https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn2OnD6RrJ0

Finally found a good vid of Matt's face during MM, aka one of my favourite things of the night.

Starts off just having fun with it as a nostalgia thing but, by the first chorus, he's bloody feeeeeling that shit.

3:01-3:04

3:10-3:16

and his fucking face curling up at 3:29/3:30 :'(

Might've been fucked out of a barrier spot but feel so lucky to have still been close enough to see all that happen. I wasn't even singing or rocking out by the end, just stood with my jaw on the floor for the entire outro.

Edited by Jobby

Finally found a good vid of Matt's face during MM, aka one of my favourite things of the night.

Starts off just having fun with it as a nostalgia thing but, by the first chorus, he's bloody feeeeeling that shit.

Might've been fucked out of a barrier spot but feel so lucky to have still been close enough to see all that happen. I wasn't even singing or rocking out by the end, just stood with my jaw on the floor for the entire outro.

:happy:

YOU ARE SO LUCKY

aaah shoulda been theeeeere

Damn, good memory.

Seems like day and night when you think about how slow it got in '09.

Was it that slow in 2009?

I remember seeing it at the O2 in 2012 and thinking it wasn't that fun as slow as it was, and indeed got outshone by the Headup outro riff on the end. Although the version done at the Emirates the year after sounded pretty cool.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY

aaah shoulda been theeeeere

This. Still real bummed at not getting in.

was reading this review earlier

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/20/muse-review-shepherds-bush-empire-london?CMP=share_btn_tw

the bit about the woman bursting into tears re: Glorious...

I was on my way home from London (I had been to a friend's wedding) that night and I checked the setlist in the service station and I burst into tears just reading that they'd played Glorious... :unsure::supersad:

was reading this review earlier

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/20/muse-review-shepherds-bush-empire-london?CMP=share_btn_tw

the bit about the woman bursting into tears re: Glorious...

I was on my way home from London (I had been to a friend's wedding) that night and I checked the setlist in the service station and I burst into tears just reading that they'd played Glorious... :unsure::supersad:

I was at the pool watching the Instagram feed and.... Yeah. Tears were shed. Can't properly describe what that song does to me.

Edit: I haven't been able to watch much from SBE cause it makes me so upset, but Damn. That performance if MM was genuinely good, and not just for nostalgia's sake. So well done. :supersad:

Edited by altbecky

Seen a few accounts of people crying during Glorious now, makes me feel a bit better about being an utter mess :chuckle:

Song'd never really done that much for me before tbh but the gooorg intro, the collective relief of hardcores waiting years to see it when the piano and that first "Rooooooose..." hit, and Dom's face hit me with a brick wall of emosh. Got a connection to it now that I hope never fades.

Iirc 2012 was slower than 2009?

Was it? For some reason, a small part of my brain felt like it got slightly better on the T2L tour. Seem to remember people rejoicing over the R+L 2011 performances for being a bit faster than most the TR tour, figured it kept a similar speed after that. Never saw much of it from 2012-2014 though and didn't see it again in person 'til Download.

I was at the pool watching the Instagram feed and.... Yeah. Tears were shed. Can't properly describe what that song does to me.

Edit: I haven't been able to watch much from SBE cause it makes me so upset, but Damn. That performance if MM was genuinely good, and not just for nostalgia's sake. So well done. :supersad:

I know right, it took me a good week to be able to watch any vids. So many sads! But it'll be the first of many I do hope!

I wonder if I had been there I would've guessed glorious was coming up from the intro... teehehee

Gotta say i'm still overwhelmed by this show, from the facemelting brutal opening of Assassin to the magical majestic MM and Showbiz where plenty of dust met my eye. I was amazed at how Matt uses various breathing techniques to open up his diaphragm to reach those highs. I shit ye not he went balls out for the SBE show. Glad i recorded most of the rarities from the front.

I don't want muse to be their own tribute act but bloody hell they ought to do more shows like that again, good to get back to their roots and connect with the die hard audience. not enough thanks to the band for this gig.

Gotta say i'm still overwhelmed by this show...

I don't want muse to be their own tribute act but bloody hell they ought to do more shows like that again, good to get back to their roots and connect with the die hard audience. not enough thanks to the band for this gig.

yes yes yes. They could do this gig 4 times over but with a completely different set of deep cuts/ genuine rarities/unreleased songs each time, and all the gigs would be awesome.

It was a thrilling gig. All due thanks to Muse, and to for the board for lobbying.

I couldn't help but smile in the crowd when he looked over at Chris after letting us sing in the first verse and Chris smiled back in almost disbelief at how all of us sung it so loudly.

They were feeling it big time that night :love:

Just watched Glorious again.

The intro swells are beautiful, and Matt's outro lick. The rest in the middle I can totally do without :LOL:.

Thought Glorious was amazing at the time but looking back on it I'm happy to say I've seen it and don't need to see it again. Them intro swells were fucking gorge though.

when I think of my fav muse gigs Leeds 11 doesn't even cross my mind and that was my 14th time seeing them, it was special darkshines and space dementia <3 but not amazing . For bigs gigs Wembley 07, still one of my fav gigs; s4a should of never been dropped for the DVD!

RAH was my fav gig I just remember bursting into tears when Matt appeared at the organ to play megalomania (I was intoxicated which didn't help with the emotions)

SBE is now my favourite gig; loved every song on the setist (bar futurism). Having never seen MM live due to only seeing them live for the 1st time in 06 when I was old enough to go by myself. Being 2nd row and seeing the look on the guys faces made it priceless and so special. I listen to the audio of it and when the crowd is singing it just takes me back!

I did lose faith for a bit I didn't waste my money during the 2nd law but glad I gave them another go and managed to go SBE gig. It restored my faith in the band and between SBE and reading had my faith is the crowds restored after finding the crowd uninterested and boring during the gig I went to on the drones tour.

Till number 19 such sweet memories

when I think of my fav muse gigs Leeds 11 doesn't even cross my mind and that was my 14th time seeing them, it was special darkshines and space dementia <3 but not amazing . For bigs gigs Wembley 07, still one of my fav gigs; s4a should of never been dropped for the DVD!

RAH was my fav gig I just remember bursting into tears when Matt appeared at the organ to play megalomania (I was intoxicated which didn't help with the emotions)

SBE is now my favourite gig; loved every song on the setist (bar futurism). Having never seen MM live due to only seeing them live for the 1st time in 06 when I was old enough to go by myself. Being 2nd row and seeing the look on the guys faces made it priceless and so special. I listen to the audio of it and when the crowd is singing it just takes me back!

I did lose faith for a bit I didn't waste my money during the 2nd law but glad I gave them another go and managed to go SBE gig. It restored my faith in the band and between SBE and reading had my faith is the crowds restored after finding the crowd uninterested and boring during the gig I went to on the drones tour.

Till number 19 such sweet memories

^ This.

SBE 2017 definitely deserves a place alongside Wembley 07 and RAH 08, genuine high-water marks for Muse. After the Drones shows, I was ready to pack them in as a live act but this has restored a lot of faith.

I saw 3 during the 2nd Law era and nothing even came close, even the SBE 2013 show which was great but you know, just great not special.

I rewatched the Reading 2011 show. Meh.

Not rating R+L 2011 genuinely just doesn't compute with my brain.

Always been surprised by just how highly some people rate RAH as well. Good gig, sure, but not that special other than Fury, Meg and a nice venue, no?

Wasn't about the setlist, they could have played almost anything that night and it would have been great. It was like a homecoming or a lap of honour after becoming a genuine stadium band. Perfect combination of performance, crowd, venue and timing.