"Musevangelists"

gocanux

Is it just me, or do all of you make efforts to expose people to Muse and increase their fanbase? I was in surgery this morning, where we usually chitchat about all sorts of things, and the trainee tech said she liked Muse but only had heard Absolution. As you must know, Showbiz is rarely found here and OOS was never released in the US. So later I ran down to my car and found a couple of extra burned copies of those CD's for this gal. A couple of days ago I made copies for my son's friend. If people haven't heard the music, they hear it with us, we supply them with CD's, and most go on to be fans. One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

I thought this was just a US Musefan phenomenon, but londoner's post in the WTF thread makes me think this is a pretty common occurence. Do you all preach the "gospel according to Matthew"? (Sorry for the irreverance, couldn't help myself)

Can't tell you how many people I've told to listen to them.

Or threatened.

I feel the need to, but afterwards, I feel shitty. I don't want them at arenas here :p oh, how selfish.

People have started getting pissed at me for my raving, and muse news.

DIs it just me, or do all of you make efforts to expose people to Muse and increase their fanbase? I was in surgery this morning, where we usually chitchat about all sorts of things, and the trainee tech said she liked Muse but only had heard Absolution. As you must know, Showbiz is rarely found here and OOS was never released in the US. So later I ran down to my car and found a couple of extra burned copies of those CD's for this gal. A couple of days ago I made copies for my son's friend. If people haven't heard the music, they hear it with us, we supply them with CD's, and most go on to be fans. One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

I thought this was just a US Musefan phenomenon, but londoner's post in the WTF thread makes me think this is a pretty common occurence. Do you all preach the "gospel according to Matthew"? (Sorry for the irreverance, couldn't help myself)

Yeah, I do spread their music. But I am busy enough promoting my own artworks. I ONLY do this for Muse and Ludwig Van Beethoven´s music, heh. Tho, who knows who will make money from Beethoven´s works. At least I´m happy to know that Muse will benefit directly.

Anyway is a natural human instinct to express what makes us feel happy and satisfied; that´s why I use to recommend people to eat pistachios, chase pigeons, be your own boss and, of course, Muse and Beethoven´s music.

Most definitely! Every chance I get, I try to slip in a subliminal, "Go listen to Muse." I've been successful many times, and helped add many more fans to Muse. They are so good, it's hard not to talk about! I think I'm actually in love with them, as a band. Like not any one of the guys in particular. Just everything about them, especially the music :) So when you're in love, it's hard to disguise!

DIs it just me, or do all of you make efforts to expose people to Muse and increase their fanbase? I was in surgery this morning, where we usually chitchat about all sorts of things, and the trainee tech said she liked Muse but only had heard Absolution. As you must know, Showbiz is rarely found here and OOS was never released in the US. So later I ran down to my car and found a couple of extra burned copies of those CD's for this gal. A couple of days ago I made copies for my son's friend. If people haven't heard the music, they hear it with us, we supply them with CD's, and most go on to be fans. One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

It's pretty much the same scenario at our house. Most of my son's friends are now very much aware of Muse as he has compiled an "intro" cd and given it to his friends. (also in my carpooling I keep their music playing) Most kids do recognize "Tiro" and "Hysteria" from hearing it on the radio but once they hear songs from OoS, it totally blows them away. We have 5 confirmed cases of purchases of OoS and Absolution cds thereafter. And he's always very proud to comment on his mom having met them and seeing them play live... it has earned me the "cool mom" award.

Yeah, I do spread their music. But I am busy enough promoting my own artworks. I ONLY do this for Muse and Ludwig Van Beethoven´s music, heh. Tho, who knows who will make money from Beethoven´s works. At least I´m happy to know that Muse will benefit directly.

Anyway is a natural human instinct to express what makes us feel happy and satisfied; that´s why I use to recommend people to eat pistachios, chase pigeons, be your own boss and, of course, Muse and Beethoven´s music.

right on man. lol

i love chasing birds.

i tell people about muse but they ignore me.

"well i've never heard of them so they must not be good"

assholes.

of course, it comes up because i talk about my expliots on the board here a lot. lol

I do it all the time, i just got one of my good friends completely in love with them in about 10 mins flat lol! she was hating me and goin how dare u make me like them now I'm gonna be broke buying all their albums and stuff.....I'm happy this means I have someone to come to0 muse gigs with me other than my sister he he!!! But yea I've gotten allot of my friends into muse, i do preach muse i guess lol

i highly encourage all things muse when i am in some music related conversation. i've made a few conversions. i used to work at a restaurant that was also known for the music we played there. i slipped in muse one day and my boss and about 5 customers were all asking about who it was after the first song.

i just normally make sure that when i drive people around i play some muse song at a low level and inevitably someone asks who it is. i deliver pizzas and i listen to my music a little loud and i got asked at someone's door who i was listening to, it was quite odd, but awesome.

Isn't it really sad and lonely that some people (admit i no a couple) don't have a clue who muse are!! thats right... they have not just missed their music on the Tv/radio but they dont no about them!!! how crazy is that!!! they have no idea! i mean, are they missing out or are they missing out!! :stunned: but im not gona intro them.. dont wana become to commercial do we!

Maybe I used to a little bit.

But now I probably only know 1 or 2 people that haven't ever heard a Muse song (at least TIRO or Hysteria), so they can form their own opinions.

The only thing I do is make people listen to OOS and Showbiz, because they're better and a lot of people only know Absolution or Absolution and OOS.

But I dunno. Everyone I know already likes or really really hates them now.

I have converted about 30 people to Musefandom at my school. I plug them incessantly in our school newspaper; I've written incredibly positive reviews for all three of their albums and also wrote about the concert I saw in November. Also, I'm not generally able to shut up about the music that I listen to, so my sheer annoyingness has definitely contributed to this cause as well. :happy:

ya i preach muse in my high school all the time but most of them care about crapy rap to listen to them but no mater they will soon here the amazing talent of muse when i cover them for battle of the bands song that i am covering is hysteria and i am the lead singer so i have a lot to live up to peace (:

:( i try so hard to spread muse bout, but no1 will ever listen to me. i dont kno ne1 who is obsessed bout muse as much as me. every1 i kno jst shouts at me and complains wenever i put muse on. and then i get annoyed wen sm lacky boy does start sayin they like muse and that they hav a load of rare live tracks wen all theyv done is downloadd hullabaloo without realising it, but wen i first suggested to them tht they shd listen to muse they jst told me to get lost. and then wen i say to certain ppl who hav heard muse, and dont mind listenin to them a bit,that, 'im off to see muse at earls court' they turn round and say smthin stupid like 'i hate you' or 'aww ur so lucky, i wish i was goin' and some other annoyd sympathy seekin comment. BULLSHIT to tht! i was tuned in to the website day in day out, waiting to here bout there next gig, i went to all kind of efforts to get those tickets, and if they really wer as botherd as they said they wer, then theyd hav done th same.

sorry, bout tht, its a touchy subject for me :$

I try to make my friends listen to Muse, but as their favourite bands are the Scissor Sisters or No Doubt, I fail miserably. It's quite depressing actually..

Though I do have one friend though who I burned a Absolution for, and now she's learning Time Is Running Out on the guitar (and teaching me, of course)!

I guess am responsible (guilty?) of coining two new terms: MuseBunny and Musevangelist.

It's difficult being a Muse fan here in the US as so many people are not familiar with their music, or they only know Hysteria and TIRO because that's all that gets played on the radio. At least our local Seattle alternative station (I forgive you, TheEnd, now that you put Muse onto the Top CD's ballot so quickly) station occasionally plays Newborn or Sunburn.

Archived