"Musevangelists"

gocanux

ooh another muser from texas.

i actually got one of my friends hooked when i started telling him about our anagram fun and all that stuff. and my friend had read about the illuminati, and was intrigued by the fact matt mentioned it. so he then listened to my stuff on our network and got the albums and became a fan after a year of making fun of me for liking muse.

so you never know exactly how to appeal to someone who isn't a fan. it sort of works itself out.

Excellent...let us know how it goes :)

It went great! I was having dinner with two of my friends from high school over the weekend and at one point we were talking about music. I ended up talking a little about Muse and they mentioned that they really liked Time Is Running Out but haven't heard any other songs. So when we went back to my house, I gave them a mix cd (Manuella's mix with a few additions). And it was cool because they got me interested in Tool and I'll be checking them out. Plus I think my dad might like them. He's into rock and when we were talking about music yesterday, I mentioned Muse and he said he liked a few songs but barely ever hears them on the radio. So I think I'm going to have to give him a Muse mix cd when I go home and have him watch the Glastonbury dvd. I don't know if my mom will like them; she's not really into rock and didn't get me the new White Stripes cd for Christmas because 'Satan' is in the title :LOL: .

I am no longer content to Musevangelize one by one: I am now working on the entire Seattle area. I phoned Harms, the "new music" DJ on KNDD/TheEnd, and he will play SMBH at 7:30 PM tonight! [Harms knows me as the MuseMom; I phoned him from Houston right after we found and claimed the first Texas MuseBike.]

Lovely!

A new question:

If someone asks you what Muse is, and you got only ONE song to let him listen, what would that be? And now i'm not asking what song you like the best, but the best muse-defining song. The song that breathes MUSE.

New Born for sure...

Just 'cause it has the two muse signatures : lovely arpeggios and catchy scratchy guitar riff :p

Good point too, it starts calm !

Cause some people risk to block their mind if the song goes too hard too quickly...

But it's not my favourite one... But if i must chose only one song for a neophyte, ok let's take this one :p

Lovely!

A new question:

If someone asks you what Muse is, and you got only ONE song to let him listen, what would that be? And now i'm not asking what song you like the best, but the best muse-defining song. The song that breathes MUSE.

uhmmm that's an interesting question...I'd have to say Citizen Erased :)

Citizen and Newborn are both good choices, especially as both have Matthew playing both guitar and piano. But I think I would have to choose Newborn, as it starts out a bit quiet on piano, then kicks into some amazing rock. (But Citizen performed live brings tears to my eyes, very moving.)

I've been trying to convert my friends one by one, I'll play a Muse song on my iPod (usually New Born or Plug In Baby) and tell them to listen for a minute and they usually listen for the whole song and quite a few more :LOL:

It's actually quite fun spreading the word :D

Well, apparently the Seattle radio listeners liked the song, as it placed 8th on the most requested list only an hour after it was first played. And that is with some stiff competition from new songs by Pearl Jam (a perennial NW favorite, as they are from here) and AFI!

Well, apparently the Seattle radio listeners liked the song, as it placed 8th on the most requested list only an hour after it was first played. And that is with some stiff competition from new songs by Pearl Jam (a perennial NW favorite, as they are from here) and AFI!

That's awesome! Great job Mary!

Excellent Mary!

Now for all you New Jersians out there, including you Dave, I have sent it to 98.5 and 106.3 and Brian said they would play it at 9pm (day? not sure) but be on the look out if it goes into the request playlist or just call asking for it :)

Lovely!

A new question:

I always show Stockholm Syndrome to anyone i'd like to present Muse! :)

but yeah...Citizen Erased is a nice piece!

I always show Stockholm Syndrome to anyone i'd like to present Muse! :)

but yeah...Citizen Erased is a nice piece!

It took me a long time to appreciate Citizen Erased. New Born was the first Muse song I heard - luckily no one warned me to place my table in the upright position and hold on to anything breakable!

HAHHAAH

YOU DIDNT TELL ME ABOUT THAT PART!

it was so funny

lindsey was like OMG BRIAN THE END IS PLAYING SOME NEW MUSE SONG!

i replied "lindsey, i know, my mom is the one who sent it to Harms"

she just laughed and said "why am i not surprised?"

HAHHAAH

YOU DIDNT TELL ME ABOUT THAT PART!

it was so funny

lindsey was like OMG BRIAN THE END IS PLAYING SOME NEW MUSE SONG!

i replied "lindsey, i know, my mom is the one who sent it to Harms"

she just laughed and said "why am i not surprised?"

Seattle listeners definitely like the new song: it placed 4th Tuesday and 6th Wednesday in requests for the day! And near as I can tell, TheEnd is the only US station playing it, and the WB people really don't care.

I made an inadvertent Muse conversion this week.

Two members of 30Seconds to Mars are major Muse fans (they were very appreciative of some live Muse on CD/DVD I gave them after their concert recently), so I PM'd someone on their board with the mp3's of the three new Muse songs. She made them into a CD to give to Matt W and Tomo at the 30STM concert tomorrow. But the 30STM fan absolutely LOVED the Muse songs, and now is madly seeking Muse!

Makes me wonder how many people will discover Muse via the new CD, and will consider those whose Musefandom dates from Absolution as oldtimers?

• 1 month later...

There should be some kind of Musevangelist of the Month award, and I will nominate "harms", the New Music DJ and music director at 107.7/TheEnd in Seattle. He is converting the whole city! KOC has been number one in requests every day for a couple of weeks, ever since it debuted.

Guest Albert03

I'm currently working on it with my wife, not so much to convert her as to get her to truly appreciate them. I'm taking her to the Phoenix show in July and I have a feeling it will work wonders. For non-Muse fans, they're pretty good on record, but the live shows are what rock the pants off of 'em.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Made another convert this week; still amazes me that people here in the US are not familiar with Muse. My son Colin brought a couple of friends up to the lake with us, and one kid had really only heard TIRO on the radio. So we played the Glasto DVD (on the kickass surround sound system my husband bought; never let that man in Best Buy with a credit card!), then played BH&R in the car to and from Snakes on a Plane premiere, and the unsuspecting lad was hooked! So he will be coming with us to the Paramount on October 4. One by one....

So he will be coming with us to the Paramount on October 4. One by one....
Cheers! :D I watched Glasto DVD at Ocean5's place, too, with a kickass sound, and it was brilliant! Good to have someone who doesn't discourage about the volume when it comes to Muse.

For my end, I made a Muse community in Japanese MySpace kind of place. People who are interested in Muse visit, read, join and discuss about Muse. I think I'm being useful for passing info for those who are not fluent in foreign langueage. :D

Archived