"Musevangelists"

gocanux

i don't really fuss over getting people into Muse. if they can't see how immensly amazing they are then they've got no musical taste! :p

as i've said before, muselove should not be forced, it should come as easily as breathing ;)

although i admit i have gone around professing my love for the band before which annoys people a little! :rolleyes:

i think- well actually i KNOW i talk about muse to much :rolleyes::$

do you get this look from people too --> :mad:

:LOL:

uhuh! Especially my friends at college, they havent known me as long so arent quite as tolerant. Im a bit too intense for them sometimes. I hate it when i have to turn my muse down cos they are all napping in the afternoon, i dont nap you see so have to listen with headphones. Sometimes thats ok tho, can crank it up that way and get more bass.

:LOL: :LOL: they all just walk off and leave me talking to myself :(:LOL::rolleyes:

uhuh! Especially my friends at college, they havent known me as long so arent quite as tolerant. Im a bit too intense for them sometimes. I hate it when i have to turn my muse down cos they are all napping in the afternoon, i dont nap you see so have to listen with headphones. Sometimes thats ok tho, can crank it up that way and get more bass.

hehe yeh i don't think anyone listens to me anymore when i go off on a muse rant! :rolleyes:

nap in the afternoon haha bless! yeh i am forced to listen with headphones. but thankfully my ipod can be quite loud.. almost deafening! :p

hehe yeh i don't think anyone listens to me anymore when i go off on a muse rant! :rolleyes:

nap in the afternoon haha bless! yeh i am forced to listen with headphones. but thankfully my ipod can be quite loud.. almost deafening! :p

in the fifth form center when ever muse comes on the radio most people turn it over going eurgh what is this shit.

but my iPod is loud aswell so it's all good :)

:noey: tasteless people!

one guy doesn't know who muse are, PIB came on the radio and he goes i've always liked this song who is it.

i said Muse and he goes eurgh aren't they shit?

i was like.....you just majorly contradicted yourself there... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

but i don't care, their loss :p :p

more for uss :)

i don't really fuss over getting people into Muse. if they can't see how immensly amazing they are then they've got no musical taste! :p

as i've said before, muselove should not be forced, it should come as easily as breathing ;)

Yes, but here in the US we have to force it on people a bit, as they get precious little radio exposure. At least here in Seattle they play Starlight and KOC on the radio, and now and then Hysteria and TIRO; in some less enlightened areas Muse is never played. And I have NEVER heard any song from Showbiz or OOS on the radio....

I got my mum, dad and sister into them over the summer. My dad is super excited bout Wembley on the 16th. We all went to Newcastle together for a xmas present and now he cant get enough. Altho my mum is more aware of their different songs and stuff. Shes actually registered on here now!

Yet another MuseMom! There are lots of us now, we should form a coalition or something! Send her over to the Older Muse Fans thread in Gigs and Tours (it belongs in LoveBoat, but whatever...)

Yet another MuseMom! There are lots of us now, we should form a coalition or something! Send her over to the Older Muse Fans thread in Gigs and Tours (it belongs in LoveBoat, but whatever...)

i'll point her in your direction, she wont be off here now! :LOL: we're hoping they play paris in july so we can go together again. My parents live in Toulouse part of the time so it would be easy to get there and i could fly from london. Seeing them in france was phenomenal.

• 3 weeks later...
i'll point her in your direction, she wont be off here now! :LOL: we're hoping they play paris in july so we can go together again. My parents live in Toulouse part of the time so it would be easy to get there and i could fly from london. Seeing them in france was phenomenal.

OK, so where's this MuseMom of yours, DK???

• 4 weeks later...

Still converting them, one by one. In surgery today one of the nurses was talking about bands she likes, and we have similar tastes in music, so I gave her a burned Muse CD I had in my car. Well, of course she LOVED it, and now she wants to go see them in Vancouver in May (and Seattle, though it's iffy if they will perform at MCR's gig here...). Another Muser is born!

I was in Morrisons looking at the CD charts with my Dad, and I saw Black Holes And Revelations sitting at 47, which annoyed me a little...okay a lot...

Someone else was looking at the same time at the Cds, so i said to my Dad, "I've got Number 47, it's really good, well worth it"

I must sparked something in the man beside us, as seconds later, he went to inspect what was at Number 47.... lo and behold, he picked up BH&R and began to read the back. After giving it a good read, and looking at me weirdly, he went to make the best purchase of his life.:D

Whether he was going to buy it any way, or my subtle hinting of a good album convinced him to buy it, I'll never know. However, that is another Person braving the world of Muse!

And I like to think that i helped!;)

i officially converted my brother and his girlfriend on a road trip last weekend. we're all going to the atlanta show!!

i'm always talking about muse to my friends but if they say they're not into them i don't push it. if i know my friends (and i do), they'll start liking muse in about 3-5 years and say wtf was i thinking?

what drives me absolutely nuts is when people say "i'm a radiohead fan so i'm not really into muse." like it's some sort of proposition? radiohead is a great band and muse is an even better band :) but for me there's never been a conflict, they're two completely different bands in every way. they're both from the uk and have lead singers that sing in falsetto but the comparisons END THERE as far as i'm concerned :mad:

• 1 month later...

