i was forced to watch this shit film on thanksgiving with the family....uhgh......

then as i was walking out of the theater a teenie boper chick with a team edward shirt on came up to me and said

"oh my god hey i really love startlight"........

(i had a muse tee on)

i gave her a facepalm and turned to my mom and said "you see what happens when a brillant semi-unknown band is draged through the mud by a stupid vampire twat why did you make me see this thing i wanted to see 2012!" then i walked outside :LOL:

i am awesome :awesome:

you should have seen her and my moms face

You, are awesome. =)

Don't you hate when you mention the name Muse and all the twi-hards freak out and say how much they love Muse... but all they can name is "SMBH" and "IBTY". :facepalm: Jezz I hate twitlight.

The indie kid inside me liked Twilight before it became popular. I went to the Twilight premiere as a Volturi dude whilst all my friends where like OMG Robert *dies* so I left them.

I haven't read Twilight since and am glad, I instead have got into proper vampire novels and anime. Anyways, to the point Twilight = lost it's cool.

Twilight rage = getting old

I know exactly what you mean. I believe that most of the reason I liked it back then was probably because of the fact that it sort of was a novelty. I mean, vampire-books hadn't been the main focus of the literature-world for quite some time, and like I said; I really love vampires.

Around the release of the first movie I was thrilled because it wasn't actually hyped that much here (that came AFTER the release, believe it or not) and there only really was book-fans who had any idea what was going on. It's just that now, it's become such a bloody franchise, and that's not cool. It wasn't cool with Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, it definately wasn't going to be a good idea now either. But of course, as long as the copyright-holders (and I'm not talking about Meyer here) gets their money, they don't care that they're killing something to get it.

My point here, personally, is that now it just felt so damn superficial. I wasn't excited about the second movie at all, and wasn't even planning on seeing it if it hadn't been for the fact that I had promised my friend ages ago I'd go with her.

Officially going back to Vlad, Lestat and Spike now. *omgsquee* :p

I get where everyone's coming from, but i'm one of the rarities that found out about Muse from twilight (dosen't deserve a capital letter :phu:), i'll admit I loved it, but I started listening to all the other Muse songs, and when i'd gone off twilight (and i now hate it) I still thought Muse were made of win, and still do :happy:

I get where everyone's coming from, but i'm one of the rarities that found out about Muse from twilight (dosen't deserve a capital letter :phu:), i'll admit I loved it, but I started listening to all the other Muse songs, and when i'd gone off twilight (and i now hate it) I still thought Muse were made of win, and still do :happy:

Respect. ^___^

I understand all the fans that are annoyed about the wannabe-Muse-fans that originated from the first movie, but I think; if the movie made people aware of Muse (and I know this has been said before, as well as disproved) and they actually thoroughly like the band for other stuff as well as SMBH (and now IBTY, I guess), then I think a lot of "good" fans can come from that. Like you.

But honestly, all of you; is it wrong of me to not be as keen on SMBH BECAUSE of Twilight? :confused: I mean, it's a badass song, but I just connect it so much with twihards squee'ing because of the baseball-scene, and NOT because it's a great song. I don't know, but I really feel like I shouldn't be put of because of that, but I can't help it. :(

Ugh, I hate the 'twimuse' fans, as I call them.

Firstly, I'm not a hater when it comes to Twilight. At first, I thought the books were meh, but I read them and they're cool. Nothing special, but they kept me interested all the time. And I was very happy when I saw that Muse was on the soundtrack, but what I didn't like is how every freaking Twifan started saying how Muse is their favorite band as soon as they heard Supermassive Black Hole. I mean, WTF?

Just because you like ONE song, doesn't mean you're a fan. A-hole.

Anyway, I don't hate on Twilight, or Edward Cullen, or Robert Pattinson (he's actually very.. khm.. :$), but twimuse people need to snap out of it, and get back to listening to Britney and Ashley Tisdale. :rolleyes:

Ugh, I hate the 'twimuse' fans, as I call them.

