Well, fair play to them for doing the songs voted on.

But we don't want this thread going off-topic with some positivity.

:p

Lol

There is a positivity thread already....;)

Happy they did both songs, maybe this will become the 2-pollsongs-slot? if so, I'd be happy with it!

Montreux or Montreaux?

Incidentally, what's VK?

Yeah for the past 2 years now, they have a rock weekend and a pop weekend. They didn't have one this year because they wanted to focus on going really big in 2017.

rock.jpg

Guess what weekend Muse belongs in :^)

I see. Is this in the same area as that big EDC thing in Vegas? (The smaller UK version is being held this weekend).

Expect for Montreux of course :p

Special case tbf.

Yeah for the past 2 years now, they have a rock weekend and a pop weekend. They didn't have one this year because they wanted to focus on going really big in 2017.

rock.jpg

Guess what weekend Muse belongs in :^)

So, I've got a big birthday coming up in May 2017. When do they announce the dates and bands for this?

forevermusic, Rock in Rio is NOT the same as the EDC thing in Vegas. Different events, different times of year.

Also, I decided to come up with my personal ideal setlist based on songs they've played more than once on this tour (i.e. songs they play regularly or enough that they can't be considered pipe dream rarities on this tour).

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=11537689&postcount=4691

Thoughts? :D :D :D :D

Lol

There is a positivity thread already....;)

Happy they did both songs, maybe this will become the 2-pollsongs-slot? if so, I'd be happy with it!

True, tbf.

I think Matt's idea of a request slot could be done with this - he posts up 4 rare songs he thinks he can do on his Twitter on the morning of a gig and lets fans vote, and then the top 2 make the gig. Or another social media poll like that.

Those big festivals always baffle me a bit, unless people don't really go for the bands.

Wtf can half of that crowd even see of the stage?

Usually the case at big fests like this tbf. At Reading I remember being sat by a wall to the side of the stage and couldn't see or even actually hear a thing.

I'd still hate to be the guy at the very back of such an enormous crowd though.

forevermusic, Rock in Rio is NOT the same as the EDC thing in Vegas. Different events, different times of year.

Also, I decided to come up with my personal ideal setlist based on songs they've played more than once on this tour (i.e. songs they play regularly or enough that they can't be considered pipe dream rarities on this tour).

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=11537689&postcount=4691

Thoughts? :D :D :D :D

Nah, I gathered EDC was a separate event. But I knew that was a huge festival that's held in Las Vegas and gets a high attendance, so I figured I'd ask if it was in the same location.

So, I've got a big birthday coming up in May 2017. When do they announce the dates and bands for this?

there is considerable doubt at the moment that the event will even be held next year.

there are a number of concerning issues -- financial and otherwise -- that may nix the whole thing altogether.

This whole "it's social media" argument is so idiotic. The telephone is for communicating, so it should therefore be okay for me to call Matt's family asking them for rarities, because it's commincating.

True but phone numbers are private. Same logic goes for social media accounts, if they're private, you're being invasive by finding a way to access it.

I just see it as we've been asking a guy for a favor for ages now, and he's ignored us. People kept asking, and he finally said 'no.'

I'm as upset about it as anyone, trust me.

I don't see how asking his girlfriend 'hey, can you ask this guy a favor for us? He told us no. Maybe make it seem like it was your idea.' Is the correct course of action here.

Just going to convince him he was right to say no in the first place, really.

As for the petition, I just find it more and more bothersome, tbh.

Who really thought that Matt needed to know that hardcore fans supported a rarities tour?

Do we think there's a single doubt in his mind that we would want that?

Seriously.

Putting it out and notifying the media does feel like they're just trying to back Matt into a corner and "hold him accountable."

Hopefully what comes out of it, is Matt learns to keep his mouth shut about things he's got absolutely no intention or possibility of following through with in the future, because he makes a real habit of it.

When has he ever "told us no"? I have no clue what you're on about. This is just a request, it's not like I'm insulting them or being obstinate. I really think you're too worked up about all this, Jessica.

Edited by jonisdead

He told people no to requests repeatedly during the tour. Or said yes and didn't play it, which is a really mean 'no.'

Saying songs fall flat and no one knows them was also a form of 'no' but the fans managed to make his poll backfire on him. :chuckle:

You obviously have different standards of what's comfortable on social media, as evidenced by using my real name in arguments even though no one calls me that, and I don't use it myself.

So, you do you.

You don't need us to agree. Just don't imply to anyone you speak for us all, please.

He told people no to requests repeatedly during the tour. Or said yes and didn't play it, which is a really mean 'no.'

Saying songs fall flat and no one knows them was also a form of 'no' but the fans managed to make his poll backfire on him. :chuckle:

You obviously have different standards of what's comfortable on social media, as evidenced by using my real name in arguments even though no one calls me that, and I don't use it myself.

So, you do you.

You don't need us to agree. Just don't imply to anyone you speak for us all, please.

:rolleyes: the tour is still ongoing.

I'll stop using your name then.

I'm not implying I speak for anyone but myself, but you're implying by saying "us all" that you speak for everyone else.

The tour has a couple of festivals left.

They've officially announced the end of the proper tour.

Sorry if I think a couple of post-tour festivals is too late for most everyone.

You keep making this about more than it ever was. People were upset about preferential treatment, Matt is attempting to remedy it, yet you remain upset. This is still a tour.

@Jobby i downloaded a bootleg of their Bonaroo festival 2006 performance, and that was about 28 songs i think. That was at a festival lol. There are some nice demo versions of In Rainbows tracks too.

But as Serpent said, Radiohead took a different path from Muse, so a RH style setlist would be very unlikely. Unfortunate as that is.

You keep making this about more than it ever was. People were upset about preferential treatment, Matt is attempting to remedy it, yet you remain upset. This is still a tour.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

You're upset that I think it's creepy and inappropriate to try and get to Matt through his family, fine, we disagree.

You're never going to make me agree, so that's over.

As for the tour, the main tour is officially over. The band has stated such.

And after all that, yeah, I do think doing something when they have 12 festivals left is too late. I mean, good for those gigs, absolutely.

I'm just depressed that it came too late for almost everyone (that is assuming this is permanent, and goes as well in the future.)

And there's something to the fact that it happened after dozens of people verbally abused Matt online, too, many of whom had perfectly respectable sets in Europe, while when we begged nicely, it went ignored.

Usually the case at big fests like this tbf. At Reading I remember being sat by a wall to the side of the stage and couldn't see or even actually hear a thing.

I'd still hate to be the guy at the very back of such an enormous crowd though.

Yeah, I guess that's what I always figured, and why I've avoided all but the small radio festivals.

I went to Lolla in TX ages ago, but it was a small fraction of that size.

I cannot imagine paying $300+ to go to one of those, and not being able to see or hear.

And what do the people do who hold the barrier all day. Do they, like, PEE up there...? :unsure: