2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

I couldn't get into the tickets despite F5ing the page for the tickets, then just found out that played an awesome Metal Medley :(. I hope the 2019 Tour will be somewhat like last night's setlist than the usual (personally wouldn't mind if KoC, PiB, Starlight etc came a bit rarer as we've got new poppy songs).

Yeah he's done it ever since they brought the backing track in.

Medley was kinda eh from the YT videos. Would much prefer to get 2-3 full songs.

Excited to see a video of BitM!

I’m pretty sure that when the backing track was first introduced he was still singing “going to”, which made for a pretty strange performance.

Unpopular opinion: I still enjoy the harmonica

I do still love it too:D

Am I the only one who loves unsustainable ��

Well, I do love it, espscially live! I was praying for it to come back the whole Drones era. So happy it did!! And with vocals!

those signs...ugh. I heard people were doing that and while it's a good notion, I just don't think during a gig like this is the place for it.

I felt the same. Sure I don't like the idea of "buying" the first row, but I don't think that would change anytning. First of, they're already on sale. Second, gig (especially this one) seems like a wrong place for sth like that (imo). Third, I still think it was more their management idea than their own.

It's infuriating, but those are the realities we live in... in short, I guess I made my peace with it...

Ah thank fuck then, and to think I said to the person next to me “bet they’ve scrapped something decent” when they put down the new ones :LOL:

Not correct. Saw the picture - my friends got the setlists - they didnt cut anything out, on the contrary they added Handler which wasnt there before! Hell yeah, soo good to hear it again. Wish it could stay as a whole!!

I enjoyed the show immensely! Best I've been to (since I missed SBE last year). Equal only with the one in Krakow when they played Assassin (first time for me) and Citizen which I dreamt of hearing live for at least 8 years...:LOL:

Showbiz and Break it to me were my personal highlights, as I haven't heard Showbiz before and BITM is fucking massive live!!:eek:

The whole meledy - similar as with VIP tickets. Of course I would prefer they played all those songs (or at lest a few) in full, but we know it will never happen (not during the proper tour anyway) so I'm taking what they're giving. Maybe I would be more disappointed if I haven't heard all those songs in full before (only Micro Cuts are missing).

Since I was rocking to it from the 1st row, I didn't really care if it was coherent or not in terms if transitions. It was so much fun!!

As for the forst row - maybe it depends on your firdt experience but yoi get addicted to it. Or at least I know I am addicted��

Alaways have the best experience from the front. I even like to be crushed. Though it happens relatively rarely tbf... maybe because I'm not small and usually go for gigs with my brother who is even taller and no one wants to stand behind us��

Edited by dreamyana

I am still processing last night, I think I'm a bit in shock at how amazing it was. On the day I managed to change my gallery standing ticket to a stalls ticket in block G row 1. I was a handful of seats away from the stage and so close to them! Arena standing near the front would have been amazing, but this was the next best thing.

I loved the setlist. I had been hoping for Algorithm to open with and I've always loved Psycho live. When Showbiz started playing I just couldn't. And BITM is my favourite off the new album, I had said earlier that I'd love to hear that live but didn't expect it to be played. It was even better than I could have hoped for.

I enjoyed the medley - having the full tracks would have been better but that's not going to happen, this is better than not having them played at all. Stockholm Syndrome and Dead Star were phenomenal, and The Handler is my favourite off that album.

With the enhanced packages for front rows of standing, I personally feel that at a charity gig where the idea is to raise money for the charity then protesting inside was not the right thing to do but I don't agree with the reserved standing for enhanced packages on the regular tour. That's the time and place to protest it IMO.

I enjoyed the show immensely! Best I've been to (since I missed SBE last year). Equal only with the one in Krakow when they played Assassin (first time for me) and Citizen which I dreamt of hearing live for at least 8 years...:LOL:

Were you on the barrier, right hand side by any chance? I was stood next to someone in the queue who I heard mention a few times how much they loved a Krakow gig for Assassin and CE :chuckle:

Were you on the barrier, right hand side by any chance? I was stood next to someone in the queue who I heard mention a few times how much they loved a Krakow gig for Assassin and CE :chuckle:

Yeah, you were standing right next to my right. Queueing after me as well:p that was me:LOL:

I'm so fucked from the metal medley still. Great gig. Probably top 3-5ish? SBE -> Club Tour -> Download -> RAH?

