ok, first of all.. i read twilight back when no one knew about it, and I thought it was great and entertaining ... I have nothing against twilight now either, I just hate the FUCKING FANS and the hysteria around it...wtf?!

i have been listening to Muse since sthlm syndrome ( ok I hate when people are compeeting about who is the best fan cuz they have listened from what album.. but yeah. :p) and i loooove super massive bl.. Now, I'm scared to confess that fact. Everyone takes me for a frikkin twilightgroupie, just cuz I am #1 a girl 2# a teen #3 have no idea.

. GAAH! cant stand it!!!

Lets get ridddd off theeese disgusting creatures!! *evil* Gonna stick a pole into every vampire wannabee. *rawr*

And even muse thought it was gonna be a indie-movie when they said yes.. so dont blame them. sure they pissed us off, but at least now they are so much more famous=more cash=more albums? So lets try to get along with the hyped fukrs and pray that they will get tired and dissappear soon enough...

// Tina

Well either that or they were by the teen section with red and white flowered covers (I think R&J was a red flower and Pride and Prejudice was both red and white, but I can't remember what Wuthering Heights was - short glance) for absolutely no reason.

This.Makes.Me.So.Mad :mad:

I was at a book store, and I saw that they recovered Romeo & Juliet, Pride & Prejudice, and Wuthering Heights with red and white flowers to look more Twilighty.

I mean, they mention them enough in the series itself that if they wanted to read them, they should just go pick them up. It's really dumb that you have to do that to a classic piece of literature just so it'll sell better.

i've seen the same thing, so many book covers are black with red or white objects on them now :facepalm:

My husband found a book yesterday that he just had to buy me, mostly for this particular Haiku. I thought you guys would enjoy this.

The Book is called "Vampire Haiku" by Ryan Mecum

I just saw "Twilight"

It's labeled a vampire film,

but I don't know why.

Those were not vampires.

If sunlight makes you sparkle,

you're a unicorn.

The underage girl

and century-old dead guy,

awkwardly in love.

If this were real life,

Ed would have looked at her neck-

bite, dead, burp, credits.

Enjoy twilight haters.

He also has a book out called "Zombie Haiku" these are absolutely hillarious.

My husband found a book yesterday that he just had to buy me, mostly for this particular Haiku. I thought you guys would enjoy this.

The Book is called "Vampire Haiku" by Ryan Mecum

I just saw "Twilight"

It's labeled a vampire film,

but I don't know why.

Those were not vampires.

If sunlight makes you sparkle,

you're a unicorn.

The underage girl

and century-old dead guy,

awkwardly in love.

If this were real life,

Ed would have looked at her neck-

bite, dead, burp, credits.

Enjoy twilight haters.

He also has a book out called "Zombie Haiku" these are absolutely hillarious.

<3

It'll suck. Like about 90 percent of all American films.

sad to say I agree. a lot of our movies these days lack originality and they even give crap movies a sequel. The good ones come from foreign influence it seems. I found the blockbuster movies all seem to be a bit too overhyped and hardly worth the price. Most of the stuff I have on DVD are foreign. Occassionally something in the theaters will surprise me but it seems to become a rarer occassion more and more as the years go by. The screenwriters really need to step it up!

Are you serious? They did that because of Twilight? :eek:

Who can blame them? It's good marketing strategy. They are still classics and I'm sure you can still get non-twilight versions. Have to say though, Wuthering Heights is awful. Pride and Prejudice wasn't bad. Romeo and Juliet. . . meh. Just my opinions so don't hate me ;).

I really do hate twatlight. Even though my the first MUSE sdong I heard was SMBH I didnt hear it from the movie i heard from Youtube! It is annoying. but just cuz MUSE is in Twatlight doesnt mean that there will be crazy rabid Cullen loving "fans" here I talked about it to someone who had seen the movie and when I mentioned Muse she said "who?" So there you have it, just because Muse was in twatlight does not mean crazy rabid cullen-loving "fans" will come aboard! :)

twilight introduced me to muse

without stephanie meyer i would never have heard of them... god knows what that would have been like.

but i agree in that stupid teenagers who know SmBH and 'the twilight band' piss me off so much. i want to bash their heads together and let the blood drain slowly...

Muse are beyond that... but what does it matter that a few girls become fans and fade away??

surely its people like you and me that are the true muse fans

• 5 weeks later...

I don't like anything twatlight related. I think the whole series is a joke and that Meyer is a total joke to the writing community.

The films and books seem ridiculous from all the reviews I've been hearing. I found out recently that Meyer loves Muse and that their music has been linked to Twilight now.

There are new fans now, that are fans because of twatlight. Am I surprised? No. Do I honestly care if those kids are fans? No.

I don't like the game of "I'm a better fan than you are" or "I've been a fan since like forever" or "Omg. My band! Not yours!" Fuck it I don't care.

The only thing I would be embarrassed by is that if I wear my Muse shirt and having some people think I'm a twatlight fan. That would be a HUGE embarrassment. That is just how I would PERSONALLY feel. I wouldn't want people to think I enjoy reading shit from a horrible writer.

Does anyone know if IBTY was in the actual New Moon film?

The last post in the Twilight thread in The Gallery said someone heard that IBTY was played during a shopping sequence...

I don't remember there being a shopping sequence in New Moon. Maybe I need to reread it (or not)? :LOL:

I dunno if this worked the first time or not - my internet enjoys being stupid.

Does anyone know if IBTY was in the actual New Moon film?

yes it was, and it was like they just threw it in the because the author made them, it didn't fit at all, it's in a scene where no one will probably notice it, I think it's meant to be like a radio playing or something. I don't know I wasn't paying much attention to the movie, I was playing on my phone. I didn't want to go see the shit film. Though the books aren't entirely awful, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Yes, the fans are annoying, but it's a good launching pad for the band in the US. They're one of the biggest bands in the world outside the US. Yet here they're forced to be opening acts or play tiny venues, which could be a treat for some of us as those usually provide easier access to the band themselves before/after the shows, but really I'd love to get the massive tour with the cool stage how muse is really best (or so I hear) to get the full effect, so whatever helps them here and gets the US some more/better shows is worth it.

edit: there's not even 30 seconds of the song in the movie.

I think it's meant to be like a radio playing or something. I don't know I wasn't paying much attention to the movie, I was playing on my phone. I didn't want to go see the shit film.

:LOL:

but yeah, i've read the books and they are horribly written with page long accounts of how a character folded her laundry, cooked dinner for charlie, brushed her teeth for the eighth time that day, and then stuffed a granola bar into her mouth (even she seems to get annoyed at the amount of bullshit in her head). that said, the sexual tension is..very addictive.

movies are still shit.

Archived