Defector was also really nice to hear, but to be honest, I was kinda hoping for Stockholm at that point, I just felt like some more heavy stuff.

Crowd was not quite as good as London, but pretty close. Mosh pit was a bit smaller, but other than that energy/jumping around seemed roughly on-par.

So, that was my last Drones-360 gig. I had really great times at all of them, but I'm also really really glad this silly 360-stage thing is over for me now (unless they do it again next tour, which they better not :mad:).

I'm glad I was somewhat unspoiled for this tour. Had I known it was Defector vs. Stockholm Syndrome, I would have cried. I live for hearing SS live!

Speaking of more heavy stuff: I went with a friend and her husband, and he found the setlist too pop-y. I'm glad non-fans think so too!

I don't know what exactly it is with arenas, but I tend to blame them for the lack of fun. We stood at the back of the standing area and I had expected the crowd to move towards the stage and condense once the band started. But that didn't happen this time, so for me the gig lacked a bit of atmosphere.

That 360° thing fascinates me. It was so different to be the furthest from the stage, but still so close that I had a good view.

I'm glad I was somewhat unspoiled for this tour. Had I known it was Defector vs. Stockholm Syndrome, I would have cried. I live for hearing SS live!

Speaking of more heavy stuff: I went with a friend and her husband, and he found the setlist too pop-y. I'm glad non-fans think so too!

I don't know what exactly it is with arenas, but I tend to blame them for the lack of fun. We stood at the back of the standing area and I had expected the crowd to move towards the stage and condense once the band started. But that didn't happen this time, so for me the gig lacked a bit of atmosphere.

That 360° thing fascinates me. It was so different to be the furthest from the stage, but still so close that I had a good view.

Yes, that last point is one of the upsides of the stage. I've never been this close to the band at a Muse gig before. However, what really annoys me about the stage is the point you made before: I don't know how far arenas are to blame for the lack of atmosphere, but it's been widely discussed on here (and even mentioned to some extent by the band), that the 360 stage thins out the crowd a lot as everyone is spread along the length of the stage, creating pockets of "hardcore" fans and jumpy people (obviously this is not the case for every song, some songs have more people jumping) instead of them all meeting up in the middle and thus resulting in a less energetic crowd and worse atmosphere. Another annoying thing about the 360 is how often you're singing to the bands back.

Edited by fam201

Yes, that last point is one of the upsides of the stage. I've never been this close to the band at a Muse gig before. However, what really annoys me about the stage is the point you made before: I don't know how far arenas are to blame for the lack of atmosphere, but it's been widely discussed on here (and even mentioned to some extent by the band), that the 360 stage thins out the crowd a lot as everyone is spread along the length of the stage, creating little pockets of "hardcore" fans and jumpy people instead of them all meeting up in the middle and thus resulting in a less energetic crowd and worse atmosphere. Another annoying thing about the 360 is how often you're singing to the bands back.

It was very obvious that quite a lot of the crowd didn't feel as much like getting into it when they couldn't see the bands front, either.

There'd be a lot of cheering and handwaving when one was right in front of them, but it would stop the moment they moved on. Which really is only natural, as if you're trying to show your excitement or appreciation, you expect someone to see it.

And it worked both ways, because the bulk of the movement from the band (or Matt, Chris never moved that much anyways,) was just moving from mic to mic, or skipping around in a circle, and the show wasn't exactly very dynamic.

I am starting to believe that the band have kind of regretted going for the 360 tour. :$

That was at least hinted at during the US leg when Dom said it would be really nice to our with a simpler stage instead of "this big conceptual nightmare".

Some quick thoughts on last night's show in Hamburg (I was at lower section's seats in the middle - perfect view):

• Atmosphere and crowd were surprisingly good and up for it considering it was Monday.
  • Band seemed to enjoy it smiling a lot to each other and having eye-contact with the front rows.
  • In my opinion the sound was too muddy and unclear. Matt's vocals and guitar were good, but like in London I couldn't feel Chris' bass enough and ESPECIALLY not Dom's kick drum at all.
  • All 12 drones and stage production worked perfectly - not a single malfunction at any point as I saw it. The dildrone was about to go down a couple of times but still kept on flying.
  • Setlist start was very promising with Bliss (fuck, was so happy to see it again!) and Map. Unlike many people here I like Resistance a lot and it got a big crowd reaction.
  • but then ... FEELING FUCKING GOOD, why won't you go away? Crowd needs to stop reacting so well to it, but yeah that must be why ...
  • I love how they adjust the volume through some of the songs. Everything gets turned up in Reapers' outro, Map's outro jams, TIRO's chorus e.g. Knights was mega as always and they turned the outro so much up to 11 it almost hurt in the ears.

I'm pretty sure Matt took notice of my big Assassin-For-Copenhagen sign after Knights with his body language saying "yes, I see you!". Going for barrier both tomorrow and Thursday, so hopefully it can happen.

The Muse shows I've enjoyed most? Reading 2011, Download 2015, Earls Court 2004 and Eden 2006.

The thing they all had in common? They were (relatively) stripped back shows. Just screens and lights. No real 'production'.

I just wish they'd do 'a tour'. Plain and simple.

That was at least hinted at during the US leg when Dom said it would be really nice to our with a simpler stage instead of "this big conceptual nightmare".

They always mention how much they like stripping back when they do it.

They always talk about how much they like just rocking out to the rockier songs when they do it.

They even made an album with the intention of capturing the above two points (and for the most part they succeeded).

But when they actually start proper touring that's all gone.