So decent setlist without surprises, right?

I put CE/Map/Defector/TaB higher than "decent."

Yeah, very true...it's still a fantastic song. Still, I'd like to see it dropped down a half step. Perhaps it won't feature as much once the festival shows begin?

I'm assuming it will be a staple until the next album (or whatever) and then disappear entirely.

Nah. Still boring.

Aw c'mon, insane quantities of confetti are always awesome.

Handler visuals were incredible, but I'm not convinced the song was that amazing live.

Solo where the visuals weren't as much in play and the band wasn't terribly visible from where I was, was a drag.

I probably got one of the best sounding endings of the arena tour (iirc) but it still wasn't strong.

And as far as the visuals go, Globalist blew it out of the water and actually sounded pretty great.

I thought until the metal bit, The Globalist was a bit thin live. It was certainly sparser than it is on record with Chris playing clean guitar rather than bass. It picked up when that riff began though, plus yeah, the screen visuals were a great journey, particularly for the Nimrod section.

Still wasn't convinced by the dildrone though. Looked too rubbery and plasticky. Even if I went on the night Jobby requested Assassin and it was duly sent to take him out.

The visuals to Globalist were insanely good. Sort of drew attention to how sparse the visuals actually were through the rest of the gig, on second watching.

It was the only point in the gig where I wasn't frustrated to death that I couldn't see the band, for sure.

Wouldn't want the entire gig to have that sort of non visibility, but made me feel like for such a huge show, they really could have done a lot more for a lot of the songs, because most of them felt like they had far less interesting going on than the TR or T2L tour.

Was just a bored looking band on an empty, ill lit stage too often. And often the backside of that.

But yeah, Globalist. Loved it.

I think I looked back at the dildrone for like a second, just so I could say I saw it. Impressively large, but not terribly exciting comparatively. Obviously silly looking, but they were just going for that "look at that huge thing over there!" moment.

The visuals to Globalist were insanely good. Sort of drew attention to how sparse the visuals actually were through the rest of the gig, on second watching.

It was the only point in the gig where I wasn't frustrated to death that I couldn't see the band, for sure.

Wouldn't want the entire gig to have that sort of non visibility, but made me feel like for such a huge show, they really could have done a lot more for a lot of the songs, because most of them felt like they had far less interesting going on than the TR or T2L tour.

Was just a bored looking band on an empty, ill lit stage too often. And often the backside of that.

But yeah, Globalist. Loved it.

I think I looked back at the dildrone for like a second, just so I could say I saw it. Impressively large, but not terribly exciting comparatively. Obviously silly looking, but they were just going for that "look at that huge thing over there!" moment.

I never really felt a disconnect with seeing the band, but then I moved around a lot more than normal because of the 360, so I saw the gig from several different areas of the moshpit, and when static I was relatively dead centre with the stage. But then I guess my experience was different to others, and while I thought it looked good, there'll be others in standing with less favourable experiences.

The idea of more makes me think of when Suede did a tour of Europe where they played a projection screen showing an hour long film made for Night Thoughts (their last album) with the band behind the screen while the film showed, and spotlights occasionally picking out members, before the screen descends and the band does a hit encore like normal.

But its an interesting one. When it was announced they wanted to do something like The Wall Tour, I had the idea of a full narrative gig over 1hr50-2 hours, and with a full visual accompaniment. But I don't know if that would've been more distracting. Albeit probably no more than when the dildrone crashed into the audience on the 14/04 London gig.

Although curiously on the UK leg it seemed to have a slower orbit - on US gigs it seemed to do a full circuit in the heavy part, while in UK shows it can be seen flying during the end of the Morricone-inflected segment.

It's the contrast of having a couple of songs with really in depth visuals, and then if you look at, say, Reapers or any of the rotational slots that aren't UD/TaB, a lot of those songs have substantially less going on than even their prior tours, and some of the festivals, even.

That was weird to me.

Like, literally nothing visual going on, and often just basic spotlighting, which in the case of the 360 made the stage either too dark, or too bright, by turns.

The impressive visual stuff the band is known for was really limited in scope, and it drew attention to the lack of enthusiasm, and behind the stage bits, imo.

(And the drab outfits.)

You mean you moved around your positioning on the stage? That seems like a feat. :LOL: We were really pressed in at ours.

If they played the setlist they played tonight for us in Philly I would have literally no gripes about Muse at all right now lol

Oh god yes. Seeing people saying that setlist was "nothing special" is insane to me.

And cements the fact that I can't justifiably ever pay to see this band again, sadly.

It's the contrast of having a couple of songs with really in depth visuals, and then if you look at, say, Reapers or any of the rotational slots that aren't UD/TaB, a lot of those songs have substantially less going on than even their prior tours, and some of the festivals, even.

