"Musevangelists"

gocanux

So you were right behind Tom Kirk! I was over to the right, in the handicap seats, as my friend had recently had major surgery and couldn't stand in the pit all that time.

Yes, right on the aisle. My bro spoke to a couple folks to the right, it may have been y'all? I remember him speaking to a man with dark hair. So close, but yet so far!

I've put on OOS at a party last night, but got no convertions.

Lots of people doesn't like good music, it's a matter of fact.

:LOL: yeah, I know the problem. I told my friend about Muse and she was like;"WTF, how can you call that music?!?". But I'm having progress. Last she said she liked "super massive blackhole" a little..

• 1 month later...
Went to the Newcastle gig last night and it was absolutely brilliant! My friend came with me who is 50. She hadn't heard a Muse song before, she wanted to go to the gig blind. She took videos of some of the songs and she had watched them earlier today. She said she watched Knights of Cydonia and has been humming it ever since, and she also really likes Invinsible. Her words "yes they are good, had a great weekend and will definitely do more gigs". She now understands why I have been talking constantly about Muse for the last few months. She needs more time but I may have a convert!

{from forwen; boosted this from another thread, seemed an appropriate addition here! Much Musevangelization going on these days!}

I don't bother converting people, it only means in years to come, Muse will have to play gigs in bigger arenas, to more fans and playing the same songs at every gig so all fans get to hear them. If they fanbase stays smaller, it seems more dedicated and they'll know they're trully getting appreciated. Not just some casual rockers who think Muse are the best thing that has ever happened to punk rock... lol

It'll make no sense I tell ya! No sense!:eek:

I don't bother converting people, it only means in years to come, Muse will have to play gigs in bigger arenas, to more fans and playing the same songs at every gig so all fans get to hear them. If they fanbase stays smaller, it seems more dedicated and they'll know they're trully getting appreciated. Not just some casual rockers who think Muse are the best thing that has ever happened to punk rock... lol

It'll make no sense I tell ya! No sense!:eek:

Yes I totally agree with you. I first took an interest in music when I was 7, 31 years ago. I enjoy all different kinds, never took much notice of lyrics, I just feel the music. I took my friend to the gig because she follows another band and I go with her all the time, she was just returning the favour. Quite a shock that she enjoyed Muse as much as she did. It's worked out good for me obviously. I do know that she will never be into them as much as me. I only discovered Muse a few months ago, and I'm so disappointed I missed them over the years. I'm not a casual rocker, Muse are with me for life now. I have never been so taken by a band like this before, they are very special to me. I was just saying to my friend yesterday exactly what you've said. I'm the same, I don't want them to get anymore popular either, It's selfish but you just want to keep them to yourself and the people who really appreciate them. I do love other singers and bands but Muse have just overtaken them all.

Don't worry all the casual rockers will filter through, and the true fans will remain! :)

• 1 month later...

I have made a rather unlikely conversion to the wonders of Muse: my 61-year-old sister! Her musical tastes run to the very conservative, with Sarah Brightman, Il Divo, Barry Manilow (!!) and Opera Chicks at the top of her list. She visited here in early July and I had just obtained the bootleg version of BH&R, which of course I listened to incessantly in the car. She kinda liked Starlight, and the catchy beat of Supermassive Black Hole, so I gave her the CD for Christmas: she loves it! Muse reminds her a bit of Queen, in a good way----I think she is ready for Absolution, as she already likes Butterflies and Hurricanes. Then it will be time to take the old girl to a Muse concert so she can see them at their best!

Hey, finally I found the musevangelist thread !! LOL

Well, as I said in the Paris Bercy thread, I am a brand new converted despite the fact that I knew Muse a very long time ago, since Muscle Museum. I really liked this song, but I never made the effort to know much more. I heard a few singles on French radios, but I can't now remember which ones...

At one time in France, everybody around me was saying Muse is great, my boyfriend told me that for almost a year, but, I am really stubborn and didn't want to hear something everybody was loving ! LOL :p I was very wrong LOL, but not stubborn enough to refuse tickets for Bercy a few weeks ago ! Only fools don't change their mind !! :D

What a shock !! Maybe one of the greatest night of my life !

I had to bribe a friend to come with me in november.

i leant her all my albums, and even made her watch the Absolution dvd and she came with me.

she still hates them but admits they are immense live.

i'm also dragging my mum with me to wembley because nobody else wanted to come,

i try to get people into them - but it never works so...

I got my mum, dad and sister into them over the summer. My dad is super excited bout Wembley on the 16th. We all went to Newcastle together for a xmas present and now he cant get enough. Altho my mum is more aware of their different songs and stuff. Shes actually registered on here now!

i don't really fuss over getting people into Muse. if they can't see how immensly amazing they are then they've got no musical taste! :p

as i've said before, muselove should not be forced, it should come as easily as breathing ;)

although i admit i have gone around professing my love for the band before which annoys people a little! :rolleyes:

Archived