Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

I would just love for them to do a by-request show in the US. I am prepared to drop as much money and go into as much debt as possible if they ever announce one of those.

It is frustrating that they added Bliss to the European tour. That's one of my favorite songs that I still haven't seen live yet and it would have been a great addition to the show. Of course, I saw the only show in The Second Law tour that didn't get Bliss or New Born and the 2 shows I saw on the amphitheater tour a couple years ago didn't get Bliss either while the 2 shows that were sandwiched around those did. I guess I just don't have good luck when it comes to those songs :(

1 minute ago, musefanva said:

I would just love for them to do a by-request show in the US. I am prepared to drop as much money and go into as much debt as possible if they ever announce one of those.

It is frustrating that they added Bliss to the European tour. That's one of my favorite songs that I still haven't seen live yet and it would have been a great addition to the show. Of course, I saw the only show in The Second Law tour that didn't get Bliss or New Born and the 2 shows I saw on the amphitheater tour a couple years ago didn't get Bliss either while the 2 shows that were sandwiched around those did. I guess I just don't have good luck when it comes to those songs :(

That's bad luck, sorry to hear that.  But yeah I've given up on a US by-request show.  Honestly even if we did have one, I do not have faith that any deep cuts would even be voted on -- at the most we'd get Bliss, CE, maybe B&H.  It would basically just prove Matt right that the fans here just want to hear Starlight and Madness.  I'd love to eat my words ofc and would totally love to be the most wrong person ever if it does happen and it's amazing.

31 minutes ago, projektxtal said:

Were the sales that bad for the Stadium gigs? Manchester looked full enough to me. I'll probably never see a by-request gig but christ i'd just love to see a Muse gig and then go home afterwards. 2006 (!!) since their last Newcastle show. 

I was referring to London specifically, which may have not actually been that bad (just slow), it just seemed amplified with the crazy amount of people ditching their tickets. I remember when the dates were first announced everyone assumed there would be a 2nd London gig and it was quickly apparent there wouldn't be.

2006, that's pretty bad!  I've only been able to go home afterward once as well, and that was in 2010. 

4 hours ago, projektxtal said:

Were the sales that bad for the Stadium gigs? Manchester looked full enough to me. I'll probably never see a by-request gig but christ i'd just love to see a Muse gig and then go home afterwards. 2006 (!!) since their last Newcastle show. 

There were whole sections of upper tier seating empty

Was going to get a VIP ticket but they don’t even have early entry - so an extra £100 for a lunchbox and poster....or an extra £230 for a lunchbox, poster and Muse games. I’ll be surprised if they sell any this time, the only reason I bought one before was for early entry so I didn’t have to queue for hours and hours which was great for the stadium gigs. There’s no reason to buy them now.

Was going to get a seat but then saw the prices for a decent one. Doesn’t look like I’ll be going to these gigs.

Was at the Manchester show on Saturday, which was spectacular.  Was very much looking forward to seeing them at Birmingham in September.  But the only tickets left at 1pm are over £100??   Someone has to realise that fans aren't made of money.

18 hours ago, Clunge said:

£50 minimum I'd say. But likely £75-£80 for standing. I am going nowhere near these gigs unless I can pick one up for £20 on Twickets a week beforehand.

Yeah I was at London Stadium and Etihad, it does leave a bad taste in the mouth seeing standing tickets going for £20-30 just days before the gigs after paying full price. 

I was praying for a Scottish date on this leg of the tour, maybe we will get one later in the year. I'm away on holiday when they play the o2 and Birmingham first time that's ever happened to me. Maybe that's for the best, decision whether to go made for me! My brother lives in London so I get free accommodation but the traveling costs mount up. Also I'm autistic so not the biggest fan of standing (all energy gone by the time gig starts) and I'm terrified of heights so most likely id have had to go for the most expensive tickets. I wish venue organisers would realise level 1 seating isn't all about the view. 

Would love to see this tour in an arena where it belongs. London and Manchester were amazing but so many details lost due to daylight start and distance from the stage. Anyway that's my moan over.

Also didn't get my preoreder presale code until 13:15 which wouldn't have helped if I wanted tickets. 

Edited by s_rp_w

So I have my seat I want pulled up for night 2 and it still won't give me any delivery options other than UK.  I have never had this problem before, I'm at a loss.  I'm about to put in a fake postcode and see if it goes through.

over £103 for a seat in a rubbish position in Birmingham? Is this a joke? I've not been to a Muse gig since Manchester i think in 2015. Not a stadium gig but still.

Is this a sign of the times? It's extortionate! 

I was ready to book tickets at 1pm and was put off straight away. Gutted.

3 hours ago, IamTheUniverse said:

over £103 for a seat in a rubbish position in Birmingham? Is this a joke? I've not been to a Muse gig since Manchester i think in 2015. Not a stadium gig but still.

Is this a sign of the times? It's extortionate! 

I was ready to book tickets at 1pm and was put off straight away. Gutted.

We're living in a time where buying a ticket for the gig gets you a free copy of the album it's promoting. Yes it is a sign of the times, unfortunately.