So???  

1,032 members have voted

1. 1. So???

• Cool
    • Oh dear!
    • It'll grow on me
    • Muse just killed themselves

In the clip for Undisclosed Desires that's up on muse.mu, does anyone know what he says after "beauty's"?

EDIT: I think it's "not just". Does anyone agree?

EDIT 2: It looks like someone's already added it to musewiki..

Yeah, "your beauty is not just..."

I'm still not sure whether in the previous line it's "violence in your heart" or "values in your heart" as "values" seems to fit better with this line, though "violence" with "I want to exorcise the demons in your soul" which still perplexes me and still makes me crease up!:LOL:

I don't know how anyone could think "R&B" right off the bat.

My initial thought was it was very Depeche Mode inspired. It's so 80's and more New Wave then anything. Forget "R&B"...this is so much more dynamic.

It's cool and sexy and I love it. :happy:

In the clip for Undisclosed Desires that's up on muse.mu, does anyone know what he says after "beauty's"?

EDIT: I think it's "not just". Does anyone agree?

EDIT 2: It looks like someone's already added it to musewiki..

I reckon it's;-

"I want to reconcile the violence in your heart, I want to recognise your beauty in the dark"

My initial thought was it was very Depeche Mode inspired. It's so 80's and more New Wave then anything. Forget "R&B"...this is so much more dynamic.

If you've ever heard a clip produced by Timbaland you would have noticed the vague similarity.

And what music does Timbaland produce/make? RIGHT! R 'n B...

Depeche Mode... Can't hear it really... What song of DM does sound like UD?

(This is not retoric, i want to know actually)

Yea, but it's more RNB

If you've ever heard a clip produced by Timbaland you would have noticed the vague similarity.

And what music does Timbaland produce/make? RIGHT! R 'n B...

Depeche Mode... Can't hear it really... What song of DM does sound like UD?

(This is not retoric, i want to know actually)

I don't know if you are talking about the beat or Matt's vocal hitches at the beginning. I've listened to Timbaland produced tracks and I still don't see any glaring similarities. If you mean R&B in reference to Prince or Micheal Jackson then yes, the first few verses definitely have that type of R&B/Pop quality.

As for the Depeche Mode comparison, Undisclosed Desires (so far) sounds similar to any track off of Violator really. The vocoder-enhanced vocals in the chorus sound almost identical to a young Dave Gahan.

Even the drum beat which many seem to be attributing to Timbaland sounds similar to Depeche Mode. It's like MoTP v2 and I love it. :D

Yea, but it's more RNB

I disagree.

'Beauty is not just...' is what I'm hearing :)

The guitar isn't front-and-center on this hard-edged, '80s-sounding number that recalls Depeche Mode during their Music For The Masses period. Multi-tracked chorus vocals ring out "I want to reconcile the violence in your heart/I want to recognize your beauty's not a mask." It's the album's weakest cut so far, but things pick up in short order.

From: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/muses-the-resistance-reviewed-218009/2

It's "Beauty's not a mask"

I heard it and the vocals before the chorus made me squirm by how terrible they sounded lol.

Like anything Muse does I will eventually start to like it but ... it's like really awful lol. Like, at this point it just makes me laugh. Matt's trying to be really like...groovey and funky with his voice and it just doesnt work out at all.

I don't know if you are talking about the beat or Matt's vocal hitches at the beginning. I've listened to Timbaland produced tracks and I still don't see any glaring similarities. If you mean R&B in reference to Prince or Micheal Jackson then yes, the first few verses definitely have that type of R&B/Pop quality.

As for the Depeche Mode comparison, Undisclosed Desires (so far) sounds similar to any track off of Violator really. The vocoder-enhanced vocals in the chorus sound almost identical to a young Dave Gahan.

Even the drum beat which many seem to be attributing to Timbaland sounds similar to Depeche Mode. It's like MoTP v2 and I love it. :D

I disagree.

Mmm. I guess I can hear it now. I like Depeche Mode, so maybe if I hear the whole song it may still become a favourite of mine. It depends on how you listen to it... I still don't like the lyrics though...

I think its cool, I like it...very different to any other song they have done, but it still sounds like Muse and I really do like it...from the 30 sec taster ive had of it anyway...

+1.. it's soooo un-Muse, and yet somehow Musey! :happy: It's definitely unique for them, and I like what I've heard so far. Muse+experimentation is usually :awesome:!

Archived