"Musevangelists"

gocanux

Of course we all appreciate you! It's just that you are on a higher intellectual plane, and also that many people have no working knowledge of Latin. But keep up those contemporary Roman conversions too; not too many of the ancients around these days! (Cicerone was our hotel in Rome!)

im constantly trying to get people to listen to muse, alot of them are put off by Matt's singing (something i cannot understand AT ALL) but when most of them realise why im so bloody obsessed by Muse they start loving them too

Strong work, Devonboy! I too have found that some people are put off by Matthew's voice, especially the falsetto parts. So it's best to introduce them to the more accessible songs like TIRO, Hysteria or B&H, then move up to Microcuts and others where Matthew uses his incredible voice as an instrument.

[brian, stop shouting! Didn't your mother ever tell you that it's not polite?? Of course I did!!]

Guest Suzie.

Disclaimer: this isn't what happened verbatim, as i don't really memorise conversations i've had throughout the day, but for the most part, it's what went down...

*me listening to my mp3 player*

*annoying chick comes up to me*

girl - Hey! What are you listening to?!

me - go awaaaaaaaaaaaaay. :(

girl - So...What are you listening to?!

me - the radio.

girl - That's kind of silly. But you have an mp3 player. Why are you listening to the radio?!

me - because i can.

girl - WELL. I want to tell you about my favourite band.

me - :stunned: GO AWAY.

girl - Nooo. You'll really like them. I promise!

me - ...fine. just. say their name and go away..i'll google them later or something.

girl - WELL. They are called MUSE! And i think they should be your favourite band too because they are so oh my god they are SOOO amazing and *lol* the lead singer is really hot! :D

me - ...

*huge pause with me trying to take everything in*

me - so. erm. who is the lead singer?

girl - I think his name is Domino. NO! Wait. *lol* That was the movie i was watching last night. UM. I think his name is like. Dom or something. Well. It's one out of Matt, Craig, and Dom so. yeah. One of those. *lol*

me - :stunned:

what. the. fuck.

if you're going to preach about a band, MYOOZEY at that, then atleast get your facts right. :indiff:

i wonder if she's a member of this board. :erm:

i'd brick her in the face.

its by a ska/punk band called the Suicide Machines

however, this song is a little more on the hardcore side

i don't think you'd enjoy it haha

i used to love 'em. now. i think i hate them. funny how that works.

its by a ska/punk band called the Suicide Machines

however, this song is a little more on the hardcore side

i don't think you'd enjoy it haha

no more ska/punk :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Brian, we'll just hold out til the Muse CD, thank you. (Manuella, hardcore is just a "nice" term for screaming!)

:LOL::LOL:

Disclaimer: this isn't what happened verbatim, as i don't really memorise conversations i've had throughout the day, but for the most part, it's what went down...

me - the radio.

girl - That's kind of silly. But you have an mp3 player. Why are you listening to the radio?!

me - because i can.

me - ...fine. just. say their name and go away..i'll google them later or something.

girl - WELL. They are called MUSE! And i think they should be your favourite band too because they are so oh my god they are SOOO amazing and *lol* the lead singer is really hot! :D

me - ...

girl - I think his name is Domino. NO! Wait. *lol* That was the movie i was watching last night. UM. I think his name is like. Dom or something. Well. It's one out of Matt, Craig, and Dom so. yeah. One of those. *lol*

what. the. fuck.

if you're going to preach about a band, MYOOZEY at that, then atleast get your facts right. :indiff:

you should have schooled her. been like, "um yes muse. matt would be pissed that you said he wasn't the lead singer, but would giggle like a school girl at the fact you called him domino. i think i'm going to tell him."

me - the radio.

me - because i can.

me - ...

what. the. fuck.

HAHAHAHHA. if someone ever said something like that to me

i'd give them a half an hour lecture about how there could not possibly be a dumber person in existence, at which point i would bludgeon them to death with a large fish.

+the suicide machines are amazing :) <3

HAHAHAHHA. if someone ever said something like that to me i'd give them a half an hour lecture about how there could not possibly be a dumber person in existence, at which point i would bludgeon them to death with a large fish.

Of course you must prelude the bludgeoning with a Fish Slapping Dance!

(Brian, it was nearly 3 AM --- go to sleep!)

I'm hanging out with two of my friends from high school this weekend, and am going to try and get them to listen to Muse when I see them! Maybe I'll make a mix cd with some of the more accessible songs or have them listen to one of the live cd's.

I'm hanging out with two of my friends from high school this weekend, and am going to try and get them to listen to Muse when I see them! Maybe I'll make a mix cd with some of the more accessible songs or have them listen to one of the live cd's.

There are several suggestions for mixes earlier in this thread. Warning: the Muse uninitiated usually don't "get" Microcuts!

There are several suggestions for mixes earlier in this thread. Warning: the Muse uninitiated usually don't "get" Microcuts!

Ok, I think I saw Manuella's mix; maybe I'll try that one then!

whatever you do make it subtle. and then if they don't say anything, be like, hey check out this song. usually when i play muse in the car and we're not really talking, my friend will be like, who is this?

their music speaks for itself. :)

whatever you do make it subtle. and then if they don't say anything, be like, hey check out this song. usually when i play muse in the car and we're not really talking, my friend will be like, who is this?

their music speaks for itself. :)

Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a shot; I don't know anyone else besides everyone on here obviously who likes Muse! I was at a party last weekend and my one friend who I told about Muse borrowed my cd's, she had her iTunes on shuffle, so I was scrolling through and saw other cd's I have, but no Muse :'( !

I'm flattered ...good luck with your musevangelizing

Good mix Manuella! Only I'm adding a couple songs: Sunburn, Citizen Erased, and Feeling Good :) !

I've been hanging out with some buddies the past two weeks, I've gotten them to like Muse, RHCP, Metallica, and Iron Maiden. They hate Microcuts. They like almost everything else by Muse at least out of the stuff I've shown them; SS, TSP, Hysteria, New Born, Hyper Music, and they just love Plug In Baby. They love Chris' skills. And they also like Matt's skills. But they've never really payed any attention to Dom's skills.

Archived