I like this song, but I don't love it yet.

On first listen it had that "LOL WHAT THE FUCK AM I LISTENING TO THIS IS ???" vibe that most new Muse stuff does. It was probably a little less surprising than usual having heard the bassline and seen images of the band rehearsing.

It kinda sounds like Imagine Dragons took a bunch of downers and read through the Bible for musical inspiration.

That solo :facemelt:

So far there's nothing (sans solo) that really grabs me and blows me away, which is a good sign. Muse's best songs are always the growers.

For now I'm just appreciating that it's an enjoyable and unusual listen, packed with meaning, and I'll wait to see if it becomes a classic.

I love this band though :LOL:

On first listen it had that "LOL WHAT THE FUCK AM I LISTENING TO THIS IS ???" vibe that most new Muse stuff does. It was probably a little less surprising than usual having heard the bassline and seen images of the band rehearsing.

It kinda sounds like Imagine Dragons took a bunch of downers and read through the Bible for musical inspiration.

So far there's nothing (sans solo) that really grabs me and blows me away, which is a good sign. Muse's best songs are always the growers. But sadly, I think it's not really so memorable.

For now I'm just appreciating that it's an enjoyable and unusual listen, packed with meaning, and I'll wait to see if it becomes a classic.

A classic? Nah. But it's slowly growing on me. Maybe because I'm not overplaying it like whenever I got a new Muse single to listen to.

He does, and it makes me doubt my non-native English grammar, but it's wrong, right?

Of course it's wrong, because it's referring to two subjects (hence it requires the plural form) instead of one.

oSElHES.png

The funny (or tragic) thing is that he's right, but by letting it out in moments like these, he's literally playing with fire. :noey:

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

By the way, people earlier were talking about possible setlists combos... just imagine: you went to Muse gig hoping to hear CE, Assassin, SS, Handler, you name it. And then you get setlist like this:

1. [JFK]

2. Dead Inside

3. Dig Down

4. Revolt

5. Follow Me

6. Interlude

7. Madness

8. Mercy

9. Uprising for lols

10. Panic Station

11. Big Freeze (live debut yay!!)

12. 1 minute of Fury but the power cuts out

13. Undisclosed Desires

14. Man with a Harmonica

15. Guiding Light

That setlist could be amazing if you were stoned. 1 1/2 hours of pure laughter

Of course it's wrong, because it's referring to two subjects (hence it requires the plural form) instead of one.

The funny (or tragic) thing is that he's right, but by letting it out in moments like these, he's literally playing with fire. :noey:

It was obvious what the band thought about their fans back when they started talking shit about their own forum fans, and again recently when they admitted that they refused to play even a single song in their setlists for them.

The irony is it leaves them with a casual fan base, and then the band acts pissy when they don't get the crowd reaction that hardcore fans would give them.

It was obvious what the band thought about their fans back when they started talking shit about their own forum fans, and again recently when they admitted that they refused to play even a single song in their setlists for them.

The irony is it leaves them with a casual fan base, and then the band acts pissy when they don't get the crowd reaction that hardcore fans would give them.

Exactly, it seems like for a while they do (almost) everything to cater to their "casual" fans, then matt acts completely dumbfounded that no one goes nuts at their shows any more, although I do really think the in the round stage set up seriously prevented much of that

Exactly, it seems like for a while they do (almost) everything to cater to their "casual" fans, then matt acts completely dumbfounded that no one goes nuts at their shows any more, although I do really think the in the round stage set up seriously prevented much of that

The round stage was absolutely brutal about spreading out the big fans. It was even obvious watching a lot of UK/European gigs.

It was still a really subdued crowed even during TR and T2L tours, tbh.

Seems like the bigger the band/venue in the US, the quieter things are, even up front.

Maybe the price of more mainstream fame? Or having a couple of huge hits that are widely popular, but all anyone bothered to listen to.

I saw AFI at First Ave (club) and had to scramble upstairs to avoid becoming a bloody stain on the floor. Really unexpected. And interestingly, a band who's hardcore fans always rage about the new direction the band's taken (for the last 10 years) but still clearly show up to every gig because the band still plays an assload of old material.

Meanwhile, sorry to everyone who just got fucked over the Pemberton festival. :(

So far there's nothing (sans solo) that really grabs me and blows me away, which is a good sign. Muse's best songs are always the growers.

yes

Because it really just is an extension of the Drones Tour and the people expecting some "off season" rarities are going to be horribly disappointed. Surprised at Globalist at a corporate gig though.

off topic, but history has shown that muse rarely strays off of the beaten path when industry peeps are in da house.

what's surprising is the lack of dick town.