Sing For Absolution appreciation thread

ArrowSmith

Was one of my favourite songs when I first heard it. And it sounds great live, judging from videos.

The 2007 version with the piano backing sounded great.

Seen it live twice but i'd take it over their recent 'slow burners' any day

It always feels so amazing after I run three miles at dusk and then listen to Sing For Absolution when I'm doing my cool down.

Seriously, try it sometime

And also, does anyone have an audio of SFA live where Matt actually sings the end with his chest voice, not falsetto? My friend is going crazy over trying to find one (apparently, his chest voice is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more powerful)

Yeah every time I hear the live version I hope Matt would belt out that last bit "our wrongs remain unrectified, and our souls won't be exhumed" like in the studio version. I was always under the impression that he would falsetto most of the end for the live performances...must find audio of him doing it with his chest voice.

But yes, SFA is actually one of my favorite Muse songs. I love the SFA, Blackout, FAWY sound they did on Absolution. Really hope SFA is done live again soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Because it's a bit plinky-plonky, wishy-washy, luvvy-duvvy?

It just doesn't have the 'wow' factor of the songs that preceed it on Absolution and the song that succeeds it.

A bit late :LOL:, but still.

I really like SFA. But, the Bass line's a bit bland. Other than that, I love it. :happy:

• 2 months later...

I would love to see this performed live again as well. Unfortunately it didn't make the top five choices at any of the gigs.:( I wonder if they did it again Matt would use chest voice for the final bit now. I agree with those who have said that it would sound better done like the recorded version.

Amazing song anyway.:) Like someone said, one of those that brings you out in tingles.

The sheer passion, aching and power in Matt's voice towards and at the end is just wow.

Agreed!

This has to be one of my favourite songs of theirs..and that Glasto performance is so overwhelming.

I quote 'forevermusic', "Sing for Absolution for Wembley please!" :supersad:

I voted this for the cricket ground, but it got beaten by the awful ToaDA. Although SfA is one of my all-time favourites, I wont really be disapointed if it doesn't get played. However, if ToaDA gets played I will be.

Archived