Wait, better than Drones as a whole, or Drones' highs? Reapers and The Handler are streets ahead of everything on T2L (except possibly maybe Animals).

I'd put Supremacy alone over a good amount of songs on Drones (defector, revolt,aftermath,globalist, mercy)

Although I guess nows not the time for a T2L vs Drones discussion, I haven't gotten to dive into Dig Down too much yet as my wifi at work is being terrible, but have the band been saying anything interesting in their interviews does anyone know? Any more music on the way semi soon?

I'd put Supremacy alone over a good amount of songs on Drones (defector, revolt,aftermath,globalist, mercy)

Although I guess nows not the time for a T2L vs Drones discussion, I haven't gotten to dive into Dig Down too much yet as my wifi at work is being terrible, but have the band been saying anything interesting in their interviews does anyone know? Any more music on the way semi soon?

New song in August possibly, then another in December. That's what the plan back when the interview took place at least.

Honestly, I'm surprised how many people seemed to believe that they were gonna continue in the vein of Drones. Even before Dom came out and said they'd be going back to more electronic/pop stuff last year, I fully expected Drones to be a one-off revisit type thing.

They said they're releasing music on a song by song basis but at the end they'll probably do an album of the released tracks. They'll probably release some more around the fall, or a song every few months or so.

Why the fuck would you feel sorry for someone genuinely liking a song? Get over yourself.

People genuinely liking Dig Down must have very low expectations of Muse. I find it even hard to accept Dig Down as a guilty pleasure song - there is no originality, no heart (or soul for that matter..). Nothing.

Honestly, I'm surprised how many people seemed to believe that they were gonna continue in the vein of Drones. Even before Dom came out and said they'd be going back to more electronic/pop stuff last year, I fully expected Drones to be a one-off revisit type thing.

Honestly the song was what I expected...only less original. Like I thought the song would sound kinda like it does, but with a synthwave-feel to give the impression of at least trying something new.

This is just Madness but duller.

Honestly the song was what I expected...only less original. Like I thought the song would sound kinda like it does, but with a synthwave-feel to give the impression of at least trying something new.

This is one of the problems for me, yeah. Apart from the gospel vibe towards the end (which I completely understand if other people don't feel) there's nothing new here at all.

People genuinely liking Dig Down must have very low expectations of Muse.

I've had very low expectations of Muse since The 2nd Law came out, and especially since the 2nd half of Drones was released. Is that a bad thing? It means I'm less likely to get all down about it when they don't match the quality of Absolution / BH&R (and I'm pretty sure they never will, by the way). And I'm totally fine with that. I don't know how that can reflect badly on me - or can mean you should feel sorry for me.

This is one of the problems for me, yeah. Apart from the gospel vibe towards the end (which I completely understand if other people don't feel) there's nothing new here at all.

I've had very low expectations of Muse since The 2nd Law came out, and especially since the 2nd half of Drones was released. Is that a bad thing? It means I'm less likely to get all down about it when they don't match the quality of Absolution / BH&R (and I'm pretty sure they never will, by the way). And I'm totally fine with that. I don't know how that can reflect badly on me - or can mean you should feel sorry for me.

Fine, perhaps it was a poor choice of words on my side. It's just that Muse can do much better and I don't understand how can people be happy with what they got. Not because of the style itself (I understand people enjoying Madness, UD or Dead Inside) but because of the blandness, repetitiveness and overall mediocrity.

In your opinion... I don't find it bland, if anything it's too far the other way. It's not as good as some other stuff, and it's cheesy as all hell It doesn't make it mediocre in my eyes

My opinion is the ultimate opinion, haven't you realised that already?

On a side note - you must love double cheese on pizza. I hate it. Ok, maybe not as much as pineapple on pizza, but still.

My opinion is the ultimate opinion, haven't you realised that already?

On a side note - you must love double cheese on pizza. I hate it. Ok, maybe not as much as pineapple on pizza, but still.

Double cheese is good, but not after years of cheese with every meal. It becomes too much - but still not bland :p

I detect a hint of Inagine Dragons about it too

This is just Madness but duller.

It has zero synthave-feel for fuck's sake. Listen to Perturbator, Carpenter Brut, Dance with the Dead, Kavinsky, Dynatron, Lazerhawk or any other synthwave artists. This has not a single touch of synthwave. Nothing.

Edited by LiT

So Dig Down is a bit boring in my opinion. It's nothing we haven't seen them do before, and it's pretty much just Madness with the energy and soul ripped out of it. I don't think it's bad, and it's far from their worst, but it's just really boring.

And Matt says this will be on album 8? If that's the case, my expectations are pretty low. It's a shame really, Drones was a step in the right direction, and now they seem to be going backwards again...

It has zero synthave-feel for fuck's sake. Listen to Perturbator, Carpenter Brut, Dance with the Dead, Kavinsky, Dynatron or any other synthwave artists. This has not a single touch of synthwave. Nothing.

He never said it has a synthwave feel, ya know. As a matter of fact, he said the exact opposite.

So Dig Down is a bit boring in my opinion. It's nothing we haven't seen them do before, and it's pretty much just Madness with the energy and soul ripped out of it. I don't think it's bad, and it's far from their worst, but it's just really boring.

And Matt says this will be on album 8? If that's the case, my expectations are pretty low. It's a shame really, Drones was a step in the right direction, and now they seem to be going backwards again...

Exactly. Drones, while incredibly cheesy at times, was relatively consistent and had parts which were good or even great.

And since Matt said that new album will be diverse - I'm guessing The 2nd Law part 2, this time with gospel, acoustic and probably electronic and guitar riffs as well. In other words - another messy compilation of different songs.