So???  

1,032 members have voted

1. 1. So???

• Cool
    • Oh dear!
    • It'll grow on me
    • Muse just killed themselves

Mmmm I'm not sure about that! Getting some pretty gross images in my head now! :LOL:

What I came on to say though is out of all of the new songs this is the one that is sticking in my head. I just can't quite get over it!

I thought they just went Pet Shop Boys

Right I have my Pet Shop Boys CDs out now - I'm going to try and find it - its not the voice of course, that's Matt/Depeche Mode I think but there something about the instrumental. Or maybe it is Depeche Mode I'm thinking of, I'm not too familiar with them but I was around when they were at their height. I feel like I've heard it before.

I think it's Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode that it reminds me of most but the initial vocals remind me of something too - it's bugging me but I'm not going to be able to get it. Maybe it's just such a convincing take on the genre that I'm imaging I've heard it before. Might as well just enjoy it!:D

BTW I voted "cool". I love it!:D

Matt's vocal hitches are very MJ-like (if not as extreme as his) and the cloying delivery on "you are the one" and "...values in your heart" reminded me of the Wham! spoof that was Hugh Grant's shtick in the movie Music & Lyrics. Not necessarily in a sound-alike way, but a similarity in mood or tone.

The slap bass was great, but the bouncy synth bits sounded too on-the-nose, cringe-inducingly early-mid '80's for my taste.

I rated it as a grower, but I wonder if that was too generous.

Matt's vocal hitches are very MJ-like (if not as extreme as his) and the cloying delivery on "you are the one" and "...values in your heart" reminded me of the Wham! spoof that was Hugh Grant's shtick in the movie Music & Lyrics. Not necessarily in a sound-alike way, but a similarity in mood or tone.

The slap bass was great, but the bouncy synth bits sounded too on-the-nose, cringe-inducingly early-mid '80's for my taste.

I rated it as a grower, but I wonder if that was too generous.

um....

I think it's fun.

I'm just curious, are the majority of people that really like this (30 second clip of the) song female? It just seems like I've seen a lot of people saying they love the song and then going on to tell everyone what they imagine Matt doing to them while the song is playing. At least, from my experience, girls/women tend to enjoy the more poppy or R&B-type of music out there (read: music they can dance to) than guys do. I for one do not like the clip at all, definitely my least favorite and I could see myself always skipping this track. I realize there are exceptions to every rule and I'm not saying that you have to be female to enjoy this song (and others like it), I just wanted to say what I thought and see what everyone else thought of this.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm done now. :p

I'm just curious, are the majority of people that really like this (30 second clip of the) song female? It just seems like I've seen a lot of people saying they love the song and then going on to tell everyone what they imagine Matt doing to them while the song is playing. At least, from my experience, girls/women tend to enjoy the more poppy or R&B-type of music out there (read: music they can dance to) than guys do. I for one do not like the clip at all, definitely my least favorite and I could see myself always skipping this track. I realize there are exceptions to every rule and I'm not saying that you have to be female to enjoy this song (and others like it), I just wanted to say what I thought and see what everyone else thought of this.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm done now. :p

Well...I'm a straight male who loves all the older heavier Muse stuff but I think this is a great new (danceable) direction...

You don't really have to be female to appreciate that this song is sexy.

"Wow...this is a a sexy song...time to dance with girls"....etc.

or in my sad case....

"wow....this is a sexy song...time to dance by myself...maybe with my cat..."

Archived