"Musevangelists"

gocanux

Converting people is easy is you choose the right song to do so.

When my mate told me he was listening to "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" I sent him the Muse cover of it and he loved it !

Most of the time my "musevangelism" consists of giving copies of b-faces or live stuff, to enlarge their vision of the band (the people I know usually already know at least the singles)

My only failure is my dad. I liked Showbiz but not the other albums :(

I also managed to convert our realtor and his buddy, a couple of my husband's hockey buddies, and our friend from Chicago, by playing a Muse mix during the poker game at our house last night! These people are mostly 40-50 yrs old, raised on classic rock, and now love Muse! The new album and the old stuff live were major hits.

it's strange that my brother likes some of the new songs.

It's just... wrong.

Incredibly

My Dad likes Muse, well he likes the New Album. Dunno if its a good thing or a bad thing :LOL:

Incredibly

My Dad likes Muse, well he likes the New Album. Dunno if its a good thing or a bad thing :LOL:

And just how could that be a bad thing??

My husband's friend, who just turned 50, is now a definite Muser. We were all out on the deck by the lake, having some dinner, when a live version of Hysteria came on. Leo briefly disappeared inside, and then the volume was noticeably louder! Another convert; I will have to send him some burned CD's of live Muse this week....

Well, i've managed to introduce many bands to my best friend, including Muse, and she has taken to all of them! :happy:

She burns the music onto her computer from my CD's, then she puts it on her MP3 player and voila! Another Muse fan. So far she loves Take A Bow and Stockholm Syndrome mostly.

My sister also seems impressed with the music i get into. She wants some Muse on her Mp3 player, but has no room! :LOL: Her loss.

I would LOVE to make either my dad or one of my sisters a Muse fan...

My dad bought the Live 8 Concert, and when I told him "Muse is coming, Muse is coming" he played just like 10 secs of the song and changed it :(. Instead he played UB40 :mad:. Bah... I have big hopes...

Although between some friends I made new fans. The most important was with my best friend. She has the 4 albums like moi and she really likes their music :). She even made me a gift: seh grabbed a bunch of videos and recorded them on a video cd for my b-day :)

My brother loves Muse. :happy: But he was the one that got me into them so... ;)

My mum listened to some of the stuff on Abso and City of Delusion and she really liked it. :eek: I've also recently 'converted' some of my friends. You don't get many unaware 14 year olds that love Muse. :rolleyes:

And just how could that be a bad thing??

it is when u have an embrassasing dad, one who does grandad jigs and tries to be cool :LOL:

Ive got about 3 people into muse, altho I wish I got them into Muse earlier - cause they want to go to the UK Gigs now, and most have sold out :(

I'm 36, and when I was at the Greek, in LA, to see Muse w/ a friend my age, we knew that we were some of the oldest people there.

He'd never heard of Muse until then, but he loved the concert.

Glad to know your parents like Muse. If it was my Mom I'd be flabbergasted;)

I'm 36, and when I was at the Greek, in LA, to see Muse w/ a friend my age, we knew that we were some of the oldest people there.

He'd never heard of Muse until then, but he loved the concert.

Glad to know your parents like Muse. If it was my Mom I'd be flabbergasted;)

Well, I guess I'm not quite old enough to be your mom, but I can tell you that you were far from the oldest Muser at the Greek! The music of Muse is not bound by age, or geography; just the love of great music!

And on topic of Musevangelizing, I worked on converting the families of my son's soccer team yesterday. We had our annual team BBQ at our lake place, and of course Muse featured prominently in the mix on my iPod that we played all day. Several of the parents mentioned that they liked this song or that one; who knows, maybe I made a few new Musers! And I think the boys should listen to Invincible before matches: together we are invincible!

My dad who is a sixty-one year old architect in Japan with a library of over 6000 cds became a fan recently:happy:

Now we have a Japanese MuseDad!

I spotted a thread about "other Inland Invasion Bands" on the 30 Seconds to Mars forum last week, and of course posted my treatise on why Muse is great. Here's one response:

So I bought "Black Holes and Revelations" yesterday (since I assume they will be playing a lot from this album). First impression - the cover art is VERY Pink Floydish. The music is pretty darn good. My first thought was "Coldplay"... which isn't a bad thing, in my opinion. I will continue to listen and probably buy some of their older stuff.

Anyway, thank you for suggesting them.

So Muse may gather some new fans, who come to festivals to see other bands; guess that's the whole idea!

How many times I tried to convert all people I know to Muse, I can't tell...

I tried everything, but nothing worked out. My sister hates their music (but she's the one who likes Michael Bolton and similar, it's impossible with her, I think), my bf the same.

Now I really don't mind a fuck, I love them, that's all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Seattle show was so amazing that it made lots of converts! We brought a Jesuit priest who teaches at my son's high school; he likes Absolution but hadn't yet heard the new CD. He was blown away! The next day he was on Amazon ordering everything Muse he could find.

We also brought Ms Wolstenholme, no relation to Chris. She knew nothing of Muse but came out of curiosity, and now has a new favorite band!

Is it just me, or do all of you make efforts to expose people to Muse and increase their fanbase? I was in surgery this morning, where we usually chitchat about all sorts of things, and the trainee tech said she liked Muse but only had heard Absolution. As you must know, Showbiz is rarely found here and OOS was never released in the US. So later I ran down to my car and found a couple of extra burned copies of those CD's for this gal. A couple of days ago I made copies for my son's friend. If people haven't heard the music, they hear it with us, we supply them with CD's, and most go on to be fans. One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

I thought this was just a US Musefan phenomenon, but londoner's post in the WTF thread makes me think this is a pretty common occurence. Do you all preach the "gospel according to Matthew"? (Sorry for the irreverance, couldn't help myself)

ABSOLUTELY I evangelize for Muse. My co-workers call me a "near-groupie" and all I've failed to do is have sex with the band. I'm a guy and straight, so that will never happen. LOL!

Archived