I had to copy a video of some old class meeting of my Mum onto another cassette, for her friend, and since there was some spare place afterwards, I put vids of KoC, Starligh and SBH, the making-ofs, some songs from Absolution DVD and Hullabaloo and let the bonus disc run until the cassette was full.

Yesterday Mums friend called to say thanks, and her daughters are really thrilled by Muse, and now the sonmgs on the cassette are somehow going to be burnt on a CD. :cool:

Unfortunately I wasn't around when she called, because I might have started giving links and stuff. :D

i think- well actually i KNOW i talk about muse to much :rolleyes::$

I talk about them way too much too, and so does my daughter, we are both serious Musers and have been for a while now so we have our own little MUSEconvos, everyone else just goes 'meh, MUSE :rolleyes: ' and leave us to it..... apart from one day when we were in McDonalds and Emma and I were talking about being secret closet PMT lurkers (sssshhhh :ninja: ) and my hubby announces he is a member of the FUOLTATDWM club which he went on to explain was the Fed Up Of Listening To Anything To Do With Muse club..... anyone know a good divorce lawyer.... can you divorce on the grounds of 'unmusecompatibility'?

I talk about them way too much too, and so does my daughter, we are both serious Musers and have been for a while now so we have our own little MUSEconvos, everyone else just goes 'meh, MUSE :rolleyes: ' and leave us to it..... apart from one day when we were in McDonalds and Emma and I were talking about being secret closet PMT lurkers (sssshhhh :ninja: ) and my hubby announces he is a member of the FUOLTATDWM club which he went on to explain was the Fed Up Of Listening To Anything To Do With Muse club..... anyone know a good divorce lawyer.... can you divorce on the grounds of 'unmusecompatibility'?

That's mean.

And if you can't divorce because of 'unmusecompatibility', it's time someone among us Musers becomes a lawyer to achieve it. :yesey:

• 1 month later...

Time to revive this thread, in honor of all the My Chemical Romance fans who are now Muse fans! I visited their message board, and most of the posts in the gigs forum raved about how great Muse is, and which Muse CD's to buy, etc. So it seems that their current support role, unjust though it may seem to us enlightened ones, is serving its intended purpose.

My son and I have converted a few more lately. I gave a Muse mix CD to one of the OR techs, and also to a couple of the anesthesiologists, who are all now buying CD's and scanning the internet for Muse concerts in Seattle. (August? September? A girl can only hope)

Last month I took my son and two of his friends to the San Francisco area for Spring Break to look at 3 colleges. We had already planned the trip when Muse announced their headline SF gig: WooHoo! The other 2 boys liked Muse, but now one loves Muse and the other is even more enthusiastic, can't stop talking about the concert, etc. And what a concert it was!

That is great, gocanux. It is interesting to think of a single artist's social affect. (I love music, it is absolutely my favorite form of communication). Unfortunately the only Muse fan I have met outside the Internet is my friend's roommate, but she has mentioned she's more into films than music. My friend seems to like them too, but it's difficult discussing music with her as she isn't passionate about music like I am. Even more unfortunately, I have never attended a Muse concert (I'm a relatively new fan [about two years], and the past several times they have been somewhat near my area [which is so popular it isn't even on the map] the timing has been terrible. :( I suspect they are magnificent, though. Ah well, perhaps in the future.

Oh, lets see, I've turned my son on to Muse, my mom dad, brother and older sister (thats half the family!), 1/3 of my office, some people at church my daughter says she doesn't like them (other than SBH) but always sings along to them when I play them (which is ALL THE TIME!!!!) her best friend likes them and so do 2 of my husbands nephews. My husband is one stubborn bastard though! He says they aren't as bad as Depeche Mode or U2 (he likes Motely Crue & Ozzy...). In fact, on Monday my friend from work came into the office and said, "Hey, I saw the commercial to 28 Weeks Later and I heard the voice, and yelled out to my boyfriend "Hey, thats Muse" thats the band Michelle Likes! " It was really funny. My best friend moved to Florida and did want to see Muse but couldn't afford it and really didn't want to see MCR, she didn't feel it was worth the $30. I told her it was, but, oh well!

On a side note, Gocanux, we really should meet! I live in Kirkland, and yes, my son and I went to the Oct. show @ the Paramount. He's 10 and it was his first indoor concert. He LOVED it. He tries to get his little friends to like them too. It's tough at that age though.

I'm dragging my friend (who has never heard of Muse) with me to Wembley.

She will soon be converted.

And I don't use the term 'dragging' lightly. Flying from NYC to London for a band which she's never heard of...it took some convincing.

Archived