OriginOfAbso

Break It to Me

Shit guys, this is The One. This is the freshest thing Muse have done for decades.

I mean...they’ve only been around for 2 decades, so is that not just ‘ever’? :chuckle:

Let's all stop for a moment and appreciated that banshee wail bomfffs at 1m 26s and 2m 30s. Dreamy shit.

One thing I don't like. I don't like / need those muffled drums alongside the intro riff before the first Break It To Me. They detract from the riff.

Clunge vs. Jobby is the showdown of the century. Also, disagree with you Clunge, the drums are there to beef up the riff. Same thing live; it'll sound massive

I mean the drums in quite literally the opening 4-5 secs. They don’t beef up the riff for me; they distract from it. I think there would be more power to the intro as a whole without them, there would be a bigger drop after the first Break It To Me.

I mean the drums in quite literally the opening 4-5 secs. They don’t beef up the riff for me; they distract from it. I think there would be more power to the intro as a whole without them, there would be a bigger drop after the first Break It To Me.

Oh gotcha. I think those were the drums that they had recorded out in that Instragram snippet ages ago. It doesn't beef anything up but it does fill up space, I think the intro would be a little too sparse without them

This song has slowly grown into one of my absolute favorites from the album. Its just so fresh and edgy.

Also the remix could be on the standard album instead and I would even care it is that good (and I never listen to remixes).

There’s def a touch of NIN about it. I think a whopping Great Destroyer outro would have been killer on Propaganda, although the beauty of that somg is arguably how concise it is.

I love this song to bits.

Is Dom doing the "Break it to Me" 's?

It sounds like Matt to me, I think he's done (at least the main layer of) all of the whispered vocals on this album

Think I actually like the remix version better???

It's grown on me overall though. Can definitely see the enjoyment of it.

Album version is already p much a 10/10 so I can’t imagine what this remix is like for people to be saying it’s actually better

All the more excited for when my super deluxe arrives :awesome: