Amongst this Twilight hate though, I have to say for me, if it wasn't for Twilight I probably wouldn't be a Muse fan right now *sees the evil looks everyone is giving her*

Let me explain - I loved Feeling Good when it was released and Supermassive Black Hole when BH&R came out and my bro bought it and played it and I thought "yeah that's a pretty good song" but I never got into Muse from there. Then a few years later Twilight comes out, adopts a few of my friends as obsessed fans, one of them buys the soundtrack and plays it while we're at work and SMBH doesn't leave my head for a few weeks, and I remembered it from a while back thinking it sounded familiar, so it encouraged me to get hold of it and then try out some of their other stuff. I'd never have come across Take a Bow or New Born if I hadn't been looking up the SMBH vid on youtube! Then I played on Guitar Hero and saw a Muse song on there (KoC) and thought I'd give it ago and was totally sold. :D

Note: I'm not a 'fan' of Twilight. Even if I did watch it last night and am going out with the flatmates to see New Moon this week :stunned::rolleyes:

(Before i say anything, this friend im talking about found out about muse before Twilight :happy:.)

I was trying to explain to my friend a few days ago who likes Muse, but also loves twilight, why i dont like the Muse song being in Twilight.. but i said the movie isnt to bad, and also said that i dont know why everyone is so crazed about it. He didnt quite understand my reason for not liking the song being in it though :facepalm:.

I remember someone saying on the "random muse-ings in your life" thread, that they had a twilighter at their school which thought the words to supermassive blackhole were "grey shirts melting in the dead of night" or something like that :LOL:.

I appreciate that the author of the book is a Muse fan, thats great... its just the twilighters (sorry), some of them say they love Muse, but have only heard 1 or 3 songs by them :noey:. BUT, i also think some "twilighters" will become true Muse fans, and actually listen to them properly and appreciate their music.. if that makes any sense :erm:.

Okay I've see New Moon it's better than Twilight but there was no point putting IBtY in it at all.

Oh and my friend who loves Twilgiht and is all "Team Edward" just said she was a bigger Muser than me, she didn't even know that IBtY was in New Moon and wasn't aware that Muse are from Tinmuff. I do believe she deserves a massive facepalm

Okay I've see New Moon it's better than Twilight but there was no point putting IBtY in it at all.

Oh and my friend who loves Twilgiht and is all "Team Edward" just said she was a bigger Muser than me, she didn't even know that IBtY was in New Moon and wasn't aware that Muse are from Tinmuff. I do believe she deserves a massive facepalm

:facepalm: She has just failed majorly :noey:.

I love the fact that a guy from my class fully understands that I hate Twilight, because I'm a Muse-fan :happy:

"Why do you hate Twilight?" "I'm a biig fan of MUSE" "ooooh. Got your point. They really destroyed pure fandom there..."

Kill with fire.

so does anyone know how they managed to put in IBTY?

Bella's talking to her dad, then suddenly IBTY starts really randomly, then she gets in her truck and it carries on, then the next thing you know she's walking along having a conversation with Jessica with it still carrying on in the background.

It's in the film for about 20 seconds and doesn't really fit imo. :rolleyes:

Actually, New Moon was not a bad movie :stunned: I was sooooooo surprised, I thought it would be just as bad as the first, but it was 10 times better :happy: I still laughed the whole time at the cheesy lines though...........:LOL:

Yeah, I didn't think is was so bad. I mean, I'd never say it was a "good" movie or anything, but it was entertaining. IBTY was so subtle, I can't imagine any Musers needing to get their panties in a wad over it. I almost missed it! It definitely wasn't as prominently used as SMBH was in Twilight. So whatever, I think the whining is annoying.

IBTY and Muse in the soundtrack of New Moon comes across as a complete afterthought. They are not the main feature of the soundtrack (and frankly I prefer it that way).

The soundtrack is almost a who's who of indie bands and Muse being a part of it is quite nice (don't hate me :p).

Bella's talking to her dad, then suddenly IBTY starts really randomly, then she gets in her truck and it carries on, then the next thing you know she's walking along having a conversation with Jessica with it still carrying on in the background.

It's in the film for about 20 seconds and doesn't really fit imo. :rolleyes:

yeah, i watched the SMBH scene on youtube and it doesnt fit either... dont you get the feeling they just put the muse songs on their on the insistence of a particular mormon fangirl author? :rolleyes:

Oh, gosh, YES. I always have to explain, that just because I'm a teenager, doesn't mean I'm a twilight/muse fan. I had heard of Muse way before I'd ever heard of twilight. (thank God)

So Twilight ---- "BURN IT WITH FIRE"

Muse is too amazing for those stupid books/movies. I wish Matt, Dom, and Chris weren't even associated with it.