I really thought metal medley would suck but when you're there it's totally different. It really depends on how the balance is for stadium gigs. I thought even outside of the metal medley there were enough heavy moments to enjoy. Nice mosh pit all night as well. Was very surprised at Break It To Me. Real stand-out sound-wise in the new songs.

I'm a bit torn on the signs about paying for the front. I agree paying for barrier is fucking bullshit, but this was a charity gig, and to be honest if I were playing a show for charity, and looked out to see those signs it would definitely put a damper on my night. However, perhaps they chose that show because it's one of the only UK ones where they can actually be seen? Not sure there's another opportunity to be so close to the stage before Stadium time.

Unfortunately you have to vote with your wallet on these things, and as long as they can sell them, they'll probably stay. Hopefully it doesn't turn ugly one day at the barrier between hardcores and VIPs.

Eyyy no way, nice one :LOL:

Glad you got barrier and had a good time (apologies for my singing :ninja:)

Hahahaha I havent heard you singing - I'm usually not much aware of people around:LOL: But I was about to aplogize for myself. I know I'm terrible screamer at the front, but... oh well, that what 1st rows are for imo:D

Glad for you too;)

Hahahaha I havent heard you singing - I'm usually not much aware of people around:LOL: But I was about to aplogize for myself. I know I'm terrible screamer at the front, but... oh well, that what 1st rows are for imo:D

Glad for you too;)

Yeeeah that’s what it’s for :yesey: you were good fun to be next to, we had a good little section of the crowd I think

I'm so fucked from the metal medley still. Great gig. Probably top 3-5ish? SBE -> Club Tour -> Download -> RAH?

I really thought metal medley would suck but when you're there it's totally different.

Maybe 5th or tied 4th with the Bliss/AP/Assassin O2 night for me, above Download for sure I think.

Yeah, I think the medley defo comes across miles better when you’re there for the most part. The more I think about it, the more I really like it. Can’t move my neck now like :chuckle:

I'm a bit torn on the signs about paying for the front. I agree paying for barrier is fucking bullshit, but this was a charity gig, and to be honest if I were playing a show for charity, and looked out to see those signs it would definitely put a damper on my night. However, perhaps they chose that show because it's one of the only UK ones where they can actually be seen? Not sure there's another opportunity to be so close to the stage before Stadium time.

Unfortunately you have to vote with your wallet on these things, and as long as they can sell them, they'll probably stay. Hopefully it doesn't turn ugly one day at the barrier between hardcores and VIPs.

Yeah, I can understand the umbridge with protest signs at a charity gig but there just isn’t really another chance with the massive void of gigs before next year.

Can’t move my neck now like :chuckle:

Hahah, yeah. Wasn't aware I was headbanging so heavily, didn't feel like it, but judging by how much pain I'm in today... I must have:LOL::LOL:

But body hurting after the gig is always a good sign :D

I won't get over that gig any time soon :D

Sorry if this has already been asked 100 times...

Was the stream not uploaded for people to watch after? I can't find anything proshot on YouTube. Some people like myself have to go to bed early and be up for work on a Monday

The video’s not really proshot tbf, it’s just streamed on phones. Audio is though tmk. Seen some rips of songs up on YT.

My stream wasn't working all the time and I missed the crowd singing Happy birthday to Chris:( when was this, trying to find it on yt.

Just before Showbiz

So I finally made it home from London: my feet are killing me, my neck hurts and my voice has gone... Was all worth it, although I wished they played longer. it was over before I knew it. Best parts for me: Showbiz, BITM, the medley. And singing happy birthday, hahaha!

The Rest My Vocals Medley is probably the Highlight for anyone Old Skool barring the new songs, I hope 90% of the crowd left after it.

This is obviously going to be the format for the tour, maybe a few song swaps but its not common, gosh what a waste of money

The Rest My Vocals Medley is probably the Highlight for anyone Old Skool barring the new songs, I hope 90% of the crowd left after it.

This is obviously going to be the format for the tour, maybe a few song swaps but its not common, gosh what a waste of money

Oh boy you’re still following them?