2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

Quick thoughts:

I loved the Medley, but I am also American, so if we get that at our gigs, it will be great. I'd love to have NB in full though as a closer.

I loved BITM.

Crowd looked good from the first level of boxes. A nice circle pit appeared during Knights in the center of the floor:LOL:

I took a few vids -- the medley, algo, showbiz, unsustainable. it was a decent angle I think:

good for you Jobby getting the drumstick!

those signs...ugh. I heard people were doing that and while it's a good notion, I just don't think during a gig like this is the place for it.

Looking back I've only seen 3/7 of the songs kinda played in the medley in my almost decade of Muse concerts so you know there's some value there.

But people are softer than metal barrier, no? :LOL:

I always thought if I went for a barrier again I'd bring a pillow or other soft object to put in front of me :p

More stable though. I'll get thrown around a lot otherwise.

So, I have an extra MEDIUM shirt if anyone forgot to buy one and wants it. I bought a small and a medium bc the sizes were so discrepant and didn't know which would fit. Turns out I'm keeping the small, so if anyone wants to buy the medium for what it cost (£25), lmk.

I am leaving London tomorrow so if you want it, you can meet me somewhere tomorrow by noon or you'll have to pay for me to ship it to you from the US.

Ok back home finally, slightly more organised thoughts:

Lurrrrvely venue when I got the chance to turn around, just a shame they didn’t use the organ, seems a no brainer. We saw them testing the lights on it during the support and wondered...set was replaced as well but the originals were still out there, hopefully someone got one just out of curiosity for what changed. Sound was good, mix could’ve been better at times though so didn’t fully utilise the acoustics unfortunately.

Honestly loved the medley. I can understand if you’ve maybe not seen, say, Assassin and feeling blue-ballsed but other than that I thought it all worked really well. At the end of the day, you might get 1 or 2 of those songs in a normal set and the quickfire nature really kept the energy going.

New songs - Algorithm needs beefing up to work as an opener but watching Matt at the synth was a great novelty and like I said, dat piano outro (thought he was gonna go into Bliss when I saw him go back to it). BITM a joke, just too naughty. Freaked out as soon as I saw Matt take up the cross-arm scratching position, before he even made a sound :chuckle: TC great as expected, Pressure a romp with them ooweeoos, TDS fun but needs beefing up a smidge like Algorithm.

Old songs - ...no one gonna mention Wild Thing after Supermassive? ‘Cos :facemelt: also has Matt just remembered Unsustainable had vocals or something. And after being dead for 11 years, 4 out of 5 UK gigs over the last year have now had Showbiz. Fucking disgusting stat lmao. Shoulda been Escape for Chris though :ninja:

Overall dead fun, probably up there as one of my fave gigs from them, just not sure where.

Was it just me or did Matt actually sing the “gonna take me alive” bits right (instead of “going to”) for the first time ever like I’ve literally been begging for him to???

I feel like no one else is bothered but this is genuinely huge to me :LOL:

The “going to” always bugged me. I was so shocked I said “go on, I’ll get into Knights just this once for that matty boy”.

I feel like no one else is bothered but this is genuinely huge to me :LOL:

The “going to” always bugged me. I was so shocked I said “go on, I’ll get into Knights just this once for that matty boy”.

Always irked me as well. I believe he started singing 'gonna' on the US tour last year? I remember someone mentioning they have a an extra backing vocal track going on now so Matt sings it correctly so it doesn't sound jarring.

Always irked me as well. I believe he started singing 'gonna' on the US tour last year? I remember someone mentioning they have a an extra backing vocal track going on now so Matt sings it correctly so it doesn't sound jarring.

Ah...v possible as I stopped watching footage of the US tour last year :chuckle:

It originally started with Algorithm, Psycho and BITM - no Showbiz..

Ah thank fuck then, and to think I said to the person next to me “bet they’ve scrapped something decent” when they put down the new ones :LOL:

Ah...v possible as I stopped watching footage of the US tour last year :chuckle:

Ah thank fuck then, and to think I said to the person next to me “bet they’ve scrapped something decent” when they put down the new ones :LOL:

I would look at the Napa Bottlerock 2018 video that is on YouTube. The sound quality is fantastic, dare I say better than the official DVDs. Even Resistance sounds good haha.

Yeah he's done it ever since they brought the backing track in.

Medley was kinda eh from the YT videos. Would much prefer to get 2-3 full songs.

Excited to see a video of BitM!