Firstly, I'm not a hater when it comes to Twilight. At first, I thought the books were meh, but I read them and they're cool. Nothing special, but they kept me interested all the time. And I was very happy when I saw that Muse was on the soundtrack, but what I didn't like is how every freaking Twifan started saying how Muse is their favorite band as soon as they heard Supermassive Black Hole. I mean, WTF?

Just because you like ONE song, doesn't mean you're a fan. A-hole.

Anyway, I don't hate on Twilight, or Edward Cullen, or Robert Pattinson (he's actually very.. khm.. :$), but twimuse people need to snap out of it, and get back to listening to Britney and Ashley Tisdale. :rolleyes:

+1

That was what I wanted to say.

Also, Robert Pattinson has done some pretty awesome indie-films which I adore. Just saying.

I love Muse! and it really pisses me off that there are new muse "fans" because of twilight, they only know supermassive black hole and some of them think that edward sings it!... i hate them! i've been a Muse fan for a long time, i've loved Muse even before that twilight appeared! And I hate that any Muse song is in those movies...

Muse is more than just a song, and that song has a different meaning, is not about vampires... Muse is my favorite band, i love them and i'll always love them but i don't want people to "love" them just for a song that appeared in teen movie...

:stunned:

I hate the twilight Muse fans. I was in Hot Topic the other day, and was commenting that it was about damn time they started carrying Muse stuff. The guy behind the counter commented that "yeah, because of the new twilight movie coming out." I looked him straight in the eye, and said "they should not even be associated with that movie!" bought my shirt and walked out without another word.

+1

That was what I wanted to say.

Also, Robert Pattinson has done some pretty awesome indie-films which I adore. Just saying.

I hear you! He is adorable and talented. :D

But yeah, I don't mind the Muse - Twilight association thing, I just really dislike people who only like Muse because of their songs on the soundtracks.

same exact situation with me :)

i gave her a facepalm and turned to my mom and said "you see what happens when a brillant semi-unknown band is draged through the mud by a stupid vampire twat why did you make me see this thing i wanted to see 2012!" then i walked outside :LOL:

Christ, I'd rather watch Twilight than that pile of piss.

• 3 weeks later...

Stephanie Meyer said she was a Muse fan, didn't she?

Well, I think the worst thing you can doo to your favourite band is to use their songs in your own film. I mean, you never know whether it's good or not, so I think the best thing to do would be not to take the risk to sully the name of the band you love. Maybe she's got such a great opinion about what she did that she thinks she well deserves to use Supermassive Black Hole. Good for her!

I was listening to Muse long before I watched Twilight.

And I actually don't hate Twilight very much..

What I hate is all the Twilighters going on about how much they love Muse.

Then, when I mention a different Muse song to them, the have no idea what I'm on about.

I would definitely like SMBH a lot more if it hadn't been in Twilight.

It's sad that Smeyer dedicated Breaking Dawn to them.

'For my favourite band, very aptly named muse, for inspiring the whole series' or something along those lines. *sigh*

But I'm not too worried. There'll always be a line between the real fans and the fake fans. They probably don't know alot of muse trivia ;)

I recently bought a ticket to a gig, and my twifan neighbour was totally going *OMGOMGOM MSUEEE I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA !!11!!!11* Heh, her dad didn't let her have it (yesss) anyway she probably didn't even know The Resistance actually got released on her birthday.

i do sort of like twilight...not obsessed but it's ok..and i like many of you was a muse fan long before the release of the first twilight film. i understand the anger amongst many muse fans with twilight for the amount of 'fakes' who claim to like muse JUST cause they heard a soundtrack on twilight and yet know nothing else of muse. But to be fair...think of how bands get noticed...i only heard of the big pink before the muse tour cos their song was in an ad! and the same can go for many other bands! so i say if the twilighters indulge in a little muse let them go about it for no ones going to take me alive :p:happy:

Archived