Break It to Me

OriginOfAbso

Are any of those examples actually confirmed to be a proper theremin? Doesn’t mention a use of one in the liner notes and they all sound like something that could just be done on a synth to me. That BITM bit could even be done w/ a guitar.

Edited by Jobby

Are any of those examples actually confirmed to be a proper theremin? Doesn’t mention a use of one in the liner notes and they all sound like something that could just be done on a synth to me. That BITM bit could even be done w/ a guitar.

Matt confirmed TC had theremin, and BITM sounds like a more obvious theremin imo.

Also, this song reminded me of Justin Timberlake's "Let The Groove Get In", and also the verses on "Don't Hold The Wall" particularly the verses

The remix is fucking great too. I love how it really accentuates the eastern feel. Those dramatic near-silences too are brilliant. Like a drop to nothing. So effective.

Remix is good, wish Sam de Jong would've went full house with it though; it has potential to be a great house track but there's just too much of Matt's vocals and not enough "drop" development, just goes back into Matt when it seems like it's going to go somewhere

Matt said on the Radio X interview that that is theremin.

Message board isn't letting me post a screenshot but on the latest instagram post from Matt, someone asked if they'll play BITM live and he said yes

I can’t find it (maybe ‘cos I barely understand Instagram) but is it in response to the comment asking for it at RAH? :awesome:

That’s refreshing. I thought surely that’d be the song that’s ignored live from this album. Hopefully Blockades is a no brainer live.

Tbf, all he says is that it will be played live, not how often :chuckle:

Every album has one or two songs that take the bullet and BITM just seems like one of the overt candidates to me rn.

That is literally what we’re talking about :p

I didn't read his comment the right way. My bad, sorry.

GUAF seems the most likely to me, has “Revolt” written all over it, not to mention the vocals in the chorus, but then again if it’s being released as single...

Revolt was released as an official single, too, and it hasn't been played that much.

But surely it would be strange for them not to play an official single.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider