Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

On 4/2/2019 at 1:28 PM, That Little Animal said:

I just feel bad for alleged hit single Get Up and Fight. 

And Blockades and the Void, that’s really a shame, actually. 

I’m actually surprised GUaF and SH aren’t regulars on the setlist. They seem to have been written to be crowd pleasers, so you’d think they would be more heavily rotated than Dig Down or Algorithm. Tbf I imagine the vocals in GUaF would take a toll on Matt. Not that I’m complaining but I would personally sacrifice one of the 2 Algorithms and Dig Down for a Void, Blockades, or even SH which I have a huge soft spot for. 

• Like 1

I fully expect Blockades to debut at the stadium shows.  SH I'm surprised they didn't play here, but it's one of my least favorite on the album so its absence doesn't bother me.  I have the same opinion about GUaF but I imagine live it is much better, so it might be pretty fun.  I really was hoping for The Void though, that's my biggest disappointment.

1 hour ago, Claudia O said:

Guaf is about Matts uncle who had cancer, but he died around the time the album came out if I remember correctly, so this might be the reason to not release it as a single and why it‘s not played live, but this is only a possibility.

Was this mentioned in an interview somewhere? 

Which part? That it wasn‘t a single and is not played live wasn‘t, these are just my thoughts. The other parts were in interviews, but I can‘t remember which ones ...

oh wait, Matts mum posted on Twitter or Instagram about the death ...

Edited by Claudia O

Blockades, SH and TV’ll come to stadiums in some capacity. Really doubtful for GUAF unfortunately, context/subject matter aside it’s just insanely hard to sing.

Kinda interested in this new Amsterdam date, wish they’d bloody announce what’s happening in Asia like

Did anyone receive a fan presale code? I didn't get an email, can't find anything in the Members section, and I would like to buy Amsterdam tickets in a few hours... which is impossible anyway, because the ticketmaster website isn't redirecting to todays presale, but only to Fridays... 

I haven't checked this forum or posted anything since before the ST Tour began.  Even though I had tickets, I was not THAT stoked to see the show because I'm not really a fan of the new album and I felt let down by their performance on the Drones Tour.  I figured that I would go into the show fresh and hope to be pleasantly surprised.  Beyond a couple Twitter pics of the robot suit, the metal medley and talk of on-stage performers, I really didn't know a thing about the show before attending their gig in Detroit last week.  To be honest, I was anticipating a bit of a disaster of excess and overkill.  That said, it was kind of exciting going to a concert without knowing the set-list or seeing the visuals in advance for a change.

At the end of the day, "pleasantly surprised" was a massive understatement!  I thought that the concert was really great, in fact.  The set-list was naturally quite predictable anyway but I was hyped when I heard the opening to Take A Bow.  Was not expecting that at all after not personally hearing it even once over the past 3 tours.  I was also totally caught off guard by the massive on-stage visitor during the metal medley which was actually really cool in itself.  I mean, my Drones concert completely ignored Origin of Symmetry while this concert had Plug In Baby, and portions of Micro Cuts and New Born.  That alone made it a better set-list, not to mention the fact that Undisclosed Desires and Resistance were finally put to bed.  Mercy lives on but whatever.

I can't say that the show changed my opinion much of the new album but it still was not what I had expected.  My favorite song on ST has always been The Dark Side which I thought was pretty lacklustre live.  On the other hand, I'm don't care for Propaganda nor Dig Down at all but I thought that they both came off nicely.  The choice to perform the intimate gospel version of DD at the center stage was definitely the way to go.  Algorithm was easily the best ST song for me with respect to the performance and impact of the visuals.  Pressure was peppy enough, Break It To Me still does not do much for me and Thought Contagion was, well, Thought Contagion.  I don't know that the choreographed performers added much to the show beyond the Algorithm routine but they didn't really detract either or look as corny as they could have.

All the expected Muse standards sounded really good, in my opinion, and the pacing of the show was SO much better than the Drones concert that I attended.  The crowd seemed more engaged and lively as well considering that the arena was only 2/3 full.  The upper bowl was completely blacked out with curtains.  As far as I'm concerned, it only meant that several thousand people missed their chance to catch a really awesome concert.  Even though Muse didn't quite convince me that Simulation Theory is anything approaching a good album, they did restore my faith in them as a live act.  Colour me impressed.

Edited by NigelTufnel
  • Like 1

Hello,

I don't often message on this site and I do apologise if these questions have already been covered but I was just wondering if there is any difference in the times the gates open for the Simulation Theory Enhanced Experience and the Premium Bundle? Basically I'm just wondering if both of the tickets get you early access at the same time or if one lets you in earlier than the other.

I've bought the Premium Bundle myself and was also wondering how big the lunch box and poster actually are? I'm hoping not too big as I'm planning on getting there early and standing as close to the stage as possible and I'm hoping my arms aren't going to be full carrying them around during the gig lol.

Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated : )

Thanks,

Holly

Edited by Holl86

5 minutes ago, Holl86 said:

Hello,

I don't often message on this site and I do apologise if these questions have already been covered but I was just wondering if there is any difference in the times the gates open for the Simulation Theory Enhanced Experience and the Premium Bundle? Basically I'm just wondering if both of the tickets get you early access at the same time or if one lets you in earlier than the other.

I've bought the Premium Bundle myself and was also wondering how big the lunch box and poster actually are? I'm hoping not too big as I'm planning on getting there early and standing as close to the stage as possible and I'm hoping my arms aren't going to be full carrying them around during the gig lol.

Thanks,

Holly

54 minutes ago, Holl86 said:

Yes, the EE VIP group gets let into the building 2 hrs before doors because they have the party + videogames.  The Premium group usually gets in an hour before doors because they let you shop for merch.  When it is time to go onto the floor, they will line both groups up in a single line with the EE folks at the front, then the premium bundle people.  After all of you get let in, they open the floor for general GA.

The lunchbox is maybe 13x9x5 (inches)??  The poster is rolled up inside (it is long and skinny).

Ofc, this may be completely different if you are talking about stadium gigs...

Edited by hyena17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm from Peru. Does anyone know about this?
Official Store pre-sale starts Wednesday 8 May at 9am local. Codes will be delivered via a separate email for fans who pre-ordered Simulation Theory via the Official Store. 

I've got early access, but for November 13th, does this code works for all tour tickets including South America?

3 hours ago, MartianSpaghettiRider said:

I want to see them performing in colourful ponchos to homage the country, like when they performed the gig in Ischgl while wearing Christmas sweaters.

It would be a site to see.

Sadly the site rejected any credit card I tried, so I will have to attempt again in the general sale with a proxy buyer.