We almost all agree that the SBE gig has been completely mental and legendary.

But, taking into account my personal choices, I would've found it even more so if the setlist went like this (substitutions are in bold):

Recess (replacing Easily)

Hysteria

Assassin

Dead Star

Muscle Museum

Showbiz

D&B Jam

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Fury

Futurism

Megalomania (replacing Citizen)

Glorious

New Born

Yes Please (+riffs)

Sing For Absolution

Plug In Baby

Space Dementia (replacing Knights)

And you? What would your ideal setlist for the show have been like?

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider
"Alternative Universe" setlist

If I was to nitpick I'd probably go for

Hysteria out, Map in

Plug in Baby out, Bliss in

Fury out (I don't really like it but it was good to have actually now seen it live, it wasn't awful), Exo-Politics in

Knights out, Take a Bow in

Probably a piano song like Space Dementia in place of Citizen, but I like Citizen live anyway

A BAH-SD combo... :awesome:

Exchanging PIB with Bliss and KOC with SS could have been great, too.

Personally I chose Recess instead of Easily because I like it more, musically and lyrically speaking. And it has a really insane whammy solo!

And Megalomania over Citizen is just because the second one hasn't really been such a rarity in the last two years despite of its sheer quality, and I LOVE Megalomania arrangements, composition and overall atmosphere. I think it deserves to be given more times to shine.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Always been surprised by just how highly some people rate RAH as well. Good gig, sure, but not that special other than Fury, Meg and a nice venue, no?

Part of me wishes I'd started listening to Muse a little bit earlier than I did, as that could've put me in line for RAH, which in turn would have been my first gig by any band. Which would've been pretty cool - on YouTube the show looked great.

Oh well. The first show at the O2 in November 2009, with Guiding Light and Feeling Good, and no MK Ultra or piano Cave, was a good start. :awesome:

:(

Bliss should've closed over Knights, 100%. That was the only area where I felt they remotely slipped up.

In a perfect world, regardless of my own list:

Showbiz

Dead Star

Muscle Museum

Easily

Glorious

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Citizen Erased

Fury

Assassin

Stockholm Syndrome + riffs + Yes Please + riffs

Sing For Absolution

Eternally Missed (for Hysteria)

(New Born, if I could cheat and add one more)

Futurism

Plug In Baby

Bliss

Part of me wishes I'd started listening to Muse a little bit earlier than I did, as that could've put me in line for RAH, which in turn would have been my first gig by any band. Which would've been pretty cool - on YouTube the show looked great.

I sometimes think about that. Got into them late 2008 but the earliest I could've got into them was maybe around 2006 (heard FG and Knights and loved them but no one knew who they were when I asked)? Annoying since loads of peeps on here have probs seen me go on about how much I love the BH&R era but, even if I had been into them, I would've only been 10/11 and gig-going just wasn't something that was in my head back then so I'd have missed out anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by Jobby

yes yes yes. They could do this gig 4 times over but with a completely different set of deep cuts/ genuine rarities/unreleased songs each time, and all the gigs would be awesome.

It was a thrilling gig. All due thanks to Muse, and to for the board for lobbying.

We have to give a big slice of thanks to the fan (Karen) whose idea it was and organised the Set-list by request petition that caught the attention of the band and the tour manager.

Over 6K signatures is a pretty good effort considering the amount of people that initially poo-pooed the idea at first

Ideally but asking too much

Assassin

Dead Star

Muscle Museum

Easily

Glorious

Sunburn

Agitated

Micro Cuts

Showbiz

Fury

Interlude/Falling Away With You

In Your World

Eternally Missed

Ruled By Secrecy

Futurism

Bliss

Stockholm Syndrome

We have to give a big slice of thanks to the fan (Karen) whose idea it was and organised the Set-list by request petition that caught the attention of the band and the tour manager.

Over 6K signatures is a pretty good effort considering the amount of people that initially poo-pooed the idea at first

Technically, it was Matt's idea. He floated the idea on Twitter in response to all the backlash over Montreux.

Yeah sorry the "idea" of a setlist picked by fans wasn't exactly coined by a fan in 2016.

Was gonna say, pretty sure Matt's been talking about it for a while but kept saying he was just unsure of how best to do it. Always find it a bit presumptuous crediting a petition for something like this unless the band themselves mention it :chuckle:

In fact, wasn't that petition made in response to Matt mentioning that they were trying to work something out?

In fact, wasn't that petition made in response to Matt mentioning that they were trying to work something out?

Yeah pretty sure it was. I think that's what Serpent is talking about as well.

It kinda reminds me of when certain people wanna take credit for getting a song played because "look, I tweeted at Matt that I wanted to hear Fury".

Edited by Tjet

Still listening to recordings of this gig :D

However, this is bugging me - what is Matt actually saying at 1.23? I'm sure he's not screwing up saying 'Easily', I think he's changing the lyrics slightly, as he often does (loved the 'it means we should be glorious' :happy:)...

Thoughts?

That's a great multicam of Easily by Muse France, btw!

Was gonna say, pretty sure Matt's been talking about it for a while but kept saying he was just unsure of how best to do it. Always find it a bit presumptuous crediting a petition for something like this unless the band themselves mention it :chuckle:

In fact we should give the guys more credit for fulfilling their promises, this time.

I'd even say it's moving how they stuck to what the fans voted, and thus demonstrating they do care.

We should give them more credit for not lying this time?

I think we should give them credit for playing all the top 10 (+ Futurism that made 12th).

"The show is “By Request” - ticket holders can choose their top ten tracks and all votes submitted will be collated and used to curate the set on the night."

With this wording, they could even have played only Showbiz and then the rest of their usual setlist (like in Reading). It's not like there was a real engagement to play all the top 10.

Actually I wasn't sure when I got into the venue if they were about to play the top 3, top 5, top 10 or if the whole set would be based on which songs came first. Or even they could have just picked up songs from the top 10 or 20 or I don't know, and not picked up others because too difficult/too little time to rehearse/write any excuse here. It would have been a silly move but well, I guess we are kind of used to it down there :D

I was just hoping that Dig Down/Starlight/Uprising/Madness would not show up... then Assassin kicked in and I just couldn't stop laughing hysterically for a minute as I suddenly knew they were about to deliver an epic show :LOL:

Simon I've just noticed your Teagan (or Sarah?) Is still wearing a Santa Hat. :chuckle:

Ahem. Anyway. Wagers on anything from this gig sticking around for the few closing dates of the tour?

You managed to get both names from actually :chuckle: but yeah it's Tegan. And yes she's always santa.

Ahem. Anyway. Wagers on anything from this gig sticking around for the few closing dates of the tour?

I'd have thought Take a Bow was the highest likelihood of everything that came back for this plus the following 3 gigs when it came to the remaining North American shows. Although I'm willing to guess Easily will get an appearance in Japan or Australia, or both.

Tbf I thought San Francisco was last night.

"It's not so easy for me"

Cheers - it sounds so glaringly obvious now someone's told me :p

Anyone know if this particular gig's Easily backing track (electronic/harmonising vocals stuff) is floating about online? I love it. I also love the twinkly backing track in SFA - it's such a shame that Morgan just stops playing it abruptly when the songs ends, would've been nice to tail off, like how Matt did his wee guitar lick at the end of Glorious.

This gig just keeps on giving! I wonder how long Muse France will take to upload a multicam of the full performance...