"Musevangelists"

gocanux

I'd love to follow them from city to city! That would be too fun.

Reading it that way I feel like such a stalker!!!!1 :LOL:

My view is "if I'm spending a 1000$ on a trip to the US, I might as well make the most of it and go to as many shows as possible!".. and I even managed to squeeze in a week in New York and a some spare time in Hollywood! lol

But anyway, Texas was amusing and most tiring. The unfortunate bit is I didn't actually get to see Texas at all. I wasn't planning on doing all 3 shows but some of my fave bands at the time were doing Edgefest and I felt so obliged to go.. And I know one of the dudes from MCR quite well personally so I want to go to both their shows.. anyway, it was tiring!!

Reading it that way I feel like such a stalker!!!!1 :LOL:

My view is "if I'm spending a 1000$ on a trip to the US, I might as well make the most of it and go to as many shows as possible!".. and I even managed to squeeze in a week in New York and a some spare time in Hollywood! lol

But anyway, Texas was amusing and most tiring. The unfortunate bit is I didn't actually get to see Texas at all. I wasn't planning on doing all 3 shows but some of my fave bands at the time were doing Edgefest and I felt so obliged to go.. And I know one of the dudes from MCR quite well personally so I want to go to both their shows.. anyway, it was tiring!!

That's the way to go! Shows are a must. :happy: Texas is pretty cool...well, at least the bigger cities are. El Paso is pretty much part of New Mexico, really. lol

You do? Which guy? My friend is obsessed with them.

• 2 weeks later...

My son is busy converting his friends, the ones who aren't already in our camp. When they're over playing Halo 3 or whatever, he puts on his iTunes and the Muse songs creep into their subconscious. And it seems to be working!

(BTW if you have been sniped or assassinated on Halo 3 by Bart Cubbins, that's my boy! Makes a momma proud...)

That's just it, people think they know Muse, and maybe they haven't heard their music, or just SMBH or some such on the radio. But a cleverly crafted mix CD can open them up to the wonderful world of Muse as we know it! And then one live concert and they are hooked for life!:D

I have trouble getting people to listen to Muse. I mean, I certainly don't badger people about it. But occasionally if the topic of music comes up I'll bring up Muse or suggest that they check their myspace out.

Then Vegoose happened and and my friends couldn't stop raving about how good their live set was. It was really easy from then on. All I did was offer to burn them copies of OOS and Absolution.

:happy:

Other than that, I really don't "preach" to anyone about them. I figure people are sufficient enough to find good music on their own.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Costco tonite to get an iPod speaker system for a Christmas gift for .....the techie guy there was showing me the systems, and plugged in his own iPod...set right to Starlight! He knew all the Muse CD's, even Showbiz (hey,this is the US, home of the Starlighter!). And he has never seen Muse in concert, so I gave him some links to look up, told him how ridiculously nice the band are to meet, and he is now even more into seeing them live the next time they tour...

• 2 months later...

My friend Lila, when I taught her how to play sunburn on the piano :happy: - oh and when she saw a pic of spiderdom on my computer :LOL:

My friend Emma, because she's my best friend and couldn't help being converted :p

My friend Edie - converted by a combination of me and another friend :D

And a friend of a friend named Tina. We started talking about music and I just happened to have my cds with me so I put them on and she was instantly converted :happy: (she said she liked Muse because they 'had guts' :D)

my older sister is half converted

and hopfully on tuesday so will my cousin becky

my cousin glen is converted

and my school friend vicky

and ive tried converting my friend Sarah but it didnt work:(

ooh and my grandma thought Matthew was a handsome looking young man:chuckle

hmm i thought this said who have you converted to muslimism:LOL:

I thought it was someone takin the piss out of that frodo dude

Had to bump this thread, as someone had started a new one on the same topic. Here are the posts from that one:

My friend Lila, when I taught her how to play sunburn on the piano :happy: - oh and when she saw a pic of spiderdom on my computer :LOL:

My friend Emma, because she's my best friend and couldn't help being converted :p

My friend Edie - converted by a combination of me and another friend :D

And a friend of a friend named Tina. We started talking about music and I just happened to have my cds with me so I put them on and she was instantly converted :happy: (she said she liked Muse because they 'had guts' :D)

my older sister is half converted

and hopfully on tuesday so will my cousin becky

my cousin glen is converted

and my school friend vicky

and ive tried converting my friend Sarah but it didnt work:(

ooh and my grandma thought Matthew was a handsome looking young man:chuckle

hmm i thought this said who have you converted to muslimism:LOL:

I thought it was someone takin the piss out of that frodo dude

My son has been gradually converting all of his friends, who mostly listen to crap, oh yeah, I mean rap. We brought 2 to the SF concert, so they are lifetime Muse addicts now. The other day he was playing Citizen Erased in the car and his friend, a usually too cool kid, showed Colin that he had goosebumps on his arms! (CE does the same thing to me....) And another kid heard a few live songs and kept yelling, "You have changed my life!" Welcome to the club, son!

I'm in the process of (accidentally) converting my 5-year-old niece. She's been hearing me play Muse a lot lately, and she is now able to identify Matt. She saw a video of them while I was watching it, and she later saw a picture of Matt on my wall and said, "Hey, he was on the computer!" She then stared at him for a few seconds and said, "I like his face." :happy: She's the best.

I swear my mom's going to end up liking them one of these days, too. I told her she might as well give in considering how often she hears their music.

I'm in the process of (accidentally) converting my 5-year-old niece. She's been hearing me play Muse a lot lately, and she is now able to identify Matt. She saw a video of them while I was watching it, and she later saw a picture of Matt on my wall and said, "Hey, he was on the computer!" She then stared at him for a few seconds and said, "I like his face." :happy: She's the best.

I swear my mom's going to end up liking them one of these days, too. I told her she might as well give in considering how often she hears their music.

Smart kid!

BTW I like your username; incredible film....

meh, all my 4yrold niece likes is mika and the sugababes

or should I say A Mika and the Sugarbabies as she likes to call them:rolleyes:

ive tried converting her but she says its too loud:stunned:

I have heard of Mika, but haven't heard his music; over here, Sugarbabies are candy!

Maybe try converting someone a bit older!

Ah, Requiem for a Dream, or as they say in South Park, "Drugs are bad, m'kay?"

800px-Requiem_for_a_Dream_screenshot_1.jpg

I'm trying to get my sister to like Muse, or at least appreciate why I love them. So far she's asked me how their lives shows are. Right now she only likes KoC and Butterflies and Hurricanes. I should make her a playlist for her iPod.

Good idea, the music will creep into her consciousness and take over!

(Chino, eh? We used to go to a great Mexican restaurant there, killer food! My son goes to school in Claremont, not too far)

Smart kid!

BTW I like your username; incredible film....

Thanks. :yesey: It is a great movie.

Eh, some people just don't like them. I tried converting my other niece (she's 10), but she doesn't like it at all. She says it's not even real music. :rolleyes: Psh. 10-year-olds.

My other niece always tends to get into whatever I like, though. She's extremely attached to me. :p

Good idea, the music will creep into her consciousness and take over!

(Chino, eh? We used to go to a great Mexican restaurant there, killer food! My son goes to school in Claremont, not too far)

I have to get to her somehow, she did send me a picture message right now. My sister beat my Guitar Hero record on KoC. It's a start, I guess.

I've lived in Chino for almost 11 years, it's quite boring. What Mexican restaurant did you go to? I know the Claremont colleges area well, I used to a bar and one of the coffee shops out there. Plus Rhino Records is out there too, I like that area.

i managed to convert a few people on the powderfinger forum

also trying to convert the rest of my work mates

Powderfinger? Aussie band? (Never heard of them)

Can you play Muse at work?

I have met lots of Musers on forums for other bands/artists. There is a huge overlap with 30 Seconds to Mars fans, lots of Echelon Musers; even met quite a few on the Rufus Wainwright forum. Musers are everywhere!

Archived