"Musevangelists"

gocanux

I'd say you qualify :D((edit: as a MuseMom)) Does that mean that my mum does aswell as she came to wembley with get this my dad. He's very picky about his music as he constantly reminds us that nobody comes close to the bands he saw in the 60s and 70s. He changed his mind after wembley - said he'd never seen anything like it. we're converting one relative at a time :D

This post reminded me that there must have been many "conversions" after Wembley----any more to add?

• 4 weeks later...

Another conversion today: the OR tech seemed to have very similar tastes in music as me, so I gave him a Muse mix CD I had in my car, so now he's going to go to the Seattle Muse show in September! And as we know, once someone sees them in concert, hooked for life!

Always on the look out for convertees; have scored three in my current job. While not on the scale we afficianados are, got 3 to the point of requesting some Muse; am v proud! Wonder how many I can get in my next assignment....

One by one, one by one!

My best conversion was a very close friend of mine who has the most extensive and eclectic album collection of almost anyone I've ever met, plus has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of music. She gave me a lift home one night and asked "Have you ever heard of a band called Muse? They did a cover on Dr. Who that I really liked." She left my house with my copies of the first three albums and didn't return them for about a month. :D Mostly I was proud that I'd heard of a band she didn't know!

The other one is my brother, but unfortunately it results in some of the most frustrating conversations of all time.

Me: 'What did you think of that lyric?"

Him: "I don't listen to words."

Him (playing the last verse of Butterflies and Hurricanes): "Wow, listen to that cello."

Me (with a big grin) "Yeah, I know, you've told me a million times."

I tend to get really overexcited about stuff, and it's very funny watching my normally calm younger brother turn into me when he talks about certain parts of certain songs.:LOL:

Isn't it really sad and lonely that some people (admit i no a couple) don't have a clue who muse are!! thats right... they have not just missed their music on the Tv/radio but they dont no about them!!! how crazy is that!!! they have no idea! i mean, are they missing out or are they missing out!! :stunned: but im not gona intro them.. dont wana become to commercial do we!

Hahaha there's one I know who is really a music ignorant, MY BOSS. She doesnt listen to any songs never heard any songs her entire life, we asked her once what is their hubby's theme song she said she dont know. And I was like WTF?!!! So she dont know Muse either. Pity on her.

On-topic: I think I am somewhat being evangelist about their music, been playing all their songs at home on loud volume, talks about them everytime especially when someone asked me about my music preference, been distributing some cd's too at some friends and forcing them to listen to it hahaha (that's kinda mean, I know). :) I really want Muse's fan base to get bigger here so we'll have a chance of seeing them live maybe not only once.

What are the chances of me giving Muse cd's as a gift to a non-muser?

i do it so much that i automatically fall out with people who slag muse off, or say that they're shite i did this with a mate who had never even heard any of the mega good stuff so i made him listen to hysteria and stockholm syndrome so his opinion changed though not a big fan yet;)

i get so very protective over them is wrong lol

my sisters a chav(scally, towny whatever you wanna call her) and i told her to listen to them and she really likes muse now (though not in the extent i like them). im always telling people to listen to them even my gran likes certain songs by them (feeling good, KoC, assassin) which amused me no end. :rolleyes:

so yeah anyway......

• 1 month later...

Well, this thread deserves to resurface: I have been making converts left and right! It is so true, just get them to a Muse concert and they will be hooked for life.

I won tix/seats to the Seattle show on the radio, but already had my pit tix, so I gave them to a guy who works at our local Trader Joe's---months ago he saw my Muse hoodie and ever since we have talked about music and Muse when I shop there. But he's getting married soon and couldn't afford nearly $100 for 2 tix. He called me the day after the concert: lifetime convert!

Today I was in surgery with a surgical asst who seemed to like the same kinds of music I do, so ages ago I gave her a Muse mix CD, which she loved. She went to the Seattle concert last week, and now says she is totally spoiled for any other concerts, as none could ever measure up to Muse! And faced with over a year with no live Muse while they make their next CD, she is bemoaning the fact that she didn't discover them sooner!

We introduced my son's friend Josh to Muse this summer when he visited, and somewhere between BH&R and the Glasto DVD, he was IN----so he flew out from Wisconsin for the Seattle and Portland shows last week, and now he is a Muser for life! And he is the luckiest new Muser on the planet I think: we sneaked him in to the Play Pool With Muse contest I won, so he met Matthew and Dom even before he saw them perform. Plus, back to back shows, with a barrier spot right in front of Matthew at the Portland show----now he is deep into PMS!!

Been looking for this thread, it definitely needs to be on top.

I have converted 2 of my friends now, they're hooked with Muse lately. Been posting live footages of their previous gigs on friendster and some of them are really intrigued with the boys' performance especially Glasto 04 SS. Hopefully we can see them live so I can really prove how great they are.

Ooh yes, this thread is very appropriate for me!!!:) For those that don't know me, I teach fitness classes, and use a LOT of Muse!!! Various people have complimented me on the music and bought Muse CDs, and at least three people I know of attended Wembley - unfortunately not on the same day as me though!

Ooh yes, this thread is very appropriate for me!!!:) For those that don't know me, I teach fitness classes, and use a LOT of Muse!!! Various people have complimented me on the music and bought Muse CDs, and at least three people I know of attended Wembley - unfortunately not on the same day as me though!

Strong work, Sue---let Muse sneak into their consciousness as they work out! Must agree, I have lots of Muse in my workout playlist on my iPod. (There's a real shocker!)

Count me in! :D I didn't have a word for it before, but that's exactly what I am - a Musevangelist. I've already been able to convert some people, but my biggest challenge is definitely my sister, who absolutely HATES Muse. First she refused to listen to it at all, but I think she's finally warming up a bit. She just admitted to actually liking "Bliss" and yesterday she said that Muse would've potential to be a great band, if they just switched the lead singer... Err...it's a start, isn't it? :$

• 5 weeks later...

oohh "Musevangelists"... I missed this thread!

O.k! My older sister is hearing MUSE :eek:!!!

Since I back to Isarel after three Muse shows in Europe she keep hearing they!

Her favor song is Hysteria because Matthew's Guitar riff remind her song she knew as a child (or something like that :unsure:). and now I can hear 'Eternally Missedy' from her room :LOL:.

We are 5 children (yeah I know!) and I already turned my second old sister to Muse (she also came to the concerts with me) so I have more two to go!

I have to say, been working in a CD store 2 months now and selling Muse to randommers became a way of life :LOL: it's rather easy, any person who comes around looking at rock/prog CDs gets a quick recommendation, listens to Origin of Symmetry and tada! Another new Muse fan. It's oh so fun :LOL:

What annoyed me today is this guy (quite old bytheway) who came looking at music DVDs, he was looking at Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree so we got talking and then asked if he has any Muse DVDs.. he said he LOVES Muse but he saw some live stuff by them online and said they aren't as good live as on CD.. you should have seen my face.

:LOL:

I don't really talk about them to fellow friends/family.

My one and only sister has got so sick of my obsession with them that she couldn't cope attempting to listen to a Muse song, or liking them.

I only have 2 close friends that I really.. speak to.

One is into dance music and doesn't really understand anything. Meh.

The other says they're 'not really that good.' But I might mix an album and give it to her and then FORCE her to listen to it.

:yesey:

I think this thread had inspired me to spread the word.

Woo.

:happy:

Amm... It's very normal for me to talk to someone I don't know and ask about Muse. The thing is, that here in Argentina, muse is not a very well-known band, because they aren't on MTV, MuchMusic, or famous radios (were most of the time, you can hear pop, electronic and emo music) so, there's no space for bands like Muse. But I think if people heard a Muse song, they'd like it.

So, what Muse needs in Argentina is difussion, though there're a lot of Muse fans here but, as I say, they're 'hidden'.

well, i've gone from getting eye rolls and sighs from my family every time i mention muse to my dad coming to not one, but two of their gigs when they come here in november! i've also got my brother on to them, and convinced my two best mates who are r'n'b girlies to come to one of the gigs. i figure once they've seen them live, they'll be true converts!

I got my bf into it when we saw our first Muse concert together. He started to really enjoy them. They kinda reminded him of his fav. band, Rage Against the Machine. So next Sunday we're going to Vegas to see both of them. :eek: Should be mind blowing

Since internet at my place is a little....unpredictable (darn neighbor always playing internet games really sucks the life outta my connection..haha) Whenever I go to my bf's place, I'll get on the net and go to the board or watch youtube vids. He now calls me a "Muse-head"....Yay

well, i've gone from getting eye rolls and sighs from my family every time i mention muse to my dad coming to not one, but two of their gigs when they come here in november! i've also got my brother on to them, and convinced my two best mates who are r'n'b girlies to come to one of the gigs. i figure once they've seen them live, they'll be true converts!

So true---I have converted a few people lately, all they needed was one live show and *bingo!* hooked for life!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it has finally happened: NewBorn playing in the OR during a Caesarean birth! Actually I couldn't hear it; the new dad was so terrified that something horrible was going to happen to his GF that he sat with his earbuds in thru the whole thing, until we handed him his screaming 4400gm son! But after he told me that he had been listening to NewBorn! (I think I will make him a disc of my Newborn vid from the Seattle show, amazing guitar work---still looking for a site to upload a >300MB vid.)

Well, it has finally happened: NewBorn playing in the OR during a Caesarean birth! Actually I couldn't hear it; the new dad was so terrified that something horrible was going to happen to his GF that he sat with his earbuds in thru the whole thing, until we handed him his screaming 4400gm son! But after he told me that he had been listening to NewBorn! (I think I will make him a disc of my Newborn vid from the Seattle show, amazing guitar work---still looking for a site to upload a >300MB vid.)

:LOL::LOL: that's awesome....although no 'stretching like a birth squeeze' during a caesarean eh?

boom boom tish!

Archived