemporary Gangsta rap...:$

The kind of music which is all about booty, bling bling, bitches and pimps. :mad:

And yeah I'm frustrated they are getting away from the sound I love (yeah it's egoistic of me, I know). I just want major riffage. :rolleyes:

Although I have to say I can't judge them too harsly because I've only heard fragments of the album. Who knows, maybe the riffs are secretly put away at the end of the song...:p

Archived