Okay twitted

2 hours ago

@musewire Did u know? 2 Escape was last played live on the 14th Oct 00 at the Tokyo Blitz (6th song on the setlist). Please #playescapelive

2 minutes ago

@musewire Did you know? 3 During its 29 years of operation there was 14 ESCAPE attempts from Alcatraz. Please #playescapelive

they're right at the top when you click on #playescapelive posts

Crap, you had me singing it to see if it sounded right and my mum knocked on the door. :facepalm:

Sounds good though. :happy:

I wish I had seen that :LOL:

I did the same - I had to sing it over and over to make sure it worked... No offence to Escape but the rhythm of the words makes it a bitch to rewrite :LOL: In comparison HTAILY & Exo-Poltics were far easier.

done :awesome:

:D I know I can always count on you

Yeah, they dropped it in favour of a variable Unintended, Sunburn and/or Showbiz from 2007 to 2008.

This is why Escape is out only option for some Showbiz now really!

Escape seems so far removed from the band's style now though. I can imagine HTAILY still working for them though. Of course you've got to go with the majority.

I think saying Matt can't sing cave anymore is a bit of a assumption. He said he always struggled with it, but there's plenty of tracks that are sung differently live because he struggles with them. City of Delusion, Hoodoo, as well as Hyper Music back in the day...

It's another assumption to say that Muscle Museum has been retired. Just because they've given it a break it doesn't mean they are done with it. Citizen Erased and Bliss both were off setlists for a while as well as a lot of other tracks. They could easily reappear next tour.

I think it's pretty ignorant to give out such information as though it's fact, especially as someone who people actually listen to on here!

Anyway, on topic, it would be nice to here some more of the Showbiz stuff live. Escape would be nice, but it would be even better if they rotated 5 or so tracks for the tour.

Hey, i've always wondered how matt does that sound in the solo. Sounds like the 2 octaves up whammy mode, but it doesnt include the dry guitar sound, so how does he do that?

the midi pickup and roland vg88 i'd say.

Approved.

Escape is awesome, I rediscovered that on my hunt for the best video of every muse song (see my sig). Not my fav on the album, but would be a good representative of the older style.

:awesome:

Unfortunately I don't have twitter.

dont think its gonna be happen tbh, escape was binned a long long time ago, lucky to get anything other than the odd sunburn now

A realistic view, but look what happened on their South American part of the tour (virtually the last few gigs of the BHAR Tour), fans had been asking for CE before the show, they changed the setlist, and slotted CE in. Sure, CE's not as old as the Showbiz stuff, but since Muse are such a fan based band, if we rally enough people wanting Escape (or other, lesser played songs on Showbiz) we should eventually make them Cave :awesome:

Ok guys, I understand that you all want to hear Escape, and yes, I HAVE read through the thread and heard and understand your reasons for choosing Escape rather than other Showbiz songs...

But... Can we try do this for more than just Escape?

Whilst of course this is my opinion, I'm sure there are many people who would agree with me in saying that Escape is definately not their favourite Muse song that doesn't get any live playing love, so how about some more songs get this kind of request?

I for one would ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO HEAR EITHER FUTURISM OR ETERNALLY MISSED LIVE.

Surely there's others out there who would agree? Can't we get some rally of support for this too? How can we get Muse to find out this?

I for one would ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO HEAR EITHER FUTURISM OR ETERNALLY MISSED LIVE.

Yes I would love to hear these songs live as a) Futurism is my fav muse song and b) EM would sound great live with some strings back up....

HOWEVER this is Gem's campaign and she decided on Escape and we have to respect her choice. Your choice is to endorse it or not.

Yes we could ask for more songs but that would be greedy and if we ask for too much we will just end up with nothing. We need to concentrate our effort on one song and the choice is Escape.

SO PEOPLE KEEP TWEETING FOR #PLAYESCAPELIVE :D

gah! i know you're all going to hate me for this but i really don't like escape. it's probably in my opinion one of the worst muse songs and i love basically all of them. perhaps it would sound better live though. hmm.

I only realised what a good song it is when I heard a live version. There's this one really passionate version of the song played in one of their earlier gigs, back when Matt was all thin and all. It was posted here and I fell in love with it.

Can someone find the one I'm talking about?- I'm sure a lot of you know which one I'm talking about. Perhaps it can convert some of the non-believers. :p

Escape seems so far removed from the band's style now though. I can imagine HTAILY still working for them though. Of course you've got to go with the majority.

I think saying Matt can't sing cave anymore is a bit of a assumption. He said he always struggled with it, but there's plenty of tracks that are sung differently live because he struggles with them. City of Delusion, Hoodoo, as well as Hyper Music back in the day...

It's another assumption to say that Muscle Museum has been retired. Just because they've given it a break it doesn't mean they are done with it. Citizen Erased and Bliss both were off setlists for a while as well as a lot of other tracks. They could easily reappear next tour.

I think it's pretty ignorant to give out such information as though it's fact, especially as someone who people actually listen to on here!

Anyway, on topic, it would be nice to here some more of the Showbiz stuff live. Escape would be nice, but it would be even better if they rotated 5 or so tracks for the tour.

I agree with everything you said there :)

Ok guys, I understand that you all want to hear Escape, and yes, I HAVE read through the thread and heard and understand your reasons for choosing Escape rather than other Showbiz songs...

But... Can we try do this for more than just Escape?

Surely there's others out there who would agree? Can't we get some rally of support for this too? How can we get Muse to find out this?

+1, my first choice being The Groove.

It would be great if they played Escape again... but also i would ask Muse to play Falling away with you, Futurism, Hate this, Screenager, The groove, Coma, Dark shines, Shriking universe, and Recess... if it isnt too much XD

hehe anyways, it's a great idea from yours, i hope Muse read this :p

Escape is one of my Top 3 Muse songs. I just love it!! It would be great if, as it's been said before, they included a couple of Showbiz/Origin songs in every gig (rotating them as I think they did in the Southamerican tour), and I can't imagine if Escape was always in the setlist...:happy:

Archived