Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

So it's clearly a homage...

Exactly. Everybody should get used to hearing the word "Queen" when people talk about this song. The "when there can be only one" part has Queen vocals and it's obviously intentional. It's amazing and I'll take some more please. :happy:

And I absolutely KNEW it was about to explode like that, but it still caught me off guard. :eek: I'm dieing to hear the next section now. And how cool is it that the Arabian section kicked in just in time for Dubai?

I dont see why people are seeing the queen connection as a negative one..

all i know is this is going to be one of many epic's from this album, i really am starting to beleive the hype :D

Yeah, it's it's not like the Queen influences weren't there before.

Hmmm... everyone seems to be bigging up the Queen influence, even though only about 3-5 seconds actually sounds like Queen but meh, anyone familiar with Dream Theatre? The instrumental kinda Eastern bit really reminds me of them.

Still, gets an overall thumbs up from me so far, just hope the rest of the album is equally as epic!

Oh my GOD, when the 3rd part kicked in I was literally sitting there with my mouth open. EPIC!!! This sounds so promising, I am sure now that The Resistance will blow us all away. :awesome::stongue::musesign: What a beautiful song!! Ah, I feel like crying ^^

As for the Queen influence, I don't think it's a bad thing. I mean, it's undeniably there, but it fits with the song, and I think the song will get even more epic in the later parts :)

Part 3 didn't have a gradual crescendo like I expected, it just kinda kicks in all of a sudden, not that it's a bad thing, but it sure was surprising. The bass sounds really kickass, too.

Multi-tracked vocals does not automatically equal a 'Queen rip'

If anything it's an homage to Queen but it is in no way "ripping off" or "copying" Queen.

Yes it is.

It's the exact same production style as Queen. Don't be offended if I didn't call your beloved heroes Gods.

It's the exact same production style as Queen. Don't be offended if I didn't call your beloved heroes Gods.

Can you at least try not to be argumentative. Agree to disagree and all that.

Personally I think it sounds exactly like Queen for about 3 seconds. We need to hear the rest of the song first.

Can you at least try not to be argumentative. Agree to disagree and all that.

Personally I think it sounds exactly like Queen for about 3 seconds. We need to hear the rest of the song first.

Yes, I said 5 seconds, but I was being rough.

It's exactly like that bit ''On and On and On and On.....We are the Champions.... etc......''

Then it gets into a real exotic key.

Don't say Muse is unoriginal because they sound like Queen for 5 seconds.

I think it's a homage which actually makes it original.

While other bands are busy building up their own sound, Muse decided to sound like Queen for 5 seconds. It's their way of saying "we love Queen!" and we all know that every other band after Queen is influenced by them, so why would you want to hide it?

Just my thought, you can agree or disagree, I don't care.

Don't say Muse is unoriginal because they sound like Queen for 5 seconds.

I think it's a homage which actually makes it original.

While other bands are busy building up their own sound, Muse decided to sound like Queen for 5 seconds. It's their way of saying "we love Queen!" and we all know that every other band after Queen is influenced by them, so why would you want to hide it?

Just my thought, you can agree or disagree, I don't care.

Well, apart from ripping Rach/Chopin with your piano chops and Tom Morello with guitar chops....

yea, Matt is pretty original, as well as Chris' bass tone, some distortion, apart from that pretty original, and Dom's drums, raping the Tom's loads apart from that it's like most other drummers.

The only thing original about them is them as a group, nothing new with individuals.

I will be completely shocked (and super disappointed) if there's not one or more additional Queen sounding vocal parts in this song.

Well, apart from ripping Rach/Chopin with your piano chops and Tom Morello with guitar chops....

yea, Matt is pretty original, as well as Chris' bass tone, some distortion, apart from that pretty original, and Dom's drums, raping the Tom's loads apart from that it's like most other drummers.

The only thing original about them is them as a group, nothing new with individuals.

Why are you such a .....?

There's barely a more original band than Muse nowadays. I can't name any. (and fuck off Radiohead if you want to mention them).

I consider writing good music original....

Though this remark is very subjective, I still feel time will and has proven this right 'cause from what I've learned from roaming the musical landscape. Is that most music is contemporary and over 99% of the music just lasts it's era or it's success is tied to it in some way.

Except for the really good or really clever interesting ones, who don't have a corporate promotional machine pushing them, whose music and fans exist in this intertwining continuum that surpasses the actual spirit of any era...

It has a lot to do with obtaining your own identity as an artist. And being aware to not ever be a typical pre-defined musical entity from start 'till finish. I mean moving and thinking forward instead of just taking from the past and thinking that the natural evolving contemporary moment automatically offers something original.

In music it's probably better to be progressive, risky and kinda new instead of conservative, playing safe and repetitive. And how good it is is just a matter of sense and taste. But I would and do have more respect for someone who tries to move forward...

After thousands of years of human beings creating music in some form, it gets a bit tough to be completely original. You can't make music without the parts of it being similar in some way to music which already exists. But there is definitely originality in how you put it all together, and Muse try out combinations of styles that most wouldn't dare to attempt.

Archived