How about a new topic. Let's get 20 songs played live!

:LOL:

Lets get anything played live which isn't the current setlist? Hell yeah.

Have you guys seen then tour book? There's the "final setlist" in it with a line through feeling good and a note saying to replace with cave/unintended. So looks like its the set for the whole tour and nothing more :(

Have you guys seen then tour book? There's the "final setlist" in it with a line through feeling good and a note saying to replace with cave/unintended. So looks like its the set for the whole tour and nothing more :(

Makes me glad I only went to Teignmouth. The new Intro and Exo 1 are the only things I'm missing out on.

Wait, what?

But in Liverpool, we didn't get Feeling Good, we only got Cave instead; no Unintended! I was gutted about that, but still so happy about getting pianoey Cave, it was brilliant! :D

I can't believe they dropped Guiding Light. We need a campaign to get Guiding Light back on the setlist, so the rest of Europe has to endure our pain!

If it's any comfort to you, they said it was written to be played in stadiums so 70,000 people will see it in all it's glory at Wembley, perhaps leading straight into Invincible :awesome:

If it's any comfort to you, they said it was written to be played in stadiums so 70,000 people will see it in all it's glory at Wembley, perhaps leading straight into Invincible :awesome:

As I'm not going to Wembley, that sounds awesome. :awesome:

I Lol'd so hard at that.

I love the hate for this song. People calling it Guiding Shite has made my year.

I want a HUGE groan from the crowd when they play it at Wembley,

Wow you must be so cool!!

:rolleyes:

The more people say they hate it, the more I want it to be played at every single gig, hopefully forever.

I'd just like to say I simply love the song Escape, it's golden, but

We're going with escape because it's the only likely choice.

Chris wants to play it more.

Sunburn has been overplayed, they've retired Muscle Museum, Showbiz and Unintended already had their comebacks, and Matt can't sing Cave any more.

So Escape is the only logical choice.

Cave being part of the reason that Escape must be played does undermine the campaign because they've since proved they can play Cave;

They are still artists. Thus they can play what the fuck they want to play, but as they are very humble and nice guys, they play the singles to please the occasional listeners, when they could and should play what they like...

and the muse setlist is muse's decision;

...It's just that I think sometimes things are best left in the context of the time. It was obviously powerful and meaningful at the time but may not be now - and there's the possibility it could even be uncomfortable...

I think the band will want to do what inspires them, and I'd rather that than they do requests really, because I think that is what produces the best performance but I'm not criticising anyone for asking for it. It just occurred to me that if they don't perform it, as with any of the old songs, it might not be because they don't care what fans want, but because it doesn't feel right to them. It will be nice however if they realise songs they think are underated are actually popular. I'm sure I'd be just as willing as anyone to listen...

thank you for pointing out the meaning behind the song, it really does seem to fit all the words, and I agree we don't know if&why they will never play it live ever again and we should respect that;

I Lol'd so hard at that.

I love the hate for this song. People calling it Guiding Shite has made my year.

I want a HUGE groan from the crowd when they play it at Wembley,

groaning or shouting that kind of thing is a totally rubbish thing to do.

The only songs I like from Showbiz is Muscle Museum and Unintended. The others don't really say me a lot, to be honest.

Guiding Light is soooooo great played live, gives you a break from all the jumping and bouncing between the up-tempo songs :awesome:

Also it is such a good sing-along-song :awesome:

groaning or shouting that kind of thing is a totally rubbish thing to do.

Agreed, I was joking :|

I actually like the song and didn't think it went down badly at all at the O2. I just love the way a huge amount of people hate it. Find it pretty hilarious. The same way I think Feeling Good was bloody amazing on the night but I love the way people dislike it because they play it all the time. Call me weird if you like :)

Oh I forgot to tell you, I saw Kirk when I was down in London and had a little conversation with him and this! He remeber's his conversation with me saying "It'll never get played" and rememebered Chris saying it was his favourite. He has seen this, so he said he'd look into it and into what we've done on twitter and have a word with Chris over it ;):awesome:

I'm gonna email all the links today and see how far I can push it :chuckle:

Archived