Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

Ummm... I'm a bit like that. But I hate the likes of Starlight and Invincible and Feeling Good, rather than the really quiet ones. The mid-tempo bland ones.

I'm the same. I like the intricate quiet ones like falling away with you and the ones I've already mentioned. And I love the hilarity and energy of the louder songs. Songs like Soldier's Poem and Screenager I love because they're so unusual.

But things like Starlight, and Invincible have no appeal for me.

But I do think they are taking a different approach to originality since BHaR...

Something like:

Let's try to do it like this or them and prove to ourselves that we can pull it off at least as good or better without imitating....

While they probably in the past strived to move forward and be more original in everything they wanted to do at the time...

it's like, the eastern scale after the Queen bit that does it for me. My favourite notes, them. so CHEEKY. Nom nom.

"and these wars, they can't be won..."

:'( so relevant at the moment too, with lads dying out in Afghanistan

+1 the Queen note will need getting used to, but <3 :chuckle:

But I do think they are taking a different approach to originality since BHaR...

One of the reasons Muse are still one of my favourite bands is that they're consgtantly tryin to be original.

Origin of Symmetry was a huge step from Showbiz, and so was Absolution. With BHAR some of it was a small step back, whilst other bits a huge leap forward (hence the mixed opinions).

LOL have you guys seen this?:

COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL UPDATE

HUMINT COMMUNICATION MESSAGE CHANNEL COORDINATION OBSERVED.

NOTE: FLOODING OF COMMUNICATION CHANNELS HIGHLY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE AND CONTRARY TO OVERALL AIMS OF PROJECT GRAND AJEDREZ. JAMMING CONSIDERED DETRIMENTAL TO PRESERVATION OF CLEAR EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION CHANNELS.

SEEK TO UNIFY FACTIONS AND AVOID FURTHER FRAGMENTATION.

LOL have you guys seen this?:

COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL UPDATE

HUMINT COMMUNICATION MESSAGE CHANNEL COORDINATION OBSERVED.

NOTE: FLOODING OF COMMUNICATION CHANNELS HIGHLY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE AND CONTRARY TO OVERALL AIMS OF PROJECT GRAND AJEDREZ. JAMMING CONSIDERED DETRIMENTAL TO PRESERVATION OF CLEAR EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION CHANNELS.

SEEK TO UNIFY FACTIONS AND AVOID FURTHER FRAGMENTATION.

Yeah they're discussing it in the treasure hunt thread. ;)

Something like:

Let's try to do it like this or them and prove to ourselves that we can pull it off at least as good or better without imitating....

While they probably in the past strived to move forward and be more original in everything they wanted to do at the time...

To me, it seems like they are imitating. It's way more than just a subtle Queen reference...which I don't think is original at all.

LOL

Queen rip, hopefully it'll grow on me.

Multi-tracked vocals does not automatically equal a 'Queen rip'

If anything it's an homage to Queen but it is in no way "ripping off" or "copying" Queen.

Multi-tracked vocals does not automatically equal a 'Queen rip'

If anything it's an homage to Queen but it is in no way "ripping off" or "copying" Queen.

Hmm; its not just multi-tracked vocalling. It didnt dound so like Muse in Knights and Soldier's Poem.

But yeah I'd definitely say its an homage.

Archived