Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

21 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

More props and extras means fewer rotations i’m afraid. Though that giant robot thing blows the dildrone out of the water, doesn’t look like cardboard and staples at all. 

I think the stage doesn't have anything to do with the rotations, is just laziness 😂 

4 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Can’t remember where ‘Charles’ came from before

I think  Matt came up with the idea for Charles the Robot (including the name) on Twitter. It appeared to be just a random idea, which actually became reality. At least, that's what I remember

23 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

More props and extras means fewer rotations i’m afraid. Though that giant robot thing blows the dildrone out of the water, doesn’t look like cardboard and staples at all. 

I just hope that the robot suit is more technically sound that the drones were considering that the dildrone and one of the orbs crashed into the crowd at the show that I attended.

1 hour ago, projektxtal said:

What songs can he even be in the big stupid robot suit anyway 

I mean, technically anything if Morgan picks up the guitar part

But, yeah, I’d edge towards it actually being one (or more, if there’s other suits) of the performers in there instead of Matt.

Massively jealous of people going to these US shows now 😩 the end of May seems so long to wait...at least I’ll be seeing the first stadium show though, should hold a few surprises of its own

1 hour ago, Jobby said:

Massively jealous of people going to these US shows now 😩

lol we'll see

Also I wanna guess Algorithm for the robot but it would mean dropping the piano. That doesn't mean I don't think it'll happen I just don't want him to drop the piano.

1 hour ago, notkueller said:

lol we'll see

Nah it’ll be so good. New songs from a cracking album, looking like a really impressive stage setup, new ground for the live shows with these performers (or are they just gonna be at the stadiums?) and robot suits and god knows what else potentially, band seem reinvigorated with a fun energy so far this era.

I’m just really in the mood for a ST gig rn. Wanna be jivin to Propaganda and BITM and GUAF and Blockades while this monolithic deathbot flails around and Matt takes a cheese bath in the drama. Prague can NOT come soon enough ya hear

1 hour ago, notkueller said:

lol we'll see

Count me in the "lol we'll see" category. 

Robots, "performers" and choreography at a Muse concert sounds like even odds to be either an idiosyncratic spectacle or a cringeworthy disaster. Possibly both at the same time. Adding my general apathy toward Simulation Theory to that, I'll say that I'm at best cautiously optimistic about seeing them in April. That said, I have the tickets and I'm sure it will all make for an interesting show. 

4 hours ago, Jobby said:

Massively jealous of people going to these US shows now 😩 the end of May seems so long to wait...at least I’ll be seeing the first stadium show though, should hold a few surprises of its own

Awww, it will be here before you know it!  I didn't know how I would make it through this break before the tour started, and now, it's like OMG NEXT WEEK! 

There's def potential for chaos the first show or two, especially the more extraneous stuff they add to the production.  I've got my fingers crossed for it to go smoothly. Don't want a repeat of the Dallas Drones gig (although that was because of the tight back-to-back turnaround), or the gigs where other things broke.  Minor fuckups, on the other hand, might be entertaining. 😜

I'm also thinking Algo for the robot suit.  I have to admit, seeing the pics they've been posting has gotten me super excited.  It really just hit me a couple days ago that a new tour is about to start and it has the potential to be AMAZING. 

I know I know the show could be cool and I always want it to be, but after 3 tours of seeing things get cut when entering the American border I'm forever cautious. Waiting to see them drop Break it to Me like they did Reapers.

Hopes, but no expectations, as they used to say.

I'm still excited because I'll be going to two shows with others.