Escape is cool.. but.. why escape?

If it's to be from Showbiz album, why not Showbiz??? It's awesome! Or even Cave :$ <3 (I know I know, matt says it's difficult to play it live...)

I would love some other B-sides too, like said above!

but sure, if they play escape, yey :D

Ah, here's the oldie I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah15AKIIMfw

It wouldn't be anything like that of course, now that Matt's got a bit more meat on his arms, but it could be interesting coming from a now more mature band.

This captures perfectly the raw passion of the song for me, and for fellow fans of Escape. :)

Thats the video I was looking for :D

More I think about it the more I seriously think, that with a few synths and a vocoder, some of the songs from Showbiz could work well. I say that, but I'm really just obsessed with vocoders :rolleyes:

Fo' Sho'!

Oooh I'm on board. I love Escape! :happy: Hugely underrated! Def wanna get it played! :D Signed the twitition, what else? OHH I'll tweet like a f00kin fool about playing it live! ;)

Join the Escape Uprising :D atm I am tweeting them once a day (they are called did you know)

Escape is cool.. but.. why escape?

If it's to be from Showbiz album, why not Showbiz??? It's awesome! Or even Cave :$ <3 (I know I know, matt says it's difficult to play it live...)

I would love some other B-sides too, like said above!

but sure, if they play escape, yey :D

Read the first post.

We're going with escape because it's the only likely choice.

Chris wants to play it more.

Sunburn has been overplayed, they've retired Muscle Museum, Showbiz and Unintended already had their comebacks, and Matt can't sing Cave any more.

So Escape is the only logical choice.

Among other songs, I really want to hear FAWY live. That would be immense.

Sorry but I think this is a very dumb and UNFAIR idea.

If Chris likes the song so much, it's up to him to convince Matt & Dom to play it, not the fanbase. They have to make compromises within the band and play songs they all enjoy, I proceed like this in my band, I choose some songs, my singer chooses some songs, my guitarist chooses other songs. It has to be democracy. But in no way should the fans do a campaign and twitter Muse just because some fans want the songs (and because Chris said he loved it).

OR we should do a poll with THE song we want to be played live the most, then that'd be a little more fair, even though the band shouldn't play songs just for the fans. They should also stopped being forced to play singles just to please the occasional listeners.

Personnally I like Escape but it has been played live already, I wouldn't complain if they chose to play it again, but I'd prefer a hundred times if they played Eternally Missed, Falling Away with you, Shrinking Universe Hate this&I'll love you, and Exo-politics, amazing songs that weren't played live much and it's a goddamn shame. But that's my wish and I wouldn't like the band to play it for me just to please me, it'd have to come from them, but anyway IF there is a campaign or whatsoever, it should be a democratic poll, not like this where a moderator happens to love this song and stick it on the official board. This is totally unfair.

Just my two cents anyway. ;)

OK apparently you didn't understand anything about my post, my bad. To explain clearly, I don't want them to play one song for knobs like me to use your words, I want them to feel like playing it, that's why I'm against that kind of request, and IF a request should be made, it should be more democratic than a moderator sticking it on the messageboard and asking for a particular song. I also don't want them to feel forced to play singles just to make people happy, and that's funny because your feeling good remark was totally agreeing with what I'm saying.

;)

Well, sorry to break it to you but they're not playing anymore for their own pleasure. I'm not saying they don't enjoy playing live anymore but the main reason why they're playing live is because it's THEIR JOB. Their job is to make sure people are having a good time. If they still enjoy what they're doing it's even better.

They are still artists. Thus they can play what the fuck they want to play, but as they are very humble and nice guys, they play the singles to please the occasional listeners, when they could and should play what they like. Guns N' Roses were doing it and had no planned setlists when touring, NIN are currently doing it, and Radiohead are doing it. Sorry to break in your "muse world" and misconceptions about what it is to be an artist ;)

Well, GNR could have made far more money if they had stuck to playing greatest hits sets.

Muse know that if they only play obscure tracks and b-sides that they will lose a lot of money. Whenever Chris does his headbanging while he plays the bass part in Time Is Running Out he's not nodding along to the music. No, he's thinking of all the money he got for that show. TRUFAX.

True, but GNR were never in it for the money, they were offered millions of dollars to reform (I think the deal was $25 millions), meaning Axl+Slash+Duff+Izzy+Matt(or Steven), and they rejected the offer. Axl always pushed the Chinese Democracy further, never caring about the money he'd make if he'd put it out.

True about TIRO, or New Born, or Plug in Baby, or especially Starlight, and all of the other songs they've been playing for years in their boring setlists, I don't believe they're really still having that much fun playing them (if any fun at all).

Archived