Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

10 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

I guess they‘ll do The Void , but Blockades or Guaf? No. 

GUAF I would also doubt will ever get played, sadly. Why Blockades though? They know the demand’s there and it’s not too hard to perform. Can see it having a similar final flurry to Defector for those final European shows.

Considered going but the pre-sale code silliness, the extortionate price, the fact I already saw the show in London and don't expect significant changes, the fact they're unlikely to drop any interesting setlist changes, and the fact I've seen Shepherd's Bush and RAH recently put me off it. Just isn't enough to push me towards seeing this in an arena. 

Honestly p excited.

Think September will officially be my 10 year anniversary of being a fan and it’ll be my first opportunity to be at a ‘filmed’ show, however it might be released. Plus, like I said, I’m hoping some different ST songs will be knocking around by then. Gotta be, surely? Would love to do Birmingham but apparently work won’t let me have time off then, boo.

It'll be the stadium show with a shorter setlist and a shorter ramp. And that medley. And a bucket list crowd based on their 5 star stadium reviews. Something Human will replace Dig Down.
RAH and Lympics is enough for me this cycle :)

(unless twickets is flooded with bargains, then I'm in!)

Edited by czuczu
Fucking spelling

23 minutes ago, kueller said:

I just can't really see changes in the set after going this long with so few of them. It's unprecedented in their history.

Tbf we're still pretty young into the European leg, there's still chance for the UD and Bliss slots to include other songs as well. I'd be shocked if Map and Resistance didn't come in at some point. Mainly though, I think they might use the big break in August (assuming it doesn't get filled at this point) to add some choreography for new songs. Thinking about it, I've realised every ST song so far (bar TDS I think) has some involvement w/ the extra performers, which maybe explains why they've not managed to get every song ready at once. They might've got the bulk ready, particularly the 'essentials', and decided to sort out the last 2/3 further down the line. The fact that they're filming could be extra incentive to pull out all the stops in that sense too.

I mean, it's not like I'm known for being overly optimistic so you can obviously trust me on this.

35 minutes ago, Jobby said:

I mean, it's not like I'm known for being overly optimistic so you can obviously trust me on this.

I love your optimism and I hope you're right.  London will be a milestone gig for me and it would be awesome to get something a little different. 😜

All this talk of static sets has made my eye drift towards this Rock Werchter gig. Random lone festival amongst all these strict stadium dates and the first post-release European one...could see them maybe being tempted to take the opportunity to loosen up a bit. Not like they’ve ever been scared to at festivals, and I feel like there’s been cases of exactly that during heavy periods of little rotation before. I’ve managed to get my travel for Zurich and Paris pretty cheap as well, so tempted to use the spare money to revive my thoughts of going.

It’ll be a shorter set but I’d expect a fair chunk of thematic stuff from the main tour show to go.

Anyone think the Finnish gig has a chance to land some sweets? The guys always talk about how they want to play heavier stuff here since we're the "promised land of metal" and I'll be honest, we seem to get some nice deeper cuts almost every gig. If I'm counting it correctly, the three last gigs have had MOTP, TaB(on Drones tour so not regulars), Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Yes Please and Agitated.

Keeping my hopes up for, eh, let's say one of Butterflies, Bliss, Citizen Erased or maybe even, dare I say it, Showbiz.

21 hours ago, Jobby said:

All this talk of static sets has made my eye drift towards this Rock Werchter gig. Random lone festival amongst all these strict stadium dates and the first post-release European one...could see them maybe being tempted to take the opportunity to loosen up a bit. Not like they’ve ever been scared to at festivals, and I feel like there’s been cases of exactly that during heavy periods of little rotation before. I’ve managed to get my travel for Zurich and Paris pretty cheap as well, so tempted to use the spare money to revive my thoughts of going.

It’ll be a shorter set but I’d expect a fair chunk of thematic stuff from the main tour show to go.

If I may be so bold, can I ask how much money you've spent on tickets, travel, accom, etc on muse gigs that take place in 2019?

3 hours ago, blendy said:

If I may be so bold, can I ask how much money you've spent on tickets, travel, accom, etc on muse gigs that take place in 2019?

I don’t check the price, all I do is $wipe 💳

In all honesty it’s not been that bad though. I’m kinda a cheapskate so if it was too much I wouldn’t do it. Managed to lock down everything for Zurich and Paris for just £176, Prague was maybe just over £100 and coaches across the UK aren’t much if you can bare the numb bum. Then tickets are tickets ¯\_()_/¯

Basically I should be seeing Muse around 10 times this year for maybe a month’s wage? Gotta be done on the road to 100 🙌

What a shit-fight the pre-sales were, I'm actually glad I couldn't make it to the September shows.

At least I was spared the annoyance of waiting for the late access code emails for both pre-sales.  They turned up in my mailbox 90 minutes late in the morning and 45 minutes late in the afternoon.

Why can't pre-sales be held when most working fans are ... not at work.  And the codes be sent ... in good time before they are required.

2 hours ago, Jobby said:

Basically I should be seeing Muse around 10 times this year for maybe a month’s wage? Gotta be done on the road to 100 🙌

You guys in the UK have it so easy.  Good for you tho for taking advantage...

Commenter under latest Insta post asked if they were planning to come to Argentina and Muse replied with "News next week". Sounds like good news for our friends in South America. I imagine it'll just be a handful of dates, as has been the trend for this tour. But, were I a fool who too often got his hopes up, I might ponder whether a few more US dates might be in our future. Probably not, but as always, a man can dream...

On 6/11/2019 at 10:27 PM, voluntaryreboot said:

Considered going but the pre-sale code silliness, the extortionate price, the fact I already saw the show in London and don't expect significant changes, the fact they're unlikely to drop any interesting setlist changes, and the fact I've seen Shepherd's Bush and RAH recently put me off it. Just isn't enough to push me towards seeing this in an arena. 

You're not alone - floor tickets are still available a week after launch for London on 15th, and seated tickets for both London O2 shows. I wonder if the price is putting people off? I guess they've already played London twice in the last 12 months as well. 

5 hours ago, Claudia O said:

I can imagine what you wrote T.. V... 

I won’t repeat it but it ain’t that. If it comes true, I’ll post proof that I called it 👀

...it’s definitely not gonna now though 😂 I feel like whenever anyone predicts “this song 4 this gig” or “x gig is gonna get a wild set” it always ends up the most standard show. Can’t tell if I’m looking forward to that week or not, I’m gonna be so dead by the end.

Buzzing PIB is the first song to 1000 documented plays as well :happy: if any song shoulda done it, it was u bb xx

Yeah, there’ll have been cases where it was played and not documented and setlist fm will count some radio shows I think but maybe the two balance each other out. Either way, it’ll be the first 🥳

The quintessential Muse song for me, and my first love ❤️