I'll be honest, I loved Twilight when I first read it two years ago. I'm a big fan of vampire-related literature and movies and whatnot, and saw it as a new step in the history of that. That was before everyhing became so bloody huge. I don't find it fun anymore now that everyone and their grandmother has read the books and seen the movies. Now, I was never a shrieking fangirl in the first place, I liked the books for what they were, without all the hype around it.

Also, I got into Muse about a year and a half ago, so after Twilight, but before the movie, so I had no idea they were going to be on the soundtrack. That may be a bit procrastinating, but the truth. And I'm of the generation where during the snug little parties that the kids then held - mainly to gawk at individuals of the opposite sex (which took up an amazing amount of time back when we were, like, 11 o_O) and hope to have a dance - one of the songs that was stuck on repeat was Unintended. So, technically, as my friend put it a while back, we've been fans subconciously for ages. ;P But really, I was well pissed that my classmates would otherwise only listen to bloody Westlife. *shakes head*

Anyway, I have a friend who's a big fan, and she would always be listening to them. Gosh, I remember one of our trips to the capital, where we accidentally drove off in the wrong direction on the highway twice, and we'd go "Roadtrip!!" and just blast TIRO as loud a possible. That became a tradition after that. XD [/reminising bitch]

I went to a premiere of New Moon last week, and I went in costume as a Volturi (because they're badass, no matter what) and really, most of the other fans didn't get it, apparently. It was all screaming and swooning over Edward/Robert and to me, Twilight thus -to me- lost all of the magic it had left. In the end, apart from being with friends I hardly see nowadays, the bright spot of the evening really was those 15 seconds of I Belong To You, which was the only part of the movie I actually cheered at.

I don't really know how this makes me come across to the rest of you, but honestly, there are a lot of Muse-fans that may like Twilight, but didn't get into Muse through that. I think that those insane fangirls that have been mentioned here really doesn't only give a bad rep to the Muse-fans, but also to the ones that liked Twilight before it was an "it"-thing to like and vampires were the new black. And it made me realise, that even though it's build upon the classic tales of mythical creatures which I love, it's still not really making any of them read Anne Rice of Bram Stoker.

So yeah, bit more ranting from the opposite side on my behalf. I'm not a crazed fangirl who automatically hates everyone that dislikes Twilight, so I'm not really worried, though. ;)

If you've made it this far, I salute you.

^^ AGREED. I liked Twilight when nobody knew about it -_-

TIRO was the first Muse song I heard, and that was on Stephenie Meyer's playlist on her website, so I didn't find Muse from the movie. I had Blackout from like the age of ten though because I bought the soundtrack for the movie Millions, and I always loved that song but didn't ever take the time to look up more from that artist.

Well I happened to read Twilight literally a month before it blew up, so I only loved the books for about 4 months before I was sick of the superficial hype and title that goes with Twilight fans (especially teenage girls such as myself :rolleyes:), but I haven't stopped loving Muse since then. And finding Muse lead me to begin playing guitar (which I absolutely LOVE) and explore new bands and music, so I will always be grateful to Stephenie Meyer for indirectly introducing me to my still favorite band :happy:

PS- I was singing along with IBTY when it came on during New Moon :LOL:

^^ AGREED. I liked Twilight when nobody knew about it -_-

TIRO was the first Muse song I heard, and that was on Stephenie Meyer's playlist on her website, so I didn't find Muse from the movie. I had Blackout from like the age of ten though because I bought the soundtrack for the movie Millions, and I always loved that song but didn't ever take the time to look up more from that artist.

Well I happened to read Twilight literally a month before it blew up, so I only loved the books for about 4 months before I was sick of the superficial hype and title that goes with Twilight fans (especially teenage girls such as myself :rolleyes:), but I haven't stopped loving Muse since then. And finding Muse lead me to begin playing guitar (which I absolutely LOVE) and explore new bands and music, so I will always be grateful to Stephenie Meyer for indirectly introducing me to my still favorite band :happy:

PS- I was singing along with IBTY when it came on during New Moon :LOL:

You're probably with me on this, then. It was something that we discovered and told our friends about, and it was sort of a little thing between us. Then the whole thing just freaking exploded overnight, it seemed. It stopped being fun quite some time ago.

Well, I'm not a teenager, but I know how annoying that must be. When I turned 20 the thing I actually saw as positive was that nobody could do the whole "but you're a teenager"-thing. Haha...

But really, things that gets hyped as much as Twilight has and keeps on being, they don't root themselves as deeply in one as other things, because - like you said - it's just superficial, and then it dies down.

Totally with you, there. ^___^ And got annoyed because the verses had been mixed, which is not the way the edit goes.

Archived