That was weird to me.

Like, literally nothing visual going on, and often just basic spotlighting, which in the case of the 360 made the stage either too dark, or too bright, by turns.

The impressive visual stuff the band is known for was really limited in scope, and it drew attention to the lack of enthusiasm, and behind the stage bits, imo.

(And the drab outfits.)

You mean you moved around your positioning on the stage? That seems like a feat. :LOL: We were really pressed in at ours.

Yeah I get the basic idea. I think this one had much more of a few moments of "WOAH!" and then a few more pared back. I thought the drone orbit in SMBH was awesome, but that Plug in Baby had a strangely sparse light-show and Madness' visuals didn't really make any sense (although I was at the bar getting a drink for most of it). MOTP was quite something for its massive light-show. But it did kinda work as a placing - I felt the stage placing would work a lot wore than I felt it did. Though the behind the stage area and the seats opposite rather than a screen or whatever is always going to be an exposed limitation of such a stage-show's design. Incidentally, I was under the assumption it rotated slowly between songs, not during all of them very quickly. Which caught me out more than once.

They seemed up for it when I went, which might have helped. I was quite near the back of the rows that are dead centre in line with the drums when Muse arrived, but after failing to get my spot back after using Madness as a drink break, I thought, "Let's go walk around a bit", given it was 360 and whatall. So went one end to watch Chris up close on his platform at the start of TIRO, then to the other to watch Matt (including for part of Uprising and his odd semi-strip-tease). It might've helped I didn't arrive early enough to be up close.

I don't think I can be arsed with arenas next time unless I do something a bit more out there. I had wanted to go further than just London for this tour and couldn't really arrange anything in time, but having done 3 tours in a row of shows at the O2 (of which this one was the best), I'm kinda wanting to do something different. Or just go for stadiums.

Edited by forevermusic

Great gig last night :happy:. Good setlist and band energy, I was with several mates, good times. I'm so glad we got CE, absolutely mind-blowing, also the second time round. That song just takes me somewhere else :facemelt:

Highlights: CE

Map and its outro riffs (thought that two riffs were more than usual on this tour, but checked my London gig and realized it also had those two. But yea, really enjoyed it this time. Matt created some nice anticipation by delaying the start of the riffs, that was pretty cool)

TaB

And I went to the barrier after the gig and managed to get a Hullabaloon :happy:

Defector was also really nice to hear, but to be honest, I was kinda hoping for Stockholm at that point, I just felt like some more heavy stuff.

Crowd was not quite as good as London, but pretty close. Mosh pit was a bit smaller, but other than that energy/jumping around seemed roughly on-par.

So, that was my last Drones-360 gig. I had really great times at all of them, but I'm also really really glad this silly 360-stage thing is over for me now (unless they do it again next tour, which they better not :mad:).

Would anyone WANT them to play it though? Besides people who love to torture themselves by collecting live songs.

Innit, I'm quite bad for collecting songs and even I have -13% interest in seeing Prague.

Could be, looks pretty believable

Someone here said that they might want to put all songs from the album on the new DVD to show that they're telling a story in Drones. Maybe they are going to do this musical kind of thing that was mentioned at some point last year with some live footage or something like that?

Excellent gig last night. Fuck CE is so damn great. I didnt knkw I could jump that high. Also map was insane I really anticipated it. Globalist was just stunning I had to heard it live to figure out is the best song of the album. Psycho to Reapers is insane. Got a drumstick also :D One girl next to me grabbed what we thought was a setlist but turned out to be Defector's lyrics. Oh Matt really?

Last but not least my "The Small Print for Athens" sign was up almost all night and I think I got a nod from Matt, dunno maybe got excited because i caught him looking it and I might wanted to see a nod :p

I couldn't agree more. The concert last night was pretty amazing! I had a great spot at the barrier and was so happy with the setlist. CE, Map and TaB, wow! I was pretty exhausted afterwards because of all the jumping, but well, that's a sign that it was a pretty good show, isn't it?

Got a drumstick also :D

You are so lucky!! Dom actually throw one to me but I didn't manage to catch it and it fell in front of the barrier. The security guy then picked it up and gave it to someone else. :'( I tell myself that Dom didn't throw it far enough, so that I wasn't have able to catch it. Because when I think that it might have been because of me not being able to coordinate my arms properly, I could really kick my own ass.. :LOL:

But well, it was an awesome gig anyway and another night that I will remember for a long time.

One girl next to me grabbed what we thought was a setlist but turned out to be Defector's lyrics. Oh Matt really?

haha, really? I have to rewatch some videos of last night's defector, to see if he's looking on the ground at some point :LOL: