"Musevangelists"

gocanux

I've preached Muse to just about all my friends :LOL: I got two into liking them, but stricly only the songs I buned for them. Which means, they haven't really dwelled into the abyss of the Muser World, but only got a brief taste.

That sounded pretty weird :LOL:

The rest of my friends have learned to tune me out each time the words "Muse", "Matthew Bellamy" or "HAARP" came out of my mouth :D

Powderfinger? Aussie band? (Never heard of them)

Can you play Muse at work?

I have met lots of Musers on forums for other bands/artists. There is a huge overlap with 30 Seconds to Mars fans, lots of Echelon Musers; even met quite a few on the Rufus Wainwright forum. Musers are everywhere!

never heard of them??

i guess my american friend trying to convince them to tour will never get her wish then

work tends to play nothing but 90s pop divas with a few boy bands thrown into the mix lately- my conversion tactics involve my singing, constant muse rambling and the ever constant presence of my muse hoodie

never heard of them??

i guess my american friend trying to convince them to tour will never get her wish then

work tends to play nothing but 90s pop divas with a few boy bands thrown into the mix lately- my conversion tactics involve my singing, constant muse rambling and the ever constant presence of my muse hoodie

You must sing better than I do---if I sang Muse at work, people would run screaming for the exits!

Just because no one in the US has heard of Powderfinger doesn't mean that they shouldn't tour! I went to Editors' show in Seattle recently; their stuff is never played on the radio here, I only had heard of them via my UK Muser friends. But the place was packed! Small (1000 person) venue, the same kind Muse played here in 2004. Or, they should tour here in support of a "name" band---The Living End did that for Jet and the Vines, and most people at the show liked TLE the best! (The fact that they weren't so drunk that they couldn't remember their own songs, like the headliners were, was in their favor!)

I have made some friends here by wearing my Muse hoodie----the few people who recognize the name. I gave one guy and his fiance a pair of free tix I won to Muse's concert in Seattle last fall---he knew the music a little bit, but of course now is a die-hard Muser! One concert, and they're hooked for life!

You must sing better than I do---if I sang Muse at work, people would run screaming for the exits!

Just because no one in the US has heard of Powderfinger doesn't mean that they shouldn't tour! I went to Editors' show in Seattle recently; their stuff is never played on the radio here, I only had heard of them via my UK Muser friends. But the place was packed! Small (1000 person) venue, the same kind Muse played here in 2004. Or, they should tour here in support of a "name" band---The Living End did that for Jet and the Vines, and most people at the show liked TLE the best! (The fact that they weren't so drunk that they couldn't remember their own songs, like the headliners were, was in their favor!)

I have made some friends here by wearing my Muse hoodie----the few people who recognize the name. I gave one guy and his fiance a pair of free tix I won to Muse's concert in Seattle last fall---he knew the music a little bit, but of course now is a die-hard Muser! One concert, and they're hooked for life!

i agree that they should tour and get their name out

but i don't think they recieved a good reception last time they played the US

the vines frontman was always drunk/stoned when he played so i'm not suprised there- although the living end are awesome live

same with the editors here- i saw them last year at a music festival here and they were so good

here you tend to see a few muse hoodies/tshirts around they're pretty popular here- i was talking to one of the guys i worked with about the muse live show (after he saw my hoodie)- his friend had gone and kept talking about how amazing it was

no one's run screaming yet- i mean if they can put up with my boss's singing mine shouldn't scare them

I've deff converted my cousin after lastnight, she wants me to do a cd for her, and this comes from the girl who said they were crap:LOL:

anyone know what songs I should put on the cd?:unsure:

So far I have

B&H

KoC

Space Dementia

TIRO

Micro Cuts

Map of P

Cave

Showbiz

Hysteria

Blackout

Glorious

Any other ideas?

I've deff converted my cousin after lastnight, she wants me to do a cd for her, and this comes from the girl who said they were crap:LOL:

So far I have

B&H

KoC

Space Dementia

TIRO

Micro Cuts

Map of P

Cave

Showbiz

Hysteria

Blackout

Glorious

Any other ideas?

Citizen Erased, of course! PiB? Hypermusic AND Hyper Chondriac Music? :p New Born.

How many more do you need?

So far I have

B&H

KoC

Space Dementia

TIRO

Micro Cuts

Map of P

Cave

Showbiz

Hysteria

Blackout

Glorious

Any other ideas?

Very good list but I guess it depends on what kind of music she likes. Like Muscle Museum, Plug in Baby, New Born, Stockholm Syndrome seem like obvious choices but she might not appreciate them. Anyway, mine would include those, plus TSP, Exo-Politics. And Recess and Thoughts.. and In Your World?

Oh dear, might have to do a double CD.

Very good list but I guess it depends on what kind of music she likes. Like Muscle Museum, Plug in Baby, New Born, Stockholm Syndrome seem like obvious choices but she might not appreciate them. Anyway, mine would include those, plus TSP, Exo-Politics. And Recess and Thoughts.. and In Your World?

Oh dear, might have to do a double CD.

I might just copy all the albums and b-sides for her to give her an idea of how AMAZIN there gonna be at V when we both go:happy:

I might just copy all the albums and b-sides for her to give her an idea of how AMAZIN there gonna be at V when we both go:happy:

Now that's the idea!

If you're making a CD and she likes the mellower stuff, don't forget Bliss, Feeling Good, and Unintended. And Endlessly. And Falling Away With You. And Hoodoo. And .....:D

Citizen Erased, of course! PiB? Hypermusic AND Hyper Chondriac Music? :p New Born.

How many more do you need?

I don´t think it´s a good idea to throw all the good songs at her right away. She needs to discover some good ones once she´s a fan.

It also depends on the type of girl. If she likes pop music, she´s going to say ´WTF!´ if the first thing you show her is this. For people who listen to mainstream music usually Plug In Baby, TIRO, Hysteria and Bliss are good songs. New Born is too awesome, she needs to discover that herself. :)

I didn´t like Microcuts and Citizen Erased the first time I heard them. They had to ´grow on me´, and that doesn´t work if you´d want to give me a first impression of Muse. It depends on what kind of music she's used to I guess.

I don´t think it´s a good idea to throw all the good songs at her right away. She needs to discover some good ones once she´s a fan.

It also depends on the type of girl. If she likes pop music, she´s going to say ´WTF!´ if the first thing you show her is this. For people who listen to mainstream music usually Plug In Baby, TIRO, Hysteria and Bliss are good songs. New Born is too awesome, she needs to discover that herself. :)

I didn´t like Microcuts and Citizen Erased the first time I heard them. They had to ´grow on me´, and that doesn´t work if you´d want to give me a first impression of Muse. It depends on what kind of music she's used to I guess.

Actually, you're right. I really had to get used to Matt's voice before I liked Micro Cuts, since that one's so high. And I didn't like CE at first, either, for some reason. I mean, I liked it, but I didn't think it was all that great. Then I actually listened to it. :p

If you're going for the mainstream thing, like Povuholo said, you can add Starlight. Sure, it's not their best song, but it's something she might recognize.

Must agree about Microcuts, took me a little while to get into. But now, wow!

And Matthew still has it; in Seattle it was an incredible performance; love the audience response at Wembley!

http://www.veoh.com/search.html?type=&search=gocanux&advSearch=-ingestSourceName%3A%28pixsy+crawldb%29

Strangely enough, Stockholm Syndrome took a while to grow on me, but once I heard it live, well, that was it, wasn't it!

What I've done at work here (almost everyone likes Muse here now :D) is make a "best of" singles CD like this:

Muscle Museum

Unintended

Plug in Baby

Newborn

Bliss

Feeling Good

TIRO

Hysteria

SS

B&H

SFA

Knights

Starlight

SBH

Invincible

MOTP

Then once they are hooked on that, I ask if they would like more. I start w/ Abso then throw in some Showbiz and OOS then lastly BH&R. That works wonders. Most people I knows favorites tend to be MM, TIRO & Hysteria, sometimes Unitended. ;)

i'm sending a bunch of music to a guy at work who insists on singing us james blunt

so i got a couple of other bands- mostly australian- expatriate, kisschasy, powderfinger, plus a few random tracks

i didn't want to overload him on one artist i did my top three absolution tracks- time is running out, stockholme syndrome and butterflies and hurricanes- plus i'm throwing in some OOS tracks- hopefully that'll be another convert

i only skipped hysteria which is my favorite song early in the morning cause i didn't want to overload him on a heavy song- cause he's not really into rock at all

when i asked my friend what music i should give him to stop his james blunt singing she told me i should tie him down and play him stockholme syndrome over and over- good idea but i might have gotten in trouble if i tried it

Not sure the bondage thing is a good idea! And if he likes James Blunt, he may be hopeless, but it's worth a go. But try Apocalypse Please; that was the first Muse song I ever heard, and between the piano, the vocal, the melody and the lyrics, I was hooked instantly, and the rest, as they say, is history!

Not sure the bondage thing is a good idea! And if he likes James Blunt, he may be hopeless, but it's worth a go. But try Apocalypse Please; that was the first Muse song I ever heard, and between the piano, the vocal, the melody and the lyrics, I was hooked instantly, and the rest, as they say, is history!

i don't think he really likes james blunt as much as he likes torturing us

thanks for the suggestions

Trying my damned hardest to introduce my little sisters to Muse. It's all ok listening to Leona Lewis, Girls Aloud and all, but due to the area/school they go to I'm pretty sure they wont get to hear music like this until much later if at all. Starlight, Invincible and SfA helps a lot as they're so easy to sing along to, the youngest who's 6 loves Invincible now, sings it all the time now, and I feel so happy :) Hopefully they'll start listening to their other songs, when they get into rock/alternative music more.

My friend hates Muse, me and my other friend watched the DVD round her flat today and later at uni my friend was telling her I got the DVD and she was like "Muse, is so like 16 years ago.." I was like what?! and then she goes "well my friend liked MUSE, she played their music all the time when I was 16, thats like ages ago.. why would I want to listen to them now" :wtf: Must bring back bad memories or something!?

all my friends hate muse.

i dont know anyone who likes them.

it sucks.

they like fergie and that soldier boy song.

>_>

I'm having the same problem! :( As soon as I play them a Muse song, their reaction is something like, 'WTF?' and then they go away. And start singing crap like Soulja Boy :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived