Break It to Me

OriginOfAbso

Everyone’s gonna talk about how funky and rude this is but let’s not forget that the best part is one bit that isn’t the chorus.

Holy shit, what an amazing part.

You mean the awesome descending vocal line at the end of each chorus in that delicious Phrygian scale?

You mean the awesome descending vocal line at the end of each chorus in that delicious Phrygian scale?

All encompassing

My face did genuinely shit from :) to :awesome: during that bit on first listen though, wow

This is what I meant when I said I’d be interested in Matt really messing around with pitching effects on his voice, they really made every wish come true with this record huh

This is getting crazy but I keep changing my mind as to which of these new songs I love more. On first listen I was like WTF.

I never expected Muse to have a song that sounded like this. It's so different to me, I have nothing in my music collection that sounds anything like this song but it's amazing.

Anyone have the lyrics yet or wanna take a crack at them?

This is getting crazy but I keep changing my mind as to which of these new songs I love more. On first listen I was like WTF.

I never expected Muse to have a song that sounded like this. It's so different to me, I have nothing in my music collection that sounds anything like this song but it's amazing.

Anyone have the lyrics yet or wanna take a crack at them?

Look up Microphone Fiend by RATM; halfway mark

Actually,if the guitar riff was less funk and more distorted,this would also sound a lot like funky Disturbed,lol. Especially the "Break it to me" whispers are kind of Draiman-ish to me when put in that context. But yeah,good song. Sort of has a Black Holes meets Panic Station vibe to it.

My roommate AND my girlfriend both said it reminded them of SOAD. I don't hear it.

WTF? :LOL:

Uhm, maybe I can see why, though: it's the eastern sounding melodies, which SOAD employ a lot in their music. And let's not forget Matt's vocals, which sometimes are somewhat similar to Malakian's and Tankian's rolled into one. But other than that, yeah, it's a very strange comparison.