"Musevangelists"

gocanux

Im always recommending Muse from my hairstylist to my optician both of which I gave CDs I burned with various Muse songs...pulled it out of my cd player in the car and gave it to them.lol They both went on to buy Absolution and BHAR. When Im out riding or driving peeps ask me about the Muse decal on my windscreen or rearwindow which has led to more than a few sportbikers or cagers following up on my recommendations.:p

My dentist (of all people) had never heard of Muse, so the day after the concert at the Forum??? I had an appointment. Bad timing, I know, but you know what he did ??? He popped in ABSOLUTION and I got to hear it all the way through some pretty extensive dental work.:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OH ! And he loves them.:D

Evangelist, yes. Just counting....my brother, his wife, their son, my kids, my sons friend, my two brothers in law..........that makes nine. Not bad! Guess my husband doesn't count, cause he found out himself.:LOL::D

Mette-M

birthday/christmas/engagement/thank you presents = muse cd's...you get to spread the love, and if you find out they've already got it you've found another muse buddy!

hmmm, i'm having major dental work done soon, maybe i'll ask if i can have some muse playing...but then maybe i'll start associating muse with the dentist!

Time to revive this thread, in honor of all the My Chemical Romance fans who are now Muse fans! I visited their message board, and most of the posts in the gigs forum raved about how great Muse is, and which Muse CD's to buy, etc. So it seems that their current support role, unjust though it may seem to us enlightened ones, is serving its intended purpose.

We should do the Muse Forum's day out in Cyberspace and visit the MCR forums.

:p in response to the thread, i preach Muse all the time, and bring muse up A LOT into the conversation, but unfortunately my friends are getting a bit pissed off wioth me due to me playing Muse or singing it all the time (hint to others: sing Micro Cuts really loud, it WILL annoy the hell out of everyone within 5 metres off you:D) but I have never been this fanatic about anyother band, i mean 90% of music i listen to is muse...even my mum is blackmailing me to do well in exams so she has to buy me Muse merchandise!!!:p

well to cut this essay short, I just wanna SAY MUSE ARE AWESOME AND ALWAYS WILL BE NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS

AND IF YOU TOO LIKE ME HAVE TURNED YPUR FRIENDS OFF LISTENING TO MUSE....JUST TURN THE MUSIC LOUDER...HAHA:LOL:

I'm dragging my friend (who has never heard of Muse) with me to Wembley.

She will soon be converted.

And I don't use the term 'dragging' lightly. Flying from NYC to London for a band which she's never heard of...it took some convincing.

Jesus! I bet it bloody did! :LOL:

Whoo. What have you threatend her with/promised her?

+1 :LOL::LOL:

....On a side note, Gocanux, we really should meet! I live in Kirkland, and yes, my son and I went to the Oct. show @ the Paramount. He's 10 and it was his first indoor concert. He LOVED it. He tries to get his little friends to like them too. It's tough at that age though.

Strong work on all the conversions! (edited out for length)

My younger son's first concert was Muse too----if you saw a skinny kid STANDING on top of the crowd right in front of Matthew, twice, at the Paramount show, that was Colin! Too bad I didn't know you when we had the pre-release BH&R Listening Party at our house....

I'm dragging my friend (who has never heard of Muse) with me to Wembley. She will soon be converted.

And I don't use the term 'dragging' lightly. Flying from NYC to London for a band which she's never heard of...it took some convincing.

Wow, extra-strong work! And you are right, one concert and she will be a fanatic like the rest of us!

My dentist (of all people) had never heard of Muse, so the day after the concert at the Forum??? I had an appointment. Bad timing, I know, but you know what he did ??? He popped in ABSOLUTION and I got to hear it all the way through some pretty extensive dental work. OH ! And he loves them.:D

Outstanding, Bran; now he can play Muse for people needing comfort during painful procedures! (Colin was listening to Bliss on headphones during a filling, and the novocaine wore off, so he just turned up the Muse and survived!) Hope you are all recovered; dental work is no fun.

I have introduced two of my friends to Muse, one is now obssesed (Like me) and i'm working on the other... he only has Absolution ATM, i'll soon see to that...

Take him to a gig, he'll be hooked...

Heya Mary! And Hiya all the rest of the muse-evangelists!!!

Thanks for alerting me on this thread, Mary. I've actually converted....well.....nobody just yet. Just getting on other peoples nerves with my talk of muse all the time. One colleague admitted to liking some of it. He's the Pink Floyd/Moody Blues fan I'm going to go to Roger Waters with.

The rest just can't be bothered and think I'm totally loony going to see the same band three times in one month!

They may be right, but who cares, eh? Let me be loony. Feels better then being 'normal'.:happy:

As for the kids at school (I teach 12 year olds)...I put on Muse at least twice a week during breaks. Don't get to play much music at school, so....

xxx Mirjam.

It's hard work at times being a Musevangelical as people seem to either have a lot of preconceived ideas about just how much they aren't going to like them or simply haven't heard of them at all. Just where do you start when trying to describe them?

Anyway, am working away stealthily on my bloke; he admitted they were really good live when i made him go and see them under suffrance and even put BH&R on in the car recently of his own free will!!, on his birthday!!

As for my mates, not really getting much of a result there. General vibe being 'too intense and too much drama' . Naturally will keep trying to win the good fight...

I like it that muse are a smallish band - I'm in the south of England and alot of people in my town know of them but not properly. there are a couple of people at work who like them almost as much as me so call me sad but I like having conversations with them about the latest muse interview, gig, album etc & getting really passionate about it but everyone else not knowing who we are talking about

it's so easy to love them if you allow it, the people who don't love them are seriously lacking something beautiful in their lives

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Could not have said it any better, I myself have managed to covert 3 to the power of muse and am working on a 4th, nearly there:D

Done it no.4 is in the bag:LOL: :LOL:

Hello Mary :)

oohh... I remember this old thread!!!

And I'm proud to say that since my lest post here I've changed a lot of my friends to an Muse fans I've met other people that are already love thier music...

continue with the "Musevangelists"!!!

Ortal.

• 2 weeks later...

You are absolutely right about this thread and your post definitely deserves to be shown here...well done!!! :D

I went to see another of my favorite bands, KINKY from Mexico, the other day and they played with Muse last year in San Francisco at the Download festival anyway on their myspace I told them to check out Muse, when I met them in person they actually recognized me from my comment and the next time I saw them I gave them a copy of BHAR, they were ecstatic! I know there's a musevangelist thread somewhere I was just too excited about converting a band to muse!

Archived